Can ADL Be Solo'd Or Duo?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
Can ADL be solo'd or duo?
First Page 2 3
 Sylph.Guebotermico
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 07:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hey i was wondering, now a days with the current top weapons and gears from delve. can ADL be solo or duo? if so what jobs have you guys use to solo or duo him
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 08:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I highly doubt that, because of Death move (Tera Slash) plus having to deal with clones.

That's why you have to zerg the hell out of him..
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 08:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

was wondering cuz i saw a video of 2 mnks and one smn killing it about a year ago before anything delve was released.
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-10-30 08:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed the part where they buffed with ither mules and logged them out to log in the smn
[+]
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 08:38:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
You missed the part where they buffed with ither mules and logged them out to log in the smn

Thanks I didnt see that in the video I watched or thought of that. But that does makes more sense
By itchi508 2013-10-30 08:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say no, but if you where a epeen mnk with a smn and got lucky on pick and didnt see a 2nd split, possibley. I doubt it tho and wouldnt waist a pop attempting it as its a gamble picking right one, not to mention a 2nd split & the 3% Terror slash wipe if you make it that far.

2mnk
Cor or brd
Whm
Smn
Thf
I would take this set up and could do it easily from my understanding with up to date gear and your able to farm also. Its been a year since i ADL so unsure how easy it is now. Pre SoA we have taken him down 3drk, thf cor whm smn. (This post embrava nerf)
Ive wanted to static ADL but cant find enough people interested :(
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 08:44:35
Link | Quote | Reply

There will be enough people interested post November update that is.

At least until the December update when they release 124 iLvl weapons.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 08:52:54
Link | Quote | Reply

it takes me one run if lucky on pup to make a whole set i think ill farm one set just to see cuz im too curious lol. besides its no like i have too much to do in game now days. then maybe try mnk and smn mule for pd with hundred fist.
By itchi508 2013-10-30 08:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you going to try solo id bring Elixer, tp wing, & pop Fountain soda for regain pre pop. PD at 50% and HF after split. If you stand at a distance with good view you can choose the right one, although its distorted and can be tricky. But duel box you will have smn in range to be hit with push back so pray for luck & Good luck to you sir ^
Maybe try /run for more survivability, but will lessen your dps. Anyone think Vallation + all the magic eva available would reduce enough dmg to be worth it?
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-10-30 09:29:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Please stay on topic about ADL

Thank you
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-10-30 09:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Pchan gonna Pchan, but he probably knows more about the topic than anyone else. Deleting his comments probably isn't in the best interests of the OP
[+]
 Valefor.Houppelande
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2013-10-30 09:36:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
Pchan gonna Pchan, but he probably knows more about the topic than anyone else. Deleting his comments probably isn't in the best interests of the OP

I honestly don't care how much he knows about a subject - if his first response is "you are a retard" you're going to get topic banned.

Anyone here who doesn't want to discuss the subject at hand - ADL, please move on.

Thank you
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-10-30 09:55:52
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
I would say no, but if you where a epeen mnk with a smn and got lucky on pick and didnt see a 2nd split, possibley. I doubt it tho and wouldnt waist a pop attempting it as its a gamble picking right one, not to mention a 2nd split & the 3% Terror slash wipe if you make it that far.

2mnk
Cor or brd
Whm
Smn
Thf
I would take this set up and could do it easily from my understanding with up to date gear and your able to farm also. Its been a year since i ADL so unsure how easy it is now. Pre SoA we have taken him down 3drk, thf cor whm smn. (This post embrava nerf)
Ive wanted to static ADL but cant find enough people interested :(
I could understand some of this. Wouldn't you want to also change the WHM for another SMN? Hastega go! Also add Enfire/Thunder and Warcry beforehand too! Carby favor is enough healing for farming mobs anyway. Can also add Ifrit's favor during ADL.
By itchi508 2013-10-30 10:26:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Id bring whm pro/shell & mainly for pen/horn NMs just incase astral flow or mijin gakure gets off. Astral flow shouldn't but we no it occ will, & mijin gakure is random and can do multiple times. Unsure how much it would hurt to eat those now(cant be to bad if the OP is soloing them on pup)
And repose could be occ. beneficial but not necessary or used unless smn sleep is down and a dark based avatar wakes.
Probably could take them down fast enough to avoid the dangers but It still could be sketchy situation since carby is limited on cure times. Not saying 2smn cant cover it, just being on the safe side to avoid any casualties.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-10-30 10:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

If you stand at a distance with good view you can choose the right one, although its distorted and can be tricky.
Huh? Is there a way to know which is the right clone?
By itchi508 2013-10-30 10:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
If you stand at a distance with good view you can choose the right one, although its distorted and can be tricky.
If you stand far enough back by the pillars to not be distorted by knock back on split you can watch a clone step aside and choose the correct one. But with his spinning attack move after split they swop places and is hard to determine which is real. On our runs we had someone spot the real and we usually where correct if our spotter didn't lose sight. Could be luck or could be true fact? You decide if you try it or watch a ADL video and try to spot it.
All i no is it worked and iv gone on runs as blm and have kept my eye on the real one. I believe it just depends on how he standing Vs your angle of view when the split happens.
 Sylph.Guebotermico
By Sylph.Guebotermico 2013-10-30 10:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »

now thas something i would like to know aswell.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 10:56:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly, no you cannot pick the correct clone. Secondly can you please for the love of god stop typing "Swop"? Is it that hard to type swap?

Also, does anyone have any evidence towards if resist death items work on KO tp moves, or just death spell?
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Firstly, no you cannot pick the correct clone. Secondly can you please for the love of god stop typing "Swop"? Is it that hard to type swap?

Also, does anyone have any evidence towards if resist death items work on KO tp moves, or just death spell?

KO moves are unavoidable. Resist death is just the spell. I remember seeing some testing on tyrant tusk a few years ago trying figure out why it didn't always kill you and they tested some resist death items after figuring the move out.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 11:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I spammed ADL, could terra slash work like tyrant tusk, or does it still kill with max potency PD on?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-10-30 11:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been a long time since I spammed ADL, could terra slash work like tyrant tusk, or does it still kill with max potency PD on?

Uh... I thought terra slash went through PD, that's why we always squalled at 20%.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-10-30 11:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
KO moves are unavoidable. Resist death is just the spell. I remember seeing some testing on tyrant tusk a few years ago trying figure out why it didn't always kill you and they tested some resist death items after figuring the move out.
First, Tera slash itself can miss, or be parried. Rare as hell though.

Second, I've been hit by, and survived Tera slash quite a few times. So the KO part can fail to proc(in which case you just take dmg). I shouldn't have been wearing any resist death gear though during those, so it wouldn't have been via resist gear.

Regarding PD, I'm fairly certain Tera slash can kill you even with PD at full potency. It's just not blockable by PD. Kinda like Dynamic implosion(the terror move). Which tends to be a bigger issue than tera slash in any case.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 11:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

PD starts to degrade by then, if it worked like tyrant tusk, it could still kill you? Just a theory! Just curious if anyone has any evidence to the contrary, since it sometimes does damage instead of KO. Terror is pretty much impossible to resist too right? I know even with an insane amount of resist, couldn't get a single absolute terror to miss.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-10-30 11:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Terror is pretty much impossible to resist too right? I know even with an insane amount of resist, couldn't get a single absolute terror to miss.
I've experimented with absolute terror myself. Even with 400~ dark resist(also tried earth ele, I don't think terror element was ever proven...) AND Geo Meva+ and mob Macc- I never resisted. Had a some short durations though.
Josiahkf said: »
it's just yet another additional effect to a tp move that magic evasion can help evade you think Martel?

Would love to stack highest meva in game and try macc down to find out "it's actually low macc move if you're above 250+ meva" or something
It's not something I've been able to test. But considering that Tera Slash's death effect CAN miss, it may be possible to increase the rate at which that occurs.

A RuneFencer+GEO+Ilvl gear can reach ridiculous levels of Meva. Thing is, even if you achieved Tera slash Immunity, Dynamic Implosion could still ruin your day.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-10-30 11:32:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think blu terror work the same, it can resist quite easily. Pretty sure dynamic implosion is like stun, where you're going to have a like 1/8000 or something chance at a full resist. But worth seeing if any avatar has full immunity though.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3