RDM Kirin Solo And Other DD Set

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » RDM kirin solo and other DD set
RDM kirin solo and other DD set
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Psylo
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: psylo
Posts: 429
By Asura.Psylo 2013-09-30 04:07:38
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Hello everyone, as said in title wanna solo melee kirin as (assumed) RDM/BLU (only for cocoon)

Any tips are welcome.

First of all, any suggestion on a mixed Tp set :

ItemSet 313829

with all skirmish 3% PDT.

So keep genbu (with good cure augm) or go beatic (3% PDT augm), not sure because have a lot of mag.eva & magic def bonus.

Thks for reply
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Offline
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Beanie
Posts: 108
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2013-09-30 05:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think a Beatific Shield would be much more useful than genbu's shield to be honest. All the heavy dmg you do take will be from magic and with Beatific's pdt augs, superior blocking enhancement, shield mastery and obvious magic dmg reduction seems to overwhelming to ignore at least.
Offline
Posts: 595
By charlo999 2013-09-30 05:46:24
Link | Quote | Reply
 
full skirmish armour with 4% pdt on each = 20%
2 x dark rings = 12%
2 x dark earrings = 4%
umbra cape = 6%(12%) at night)
wiglen gorget = -6% the magic can be offset with mdt on rings
beatific shield 2 shield mastery 4% pdt
can mix and match till 50% depended on augments, defending ring will mean youll need less on gear or can swap out ears for the DA ones
and a haste belt phos belt or higher will cap haste with skirmish gear.

total
2 shield mastery
50% mdt
50% pdt
increased shield block
massive stats/evasion/magic evasion(seriously magic will be lolable, especially if using barspells too)
phalanx
2 refesh 3 regen if /blu add 12 for regen II
boost str= 25 str
temper for 20% da
eat a hydra kofte for about 1000def 1000 attack or 1400 defence with cocoon /blu, I mostlt go /whm for nas and erase to save on medsas at this point cocoon isn't needed.
with full enhancing skill setup 500 skill
and a good req build with ele belts and new skermish armour
grab all the stoneskin enhances set
(ear,neck,belt,legs,hands) = +120 damage absorbed
old content will hardly break stoneskin.
I have only 34% pdt in my set with max everything else and all old stuff ive done is an afk job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 07:28:21
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.
 Odin.Exeter
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Exeter
Posts: 88
By Odin.Exeter 2013-09-30 08:48:25
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.

Bite your tongue heathen! Take a lesson from my good friend Ryuotas on RDM solo.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AberrantDynamo
[+]
 Odin.Ryuotas
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuotas
Posts: 516
By Odin.Ryuotas 2013-09-30 09:02:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Was planning on doing this myself in the next little bit, actually. I would recommend going NIN sub instead, because kill speed of the summons is about the most important factor in the fight. Play aggressively until the babies are all dealt with, and then maybe switch to a more defensive build. Kirin himself is quite nonthreatening, so the quicker you can get the babies out of the way, the better (granted this is all forethought that does not include SoA Gear, so who knows).

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.

Soloing in general is much more sophisticated these days than it ever was in 75 cap. Granted I was not nearly as involved then as I am now with it, but I always remember it being fairly limited to a combination of attrition, DoT, Nukes, Powder Boots, lots of Gravity, lots of Bind, lots of running, and finding a safe place to bring the NM. Ultimately, difficulty is a very subjective term, but if I had to compare Suzaku 75 vs Kirin 99, I would have to say that Kirin would be considerably more challenging to defeat than Suzaku. Kirin and friends just have so many more variables to consider than normal Suzaku could, and really, the only luck based variable in the entire fight that I can think of is Seiryu screwing you over with spamming Dispelling Wind. Other than that everything is pretty standard.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
Posts: 137
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 09:33:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Just fyi you could probably kill it before it even smns all 4. @99 with an 85 kannagi nin pld rdm we downed it before it got the second smn even got off, the nin did die one of the fights to a bad timed astral flow > TP move. With newer gear I don't even see this being a issue for rdm though. I don't think I'd even bother with the phys dmg gear and just DD it /nin.
 Odin.Ryuotas
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuotas
Posts: 516
By Odin.Ryuotas 2013-09-30 09:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
With newer gear I don't even see this being a issue for rdm though. I don't think I'd even bother with the phys dmg gear and just DD it /nin.

I was actually worried myself over this, and probably will not end up using the SoA stuff. It is so excessively overpowered that it would seemingly drain all of the fun, excitement, and many standard elements of challenge out of the fight. Though it completely depends on why OP is doing it, as well; if he or she just wants it dead, then put on your SoA boots and square him right in the cubes.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 10:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
[quote='Odin.Ryuotas' pid=2468251]Was planning on doing this myself in the next little bit, actually. I would recommend going NIN sub instead, because kill speed of the summons is about the most important factor in the fight. Play aggressively until the babies are all dealt with, and then maybe switch to a more defensive build. Kirin himself is quite nonthreatening, so the quicker you can get the babies out of the way, the better; you might not be able to keep up with single wielding, though with SoA weapons, who knows.

[quote='Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai' pid=2468235]Rdm solo looks boring these days ;\. Ahh, the days I'd fight Suzaku solo at 75cap, damn good times were had, such a nice challenge.

Tbh I'd say GL, but in all honestly Kirin will be the one needing luck.[/quote]

Soloing in general is much more sophisticated these days than it ever was in 75 cap. Granted I was not nearly as involved then as I am now with it, but I always remember it being fairly limited to a combination of attrition, DoT, Nukes, Powder Boots, lots of Gravity, lots of Bind, lots of running, and finding a safe place to bring the NM. Ultimately, difficulty is a very subjective term, but if I had to compare Suzaku 75 vs Kirin 99, I would have to say that Kirin would be considerably more challenging to defeat than Suzaku. Kirin [i]and friends[/i] just have so many more variables to consider than normal Suzaku could, and really, the only [i]luck[/i] based variable in the entire fight that I can think of is Seiryu screwing you over with spamming Dispelling Wind. Other than that everything is pretty standard.[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally offer you the challenge of Level Syncing yourself and challenging her at 75 with the general gear and tools you have access to at that time. I did pretty much everything possible with RDM back in those days, and nothing else challenged me more so than Suzaku did.

I don't see Kirin being anywhere near the same difficulty with the tools and equipment you have access to these days, but you're, as it would appear, an established RDM soloist. I would genuinely like to hear what you make of her in comparison to the challenges you can face in today's Vana'diel, should you consider taking up this challenge.

Edit: Apologies for the messed up quote, not sure how to fix it.
 Odin.Ryuotas
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuotas
Posts: 516
By Odin.Ryuotas 2013-09-30 11:13:32
Link | Quote | Reply
 
OP: Might also consider leaving Kirin on one side of the arena while you deal with baby(s) (Bind or Gravity, whatever you can to get distance between). The little things like that are what make a large difference in the end (typically).

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I personally offer you the challenge of Level Syncing yourself and challenging her at 75 with the general gear and tools you have access to at that time. I did pretty much everything possible with RDM back in those days, and nothing else challenged me more so than Suzaku did.

I don't see Kirin being anywhere near the same difficulty with the tools and equipment you have access to these days, but you're, as it would appear, an established RDM soloist. I would genuinely like to hear what you make of her in comparison to the challenges you can face in today's Vana'diel, should you consider taking up this challenge.

Edit: Apologies for the messed up quote, not sure how to fix it.

I actually have soloed Suzaku in 75 days, but this was before I recorded the things that I fought (long before). It was really quite standard I found, if I can be honest with you. I believe I brought about a Fire Resist set + Barfire, and after that it was essentially repeating the exact same thing over and over again until victory (Fire Set on Nuke, Kite during CS, DoT+Nuke to kill); there were no curve balls in that fight. And just for arguments sake (not flaunting this), I have never used any third party anything, so then and now are almost literally the same to me as far as game interface goes.

I only think today has more challenge because the game as a whole has developed further since 75 days. Combat has advanced considerably (it has more facets than it used to, which is undeniable), and while Gear has as well, there is nothing forcing people who seek greater challenge to use greater Gear (most handicaps are the ones you determine for yourself).
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2013-09-30 11:18:04
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Austar
Online
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
Posts: 9346
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-09-30 11:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Fire Set on Nuke, Kite during CS, DoT+Nuke to kill
Would be better off with full MDT, no carols will make resisting it not very likely. Just counter her chainspell with your own spamming stoneskin/utsu. And you would rarely get any nukes off casting utsu all the time with how unreliable slow is to land.
 Odin.Ryuotas
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuotas
Posts: 516
By Odin.Ryuotas 2013-09-30 11:20:46
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Ramuh.Austar said: »
Odin.Ryuotas said: »
Fire Set on Nuke, Kite during CS, DoT+Nuke to kill
Would be better off with full MDT, no carols will make resisting it not very likely. Just counter her chainspell with your own spamming stoneskin/utsu. And you would rarely get any nukes off casting utsu all the time with how unreliable slow is to land.

Was only making the point that the semantics of it all were rather simple. I whipped together that basic scenario in about thirty seconds and put little-to-no thought into it, only using it as an example to put things into perspective; I honestly do not remember how exactly I fought it, just that I did. Whether it was full MDT, full Fire Resist, a combination of both, none of the above, or tapping into the power of the Ebon Panels, I just meant that whatever was used, I do not recall the fight being incredibly daunting as a whole (there is nothing memorable about it). In any case, even without the mathematical skills to back someone up, trial and error with those few, simple variables would not have been a long or tedious process at all.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 11:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I see, well I no longer play anymore, so I cannot try Kirin myself, but I imagine add spawns to just be a non-issue. With the tools and equipment given to RDM these days, the adds are gonna drop, fast.

It's been awhile since I challenged her, but I remember vaguely the trouble I had were her Double Attacks, they were fairly fierce when in combination with other things.

Paralyze rarely landing, if it even could (idr-she is fire based though) made it a harder fight compared the other challenges offered at that time.
 Odin.Ryuotas
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Ryuotas
Posts: 516
By Odin.Ryuotas 2013-09-30 11:32:22
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
I see, well I no longer play anymore, so I cannot try Kirin myself, but I imagine add spawns to just be a non-issue. With the tools and equipment given to RDM these days, the adds are gonna drop, fast.

It's been awhile since I challenged her, but I remember vaguely the trouble I had were her Double Attacks, they were fairly fierce when in combination with other things.

Paralyze rarely landing, if it even could (idr-she is fire based though) made it a harder fight compared the other challenges offered at that time.

Yeah with SoA Weapons I would imagine the adds would drop insanely fast (I attempted once before SoA had been released, so things have changed considerably since then). As far as Suzaku went, I do recall Paralyze was not terribly difficult to land (despite affinity), but Silence was a flat-out *** and a half. It was not impossible, but far from reliable, and my only guess is that because Greater Birds (most Birds) are inherently Wind Based when not programmed differently, it likely just adopted that family benefit.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
Posts: 137
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 12:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Or just silence suzy and win? lol As for kirin it mostly just spams tp moves 10 to 1 melee rounds so I can't see where you are getting double attack...breath caps at 1000 dmg fully unresisted so unless your a taru kinda non-issue too...
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 13:11:00
Link | Quote | Reply
 
@Ariaum your post is a jumble of incorrect remarks / nonsense.
But I will try and respond to your post.

I'm 99% sure the Suzaku outside is immune to silence, otherwise the general strategy Sky shells would have employed was to ES Silence on CS. The common strategy was Chainspell Stun, or SV Carol two PLDs and have them juggle hate. The former being the more common and effective.

The Suzaku summoned by Kirin can, however be silenced and should be pretty easy for a RDM to land reliably now.

I was talking about outside Suzaku at Lv.75 when talking about her Double Attacks.

Breath damage will get resisted into the ground with SoA equipment, phalanx and obviously stoneskin will directly reduce the damage.

Won't even be a problem for a Tarutaru.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 13:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Suzy outside isn't immune to silence, but it's a pain to stick.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Offline
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Starkzz
Posts: 1899
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-09-30 13:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Really? well, that's very surprising.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 14:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
with tom staff at 90 it was possible, i don't know if the enfeebling update affected it, i haven't fought her since then
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 31486
By Asura.Kingnobody 2013-09-30 14:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I was able to stick Silence using Water Bomb and Chaotic Eye as BLU.
Offline
Posts: 595
By charlo999 2013-09-30 16:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Was curious and needs raise 3 for my gimpy whm so just bought a popset quick and just did it
with only 34% pdt
set I posted with 25% haste
991 attack 982 def

Took 4-5 mins





http://static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/36CPJLiVG7kh243g.jpg

http://static.ffxiah.com/images/ss/full/AUijw7tgMUq2iGL0.jpg

95% pre SoA is like this.
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2013-09-30 17:05:37
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply
 
Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 17:34:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Next time you're bored Charlo I'm curious how rdm soloing arch omega would go since it's also pre adoulin.

I'm thinking of trying arch cristelle as well but never fought before, wondering if razorfury and a rdm to chainspell stun will be enough to kill it fast enough duoing

Isn't arch-omega incredibly resistant to stun?
Offline
Posts: 595
By charlo999 2013-09-30 18:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Id prob just kite it and spam stone 1 unless I just /blm or /drk and just turn till stun timer is ready for next tp move
arch omega I guess should be good and the ki zone looks like a gil maker anyway.
 Shiva.Ariaum
Offline
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Ariaum
Posts: 137
By Shiva.Ariaum 2013-09-30 19:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
@Ariaum your post is a jumble of incorrect remarks / nonsense.
But I will try and respond to your post.

I'm 99% sure the Suzaku outside is immune to silence, otherwise the general strategy Sky shells would have employed was to ES Silence on CS. The common strategy was Chainspell Stun, or SV Carol two PLDs and have them juggle hate. The former being the more common and effective.

The Suzaku summoned by Kirin can, however be silenced and should be pretty easy for a RDM to land reliably now.

I was talking about outside Suzaku at Lv.75 when talking about her Double Attacks.

Breath damage will get resisted into the ground with SoA equipment, phalanx and obviously stoneskin will directly reduce the damage.

Won't even be a problem for a Tarutaru.


Wrong your mages where terrible if they couldn't land silence on suzy @75 it was common, it just appears you play with terrible or are terrible yourself, and should feel bad. Why silence something that is going to die in 1-2 ws.
 Odin.Exeter
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Exeter
Posts: 88
By Odin.Exeter 2013-09-30 20:01:08
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Shiva.Ariaum said: »
Wrong your mages where terrible if they couldn't land silence on suzy @75 it was common, it just appears you play with terrible or are terrible yourself, and should feel bad. Why silence something that is going to die in 1-2 ws.

[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
Posts: 1298
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-09-30 20:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply
 
You couldn't call mages at lvl75 terrible for being unable to reliably (key word) stick silence on Suzaku to use it in a reliable strategy.

Chainspell stunning or shadowbinding were common ways at 75 for dealing with CS, it would of been a waste of time for a mage to be spamming silence on it even with the very best gear a RDM had access to at 75 it stuck usually only for a few seconds and took a few casts to land. It's not like trying to land gravity on Kirin at 75 which was easy even as BLM, silencing Suzaku was harder. As for level 90-99 the last Suzy I did would of been with a capped 99 SCH in pretty much the best pre Adoulin enfeeb set, he spammed silence knowing it doesn't reliably land but that's part of the fun and I was quite safe tanking. It landed on the third try I think it was an immuno-break message but it did last a while.

A RDM would find it easier to land, could well be around a 50-70% stick rate for a RDM in capped gear now making it a worthwhile cast. But to say your mages are crap if they couldn't land silence and reliably (otherwise what would be the point) at 75 on Suzy is an outlandish statement.

Oh and it's "were terrible" not "where terrible".
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Offline
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Jassik
Posts: 9534
By Odin.Jassik 2013-09-30 21:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Sylph.Krsone said: »
You couldn't call mages at lvl75 terrible for being unable to reliably (key word) stick silence on Suzaku to use it in a reliable strategy.

Chainspell stunning or shadowbinding were common ways at 75 for dealing with CS, it would of been a waste of time for a mage to be spamming silence on it even with the very best gear a RDM had access to at 75 it stuck usually only for a few seconds and took a few casts to land. It's not like trying to land gravity on Kirin at 75 which was easy even as BLM, silencing Suzaku was harder. As for level 90-99 the last Suzy I did would of been with a capped 99 SCH in pretty much the best pre Adoulin enfeeb set, he spammed silence knowing it doesn't reliably land but that's part of the fun and I was quite safe tanking. It landed on the third try I think it was an immuno-break message but it did last a while.

A RDM would find it easier to land, could well be around a 50-70% stick rate for a RDM in capped gear now making it a worthwhile cast. But to say your mages are crap if they couldn't land silence and reliably (otherwise what would be the point) at 75 on Suzy is an outlandish statement.

Oh and it's "were terrible" not "where terrible".


Just to be clear, even a WHM can LAND silence, making it land unresisted and full duration is a different thing altogether.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Offline
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Ihina
Posts: 3187
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-09-30 22:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I remember landing silence a couple times, but I also remember silence being resisted most of the time even with ES.
First Page 2 3 4
Log in to post.