Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Going back to previous VW's
Going back to previous VW's
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-11-27 09:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So I was just messing around really and soloing some VwNM's beat 2 of them then got my Crimson Stratium Abyssite upgraded.

Didn't get either of the KIs from them though. Can I go back and pop Tier 1's at all?
By Spiraboo 2013-11-27 09:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2013-11-27 09:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, sorry, I don't think I phrased my question well at all then!

What I meant was do I need to reobtain a L1 Crimson Abyssite and if so, how? I spoke to the voidwatch guy but he didn't offer it again.

When I checked the Planar Rift with my Tier 2, it came up with a message:

"You feel a mysterious energy seeping forth from an unknown source, however your presence does not elicit a reaction"

Am I missing something?

Edit: IDIOT! I realised as I posted, I switched to L38 Blm to warp. I am guessing this is the reason why.

Sorry to have wasted your time!!
By Spiraboo 2013-11-27 10:43:05
Link | Quote | Reply

lol yea you need to be 75 i believe to participate in VW. lol

But any higher tier abyssite can trigger a lower tier VW XD
By cervelo84 2013-12-11 09:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a question. If my wife has the abyssite that pops the NM for the weapon trials. Can she log out after she pops the NM so it wont change? Or should she just zone? I remember hating when the abyssite changed. Thanks.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-11 09:31:04
Link | Quote | Reply

cervelo84 said: »
I have a question. If my wife has the abyssite that pops the NM for the weapon trials. Can she log out after she pops the NM so it wont change? Or should she just zone? I remember hating when the abyssite changed. Thanks.

Zone is enough, though she wont get the win.
And i believe even if she came back after zoning, her abyssite can change.
By Spiraboo 2013-12-11 10:20:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy is talking about the sit-and-pop voidwalker nms, which is different to the title's voidwatch mechanics. So I doubt he's concerned about the win here ^^

Logging out should work, zoning works for sure, as long as she's not in zone for the kill it won't change (not sure about zoning back in before it's dead, it might still change, I don't know.). I've popped quite a few for my friends and just warped to keep my abyssite before.
By Pantafernando 2013-12-11 11:37:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
This guy is talking about the sit-and-pop voidwalker nms, which is different to the title's voidwatch mechanics. So I doubt he's concerned about the win here ^^

Logging out should work, zoning works for sure, as long as she's not in zone for the kill it won't change (not sure about zoning back in before it's dead, it might still change, I don't know.). I've popped quite a few for my friends and just warped to keep my abyssite before.

Swap the word "win" for "kill".
I guess both him and hiw wife should be doing the same trial. There isnt any reason to not doing both at same time.