Back From 6 Month Break.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » Back from 6 month break.
Back from 6 month break.
 Leviathan.Arcajeth
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: arcajeth
By Leviathan.Arcajeth 2013-11-21 17:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Where do I start?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-11-21 18:27:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Start from the beginning.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Genevie
Server: Bahamut
user: Geneviee
By Bahamut.Genevie 2013-11-21 18:35:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Start from the beginning.

It's a very good place to start!
 Leviathan.Arcajeth
By Leviathan.Arcajeth 2013-11-21 18:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the dilemma is that there are little to no shouts, most are selling items or WKR, but I still need some Delve NM clears and Skirmish. I don't know the best way to go about Skirmish and how to farm plasm when there are no shouts for it. I know I can try to make my own, if that's the case what is most common Skirmish setup?

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2013-11-21 19:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcajeth said: »
Well the dilemma is that there are little to no shouts, most are selling items or WKR, but I still need some Delve NM clears and Skirmish. I don't know the best way to go about Skirmish and how to farm plasm when there are no shouts for it. I know I can try to make my own, if that's the case what is most common Skirmish setup?

Blm for any skirmish. Do lower tier, any low,an can clear a low tier skirmish. But wildeskeeper will provide better weapons and gear, if you already have access. In fact, you can skip every plasm and skirmish weapon if you have the wk weapon (unless you dual wield). The same applies to armor.
Plasm farm is pointless. Not many do delve boss run nowaday, even less do plasm farm. If you want to join a delve boss run, level a suport role job. Many offer will happen to whm, cor, brd and geos. But dds, well, expect a lot of competition, and against guys with delve weapon already.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Arcajeth
By Leviathan.Arcajeth 2013-11-21 19:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya I will have a better gauge after the weekend. Thanks for replies soi t seems like for what I want I need to gear, invest into BLM and WHM and possibly GEO. My BRD is w/o Horn/Harp so I'll let it rot. Anyways thanks again.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2013-11-21 19:19:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Made me scroll up "***, am I in 14 forums again"

Damn you green hair!

Sometimes I say things like that, and then I realize I haven't logged in for a week there either and I regret saying it.
 Shiva.Gib
Server: Shiva
user: Gib
By Shiva.Gib 2013-11-21 19:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

level 119 your scythe
[+]
By Pantafernando 2013-11-21 19:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Arcajeth said: »
Ya I will have a better gauge after the weekend. Thanks for replies soi t seems like for what I want I need to gear, invest into BLM and WHM and possibly GEO. My BRD is w/o Horn/Harp so I'll let it rot. Anyways thanks again.

Well, lately is so hard to find brd 3+ songs, that even the picky guys will give up after 2 hours shouting. In fact, if you work a little in a dharp, your gold. If not, just having instruments +3 and af3+2 will place you above average. And way above.
 Leviathan.Arcajeth
By Leviathan.Arcajeth 2013-11-21 19:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I will at some point it is 99 atm. Just hope its worth it. Would hate to upgrade it then another update with Lvl 130 weapons with 300+damage. lol
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-21 19:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

A safe skirmish party setup is 2 mages and 4 heavy DD. You dont need a 'tank', you just need people that can do good damage.

If you do a skirmish pickup group, warmup using a '1/1/1' statue simulacrum and stick to doing Yorcia Weald skirmish to get some good armor pieces.
Skirmish section on BgWiki

If you cant get anyone to do any skirmish, you can easily get a hold of the new +1 Bayld armor pieces and Camaraderie weapons at a bare minimum solo just using your task imprimaturs and doing the weakened reives in ceizak/yahse/morimar to save up bayld.

My advice is to ride the wildkeeper reive spam bandwagon when you can (they cost 15k bayld now and its possible to get up to Naakaul 2 items, 1JSE cape and 1 RME item if you are lucky). The new iLevel 115 drops from the first 3 naakual are really nice for newcomers or returning players that missed the delve rush.