{Resentment Cape} Is It Effective In SOA Areas?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » {Resentment Cape} Is it effective in SOA areas?
{Resentment Cape} Is it effective in SOA areas?
By Darkvlade 2013-12-20 14:32:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Resentment Cape

I just recently got my Ochain 90. I will start Aegis hopefully by next week. I was thinking if this Cape is feasible as part of a -MDT set or just stick with Engulfer cape?

I'm not sure if latent carries over to all areas including SOA.

Thanks again

Can't link pic for cape above sorry
By Pantafernando 2013-12-20 14:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

According to wikia, only conquest areas.
So useless.
Go with jse cape.
EDIT: maybe this could be effective in sky? Then could work for ark angels.
Still jse cape should be better.
 Bismarck.Davorin
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-12-20 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Mollusca mantle.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-20 15:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Colossus mantle is also an alternative.

Mollusca is what I would use, though. I was cheap and mollusca wasn't only 100k back then XD
By Darkvlade 2013-12-20 15:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Forgot about mollusca, and just remembered Salvus mantle too, question inside a question, for -MDT set should my priority be -MDT or MDB gear, and which one will help me get closer to cap with shell V.

Thanks again
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-20 15:28:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Darkvlade said: »
Forgot about mollusca, and just remembered Salvus mantle too, question inside a question, for -MDT set should my priority be -MDT or MDB gear, and which one will help me get closer to cap with shell V.

Thanks again

Try to cap -MDT first. Once you cap that, fill in MDB around it. I personally geared around having Shellra 5 up (23% before stacking MDB), some people go off having pld shell only, and some go for stacking full -MDT in case they get dispelled (feels like a waste to me). Either way it's going to depend on what you have available etc.
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-20 15:28:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks again

Well with Shellra 5 you 75/256 if with an Augmented WHM relic pants, or 70/256 if fully merited shellra5 but without the relic pants.

As Shell factors into the MDT cap you have 29% reduction from the shell alone, you require 21% more to cap (you are actually at 29.3% with the augment) with this in mind, AF1+2 body (-9% DT) and D ring (-10) you would only need 2% to cap your MDT ( Aegis not included due to its ability to break this cap ) so I would suggest using MDB rather than MDT capes, a Twilight torque (Unless there's a superior piece) to cap and bring your PDT to around 24% before you even look at other gear ~

EDIT ~ Isn't Shell V Reduces magic damage by 62/256 (~24.2%) ~ and Shellra V (1 merit) 62/256 again 24.2 %~

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Shellra_V
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-20 15:36:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Thanks again

Well with Shellra 5 you 75/256 if with an Augmented WHM relic pants, or 70/256 if fully merited shellra5 but without the relic pants.

As Shell factors into the MDT cap you have 29% reduction from the shell alone, you require 21% more to cap (you are actually at 29.3% with the augment) with this in mind, AF1+2 body (-9% DT) and D ring (-10) you would only need 2% to cap your MDT ( Aegis not included due to its ability to break this cap ) so I would suggest using MDB rather than MDT capes, a Twilight torque (Unless there's a superior piece) to cap and bring your PDT to around 24% before you even look at other gear ~

EDIT ~ Isn't Shell V Reduces magic damage by 62/256 (~24.2%) ~ and Shellra V (1 merit) 62/256 again 24.2 %~

Yeah, I haven't been playing for a bit. I was basing it off of full merits with no pants from months and months ago.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-12-20 15:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So you guys don't carry around a Sheltered ring?
[+]
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-20 15:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Thanks again

Yeah, I haven't been playing for a bit. I was basing it off of full merits with no pants from months and months ago.

NP, I wasn;t sure if the values here were being displayed incorrectly, glad to know they're not ^^ and Grats on quitting the game! I'm sure there's better sets around anyways, I don't play PLD and I'm not sure if anyone's posted a good build yet using af1+3 body ~
 Cerberus.Conagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2013-12-20 15:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
So you guys don't carry around a Sheltered ring?

2% MDT, who has gearspace for this! but that is a very valid point, this could allow you cap very easily... Now I must find a sheltered ring.........
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-12-20 15:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sheltered ring, oh you.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-12-20 15:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't play PLD and I'm not sure if anyone's posted a good build yet using af1+3 body ~

Yeah, even when i played I wasn't up to date on pld sets. The last time i seriously geared pld was pre-wotg. Back then it was "whatever is going to look prettiest for being afk at fafnir for 4 hours".

I'm sure some of the pieces from my drk mdt are still ok but that's probably woefully obsolete too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.