[Dev] ARR Beta Test Software (PlayStation 3)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » News » [Dev] ARR Beta Test Software (PlayStation 3)
[Dev] ARR Beta Test Software (PlayStation 3)
VIP
By Kalila 2013-08-11 13:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Download and Install the FFXIV: ARR Beta Test Software (PlayStation 3)
by aqueliaAug 11, 2013

*Updated on August 9, 2013
This thread explains how to download and install the test client (PlayStation 3 version).
Important Notice: Read Before Entering the Code

1. Please note that you may only participate in the beta test using the Sony Entertainment Network account to which this promotion code is applied.

2. To participate in the beta test, you must first link your Sony Entertainment Network account to your Square Enix account. Please be advised that linking a Square Enix account to a Sony Entertainment Network account is an irreversible process.

3. In order to carry character data used in Beta Test phase 4 to the official release version, you will have to link your Square Enix Account and Sony Entertainment Network account

4. Please be advised that once accounts have been linked it cannot be reversed even after official service for the game begins. Please be sure to read the onscreen instructions carefully.

• FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version)For those who have been asked to participate in the Beta test by using PlayStation 3, please follow the instruction to enter the promotion code that has been sent via email and download the test client (PlayStation 3 version).

• How to download from PlayStation®Store
      1. Select “PlayStation®Store” icon located under “PlayStation®Network” category on XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).

*If you are not signed in to PlayStation Network, you will be prompted to do so. Please sign in with the account you wish to use for the beta test.
      2. Select “Redeem Codes” at the bottom of the PlayStation®Store screen menu and enter the promotion code.
      3. Follow the onscreen instructions to download the client. Once the download is complete, the game will be installed automatically.

• How to download from Account Management
      1. Log in to PlayStation Network.

* Sign in to the PlayStation®Store with the Sony Entertainment Network you wish to use for the Beta Test.
      2. Select “Account Management” icon located under “PlayStation®Network” category on XMB™ (XrossMediaBar).
      3. Select “Redeem Codes” and enter the promotion code.
      4. Follow the on-screen instructions and move on with the test client download process. Once the download is complete, the game data will be automatically installed.

If you select “Download in Background,” you will return to XMB™. By selecting “FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta version)” icon located under “Game” category, the test client installation will begin. The installation will take several minutes to complete.
    * Promotion code can be redeemed once.

* If the test client download could not be completed, please try again from “Download List” under “Transaction Management” on “Account Management.”

• Launching the Game* A maintenance message will be displayed until August 15, 2013 when launching the game.

1. Starting the game

Select FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version) on the XrossMediaBar.* If you are not signed in to PlayStation Network, you will be prompted to do so. Please sign in using the account with which you downloaded the beta test client.

* Please note you must sign in with the account used to register the promotion code in order to participate in the beta test.

2. Launcher Application Version Check and Update

The game will first check to see if the launcher application is up to date. The necessary data will then be downloaded from the network and the launcher will be updated to the latest version. This process may take several minutes to complete. Once the most recent version has been downloaded, the launcher will begin automatically.

3. License Agreement (Once Only)

When starting the game for the first time, the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Tester Agreement will be displayed. Read the agreement carefully. If you wish to proceed, check the box for “I accept the terms of the license agreement” then click Next.

4. Gameplay Procedures (Once Only)

When starting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version) for the first time, you will be prompted to link your Sony Entertainment account. Please enter the Square Enix account ID to be used for the beta test, which will also be linked to your Sony Entertainment Network account. Please be advised that linking a Square Enix account to a Sony Entertainment Network account is an irreversible process.
      • Please note that you may only participate in the beta test using the Sony Entertainment Network account to which this promotion code is applied.
      • To participate in the beta test, you must first link your Sony Entertainment Network account to your Square Enix account. Please be advised that linking a Square Enix account to a Sony Entertainment Network account is an irreversible process.
      • In order to carry character data used in Beta Test phase 4 to the official release version, you will have to link your Square Enix Account and Sony Entertainment Network account
      • Please be advised that once accounts have been linked it cannot be reversed even after official service for the game begins. Please be sure to read the onscreen instructions carefully.
    5. Game Client Version Check

The game will first check to see if the game client is up to date. The necessary data will then be downloaded from the network and the client will be updated to the latest version.

For details on how to log into the software, control the game, etc. please refer to the instruction manual that will be released in the coming days.
[+]
 Fenrir.Viskral
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-11 18:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorta confused. If you was in phase 3 you wanna download from account management yes? The promotion code will be the old code from before or it's a code that hasn't been sent out yet?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
Server: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-11 19:02:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe that would just download the Phase 3 client again.
 Fenrir.Viskral
Server: Fenrir
user: Viskral
By Fenrir.Viskral 2013-08-11 19:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh! So for ps3 we don't have to download a new client? It's just gonna update the old one?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-11 19:19:33
Link | Quote | Reply

No, downloading from history will simply download the Phase 3 client again, most likely. It was stated that Phase 4 will be a separate client than Phase 3, and it has also been subtly hinted that the Phase 4 client will also be the Early Access client.

EDIT: After rechecking, I can no longer find were I saw them lumped together, so disregard the stricken part.
 Cerberus.Rairom
Server: Cerberus
user: Rairom
By Cerberus.Rairom 2013-08-13 19:06:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Have they started sending out the download codes yet?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2013-08-13 19:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rairom said: »
Soon.
By Kyree 2013-08-13 19:29:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rairom said: »
Yes they have for EU, NA should be showing up in the next 24 hrs according to the dev post.
 Cerberus.Rairom
Server: Cerberus
user: Rairom
By Cerberus.Rairom 2013-08-13 19:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool. Thanks. Was getting a bit nervous since its just two days till beta. I need mah fix.
By Quiznor 2013-08-13 23:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I just woke up a few mins ago with my phase 4 psn code email.

EU~
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2013-08-14 00:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Still haven't received mine yet. >_>a
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-08-14 02:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kojo said: »
EDIT: After rechecking, I can no longer find were I saw them lumped together, so disregard the stricken part.

If it helps, I just went getting the P4 client and saw this underneath it.

Quote:
* This software can be used for Beta Test phase 4 (Final Beta), early access, and the official release once the game has launched.
[+]
 Shiva.Eldelphia
Server: Shiva
user: eldelphia
By Shiva.Eldelphia 2013-08-15 05:11:45
Link | Quote | Reply

A friend of mine is getting worried about how to do this. I got her phase 3 beta + download codes from a giveaway and she used them to install and download phase 3. I don't have a PS3 and am struggling to help here.

Would she have had to link her SE account to Sony entertainment account to play the phase 3 beta? If not, how does she do it?

Up until late last night I know she hasn't had an email for phase 4 access so I'm worried there's a step she needs to take to get access.

Thanks
By Quiznor 2013-08-15 05:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eldelphia said: »
A friend of mine is getting worried about how to do this. I got her phase 3 beta + download codes from a giveaway and she used them to install and download phase 3. I don't have a PS3 and am struggling to help here.

Would she have had to link her SE account to Sony entertainment account to play the phase 3 beta? If not, how does she do it?

Up until late last night I know she hasn't had an email for phase 4 access so I'm worried there's a step she needs to take to get access.

Thanks

When you turn on the phase 3 beta,it forces you to link your sony account to your SE account,in the client. Iirc phase 3 access doesnt guarentee phase 4 automatic access. Go to the beta sign up site,apply for phase 4 ps3 access. Bingo

Also,phase 4 is open beta so iirc no one gets denied,but if you were a phase 3 onry player,i think you just have to reapply as a formality and because SE policies are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-08-16 15:52:38
Link | Quote | Reply

So I got a PS3 code. I don't own a PS3, but I have a friend that might let me use his for the weekend. I've got my PC code ready to go, and I was hoping my wife could play on the PS3. Is there going to be an issue with this in the future after I've given the PS3 back?

I'm ASSUMING that I could just start a new PSN ID and use a new SE ID whenever I purchase the full game, but I don't want to be wrong.