Forum » FFXIV » Cactuar » [Cactuar] Free Company LFM. Daily players Age 18+
[Cactuar] Free Company LFM. Daily players Age 18+
 Quetzalcoatl.Anabella
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Kiono
By Quetzalcoatl.Anabella 2013-08-12 18:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking forward to Final Fantasy XIV for close to 7 years now. 1.0 was probably the biggest dissapointment of my gaming career. As I made plans to come play ARR, It became clear that our starting group was too large to try to find a group we could all join. We've decided to launch our own LS/FC.

Our group will be forming a Free Company as soon as the game allows it, and we're currently looking for players similar to us to game with. Our initial group is roughly 10 members, and all of us are over the age of 20. In addition, we've all been online gaming for 10+ years. I personally spent nearly 8 years playing
FFXI, where I ran a couple different linkshells on a couple different servers. I was also an officer in a couple other linkshells. I spent a litle over a year playing WoW pre-expansions, where I was the priest officer in a raiding guild that cleared through AQ40. Leadership roles come naturally to me and I look forward
to running a long-term Free Company on FFXIV.

The focus of our FC will be endgame. Obviously on a fresh server, this cannot occur immediately, so we will initially just be recruiting as a social, and as we hit cap, we will start moving into endgame content. We're looking for players over the age of 18, who's average day in life involves playing games for at least a couple of hours. We do not have a mandatory playtime requirement, but we are looking for active players, so keep this in mind. We're waiting on announcing a name for our Free Company, as there is no guarantee that we will get it until it's registered. It will probably be Moogle themed. We will have a forum and a Ventrilo server.

Event times are not set in stone, however they will be running on CST/EST time. Start time will be roughly 6:30pm CST / 7:30 PM EST. This time may change slightly as we learn more about the event lengths and how they function, and there could be many other times in addition to this.

A few basic rules we've laid out so far, although some will only be relevant as we get to the endgame stage:

1. Forum use will be mandatory once we start endgame. It will be used for event signups, voting on new members, and various other things
2. Must be 18 years of age or older to join. We're all in our 20's and don't want to babysit. Some exceptions may be made for RL friends, or individual who prove more mature than you'd expect.
3. Mandatory voice chat for events. Currently using Ventrilo. You don't have to talk, but you must be able to listen.
4. No public drama/bashing. We're looking for a group of adults, and getting into shout wars over petty things is just an embarassment to the community we're trying to build.
Note: More rules to be added in the coming couple weeks, however I wanted to outline a few basic ones to give you an idea of who we are and what we expect.

If a Free Company like this sounds like something you or your group of friends are looking for, feel free to contact me through PM on here, email me at mooglefc@gmail.com, or leave a post.
[+]
By Dinarii 2013-08-13 07:06:52
Link | Quote | Reply

As a member of this group, i'd like to say hello to any and all interested in joining with us. I have been with the group for quite a few years now, have played FFXI, some WoW, and some other MMOs along the way. We are a pretty fun group, we always have someone online at all times, and are really hoping to make some new friends in FFXIV. We tend to have a good time while doing events and end game and some things are just downright crazy. I'm hoping to meet some new faces and have a similar experience that i had in FFXI while enjoying the story, and the everything that goes along with it.

Hope to see some of you there!
Din