Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » Seeking End-Game on Carby
Seeking End-Game on Carby
 Carbuncle.Hevans
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Hev
By Carbuncle.Hevans 2009-08-17 08:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

man, i thought this thread had potential. this forum needs moar life.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Soprano
user: Soprano
By Carbuncle.Soprano 2009-08-18 08:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyri said:
weee lead me soprano!!!!! ill let u use a collar if your a good boy ^.- but no srsly. you were the best ls ldr i ever had. come back =)

I appreciate the compliment, Fabled was a great time. However, as of right now, I am not sure if I have enough desire to play the game, let alone lead another end game shell, maybe after this summer I will reconsider, but as of right now, I don't have enough time to do so. Sorry hun!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Heithem
user: Heithem
By Carbuncle.Heithem 2009-08-21 18:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Taintedone said:
Corrderio said:
If you're really serious about finding a shell. Make an app on BG. Though to be honest Carby lacks a lot of choices for NA endgame shells on this server.

Corr's right unfortunately. There are really only a handful of established endgame shells that have been around for any length of time. The rest just seem to appear for a little while, then disappear as quickly as they showed up for one reason or another.

Come on taint. you know why these shells Die. it's always one of two reasons.

1) Piss poor management. Either the leaders are using the labor of their
Shell to get what they want and take first drop of everything.
Or they manipulate their own rules to give certain ppl or themselves an
advantage over the majority of their shell.

2) A poor understanding of End game by shell members. most ppl that first
start End Game don't understand that ( and this is your own words taint)
That all end game is 90% work and 10% reward.

You know we had are fair share of lamers that though they would join my
shell get there drops and go. It only happend once in Deicide and that
was when we started. I made the rules to always favor the ppl that do the
work. Oh and here is a novel thing, I follow my own rules. This maybe
why Deicide is going to have it's 1 year anniversary next month.

But what do I know?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Jazzmonke
user: Jazzmonke
By Carbuncle.Jazzmonke 2009-09-16 19:08:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Soprano, I miss you man. You should come lead a small salvage group a few days a week :)Kyri I'm glad you found a new home, if you ever need help let me know.
 Carbuncle.Soprano
By Carbuncle.Soprano 2009-09-18 14:14:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey Jazz, I miss you all too, I don't really miss the game, but I rather just miss hanging out with people in the game. I would like to come back eventually, but not anytime soon as RL is busy kicking my butt. I think I need to accept the fact that Investment Banking + MMORPG don't really mix well together, lol.

How are things with you man? How is the game nowadays? I check this forum every now and then so let me know what's going on. Hope all is well dude with you and your baby.

And /wave Kyri!
 Carbuncle.Jazzmonke
user: Jazzmonke
By Carbuncle.Jazzmonke 2009-10-02 04:04:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Hehe yea Investment banking and MMO... hmmm... I'm kinda surprised you were able to play so long. I was worried there for a while that with the banking situation you might have felt the crunch, glad to see ur still working man.

Things are Going pretty well. My Son Kyle is 9 months old, he's gettin his teeth, and crawling everywhere. Def. keeping me busy. I gave him French Fries yesterday... that's like the most exciting thing I've done all week lol.

As far as the game goes I found a home in VFS, really smart laid back ppl. Getting in to Einherjar finally, something I really wanted. Got a small Salvage group with Bel and Sky it looks promising. Not a lot of play time lately got family visiting and School starting but, we make it work somehow :)
 Carbuncle.Soprano
By Carbuncle.Soprano 2009-10-05 08:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, the days of 3-4 hours of sleep was getting to me and affecting me at work, I was drinking like 10+ cups of coffee a day. Was kinda silly of me, oh well, I had fun while it lasted playing this darn game.

Grats on your kid and everything, can he walk yet?

Einherjar is pretty fun, some of the mobs combo can be a bit irritating, but nothing that's not manageable if you are well prepped, hopefully VFS is. Say hi to Bel and Sky for me, you get your morrigan's robe yet or is that out of style already?