Forum » FFXIV » Phoenix » Fate Farming 'FF' - Phoenix Server
Fate Farming 'FF' - Phoenix Server
 Phoenix.Redmaiden
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Redmaiden
By Phoenix.Redmaiden 2013-09-06 07:00:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay folks, here’s my idea that I hope will benefit all gamers on Phoenix and can be adopted by other servers for a fun and exciting way to level up your second, third, fourth….. ‘Battlecraft’ job.

So currently you create a character and the chances are that you will be following the story quest line and completing the appropriate level quest along the way in order to attain that all desirable level 50. The problem is that once you have done this once, you are left with very few quest in which to level up your next ‘Battelcraft’ job and are forced to resort to Leve Ques, Dungeons and/or Fates.

Currently I often see numerous people advertising or shouting for a spot within an 8 player fate farming party within the various different zones. However this could be so much useful if there were a system similar to the duty finder in order for people to join a ‘Fate Farming’ group.

From personal experience ‘Fate Farming’ is a great source of EXP and can often outdo quest on an EXP/hr basis. So here is my solution/suggestions to maximising the potential to ‘Fate Farming’

The use of a general (invitation to all) Linkshell.

Currently there is a limitation to a Linkshell that only permits 128 people in the shell at any one time, thus there will have to be certain generic rules implemented that would allow this idea to be effective and efficient.

The benefits to this idea is that; you could use the Linkshell within any zone in game, to seek and identify any current ‘Fate Farming’ parties that are ongoing, request to join those parties or advertise any vacancy within your parties, to anyone who is in the Linkshell and not just the current zone. With the use of the in game Fate level sync option, this can become highly effective if for example your level 45 and there are no fate farms in you level appropriate area, but is say for example in the level 35-ish area

RULES

Providing that these rules are implied and upheld I belived this player built system could be of great benefit to all.

Rule 1 – You enter the LS and seek you Fate farming party. Once you have got one you leave the LS, unless you are a PT leader.

Rule 2 – Leaders of a Fate group are to remain in the LS to advertise and invite those seeking.

Rule 3 – Speak only English or by the use of the in game {auto translate function} to help increase smoother/faster invites and thus prevent the shell from reaching maximum capacity.

I hope you guys like this idea and if there is anything I am overlooking then I’ll appreciate any constructive replies.

Anyways; I will be advertising this idea and LS in game tonight after I have finished work, and hope it is an idea that is liked and used. The name of the LS is Fate Farming ‘FF’ and is open to all.

Anyone seeking an immediate invite when I login, please leave a reply.

P.S – This is also a great way to increase you Grand Company seal farming :-)
 Bismarck.Nesumi
Server: Bismarck
user: Homa
By Bismarck.Nesumi 2013-09-06 18:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Fate farming party sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure about the linkshell and other things you suggested though. Sounded too complicated. Can just shout for fate farming and go do it?
[+]
Game: FFXIV
By Dalmonn Highwind 2013-09-09 09:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nesumi said: »
Fate farming party sounds like a good idea, I'm not sure about the linkshell and other things you suggested though. Sounded too complicated. Can just shout for fate farming and go do it?

I usually get an invite within 10 seconds of shouting, but I rarely FATE farm xD
I feel like it cheapens things D:
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2013-09-09 12:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fates arent worth my time. I get enough seals from crafting, and I also get more materials when I solo for exp. This is someone who also has all crafts 20-30. Not doing Fate's all ensures that I ll have little to no worries about dying and having to worry about a raise later on.

Either or, decent idea if Fates are your thing. Id still much prefer to bring old EXP parties back. Im on Phoenix EU also, btw.
[+]
Server: Sargatanas
Game: FFXIV
user: Ravant
By Ravant Lehnsherr 2013-09-09 12:27:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Wackatramp said: »
Fates arent worth my time. I get enough seals from crafting, and I also get more materials when I solo for exp. This is someone who also has all crafts 20-30. Not doing Fate's all ensures that I ll have little to no worries about dying and having to worry about a raise later on.

Either or, decent idea if Fates are your thing. Id still much prefer to bring old EXP parties back. Im on Phoenix EU also, btw.

While it's still possible to level without fates, it's by far the fastest way. Took me ~2 weeks give or take to level DRG from beta 4 to 50 doing quests and story quests and fates as I progressed (also leveled subs for PUG and MRD taking about 3 hrs each to 15).
Also dealt with minor login problems for a couple hours twice.

The day after I dinged 50 I started leveling MRD/WAR through only fates. ~4 days later I'll ding 50 probably 2 hours after starting fates today.
[+]