Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » gear suggestions
gear suggestions
 Hades.Agilo
Server: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-07-12 18:01:27
Link | Quote | Reply

i currently have a 70BLM and will probly beat maat soon and get to 75, was wondering about what gear i should get that is buyable(non rare/ex gear) til i can get the rare/ex stuff? all i know is im probly gonna get a demon helm and an igqira weskit.

right now i have a kinda cheap setup-
Weapon- elemental staves
ammo- morion tathlum
body- black cloak
hands- wizard gloves
rings- genius ring and mana ring
earring- moldavite earring
legs- wizard's (pants?)not sure of the real name, the AF
feet- wizard's sabots
waist- qiqirn sash
back- red cape+1
 Hades.Triet
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-07-12 18:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

neckpiece? assuming philomath's stole or w/e(INT+3)?
 Hades.Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-07-12 18:08:13
Link | Quote | Reply

oh yeah, i have a mohbwa scarf too haha. forgot that
 Hades.Triet
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2009-07-12 18:17:49
Link | Quote | Reply

*Wizard's Tonban. :D
Hmm, not sure how much you want to spend but maybe:

ammo: Phantom tathlum
ring2: genius ring
neck: philomath stole
waist: mages rse belt

also for the legs/feet you could get that armor from Windy [S] that adds MAB+
Cobra Unit trews
Cobra Unit crackows

if you need MP just just use food.

EDIT: Oop, lol thought you meant gear for maat fight xD ignore me!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-07-12 18:20:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Agilo said:
i currently have a 70BLM and will probly beat maat soon and get to 75, was wondering about what gear i should get that is buyable(non rare/ex gear) til i can get the rare/ex stuff? all i know is im probly gonna get a demon helm and an igqira weskit.

right now i have a kinda cheap setup-
Weapon- elemental staves
ammo- morion tathlum
body- black cloak
hands- wizard gloves
rings- genius ring and mana ring
earring- moldavite earring
legs- wizard's (pants?)not sure of the real name, the AF
feet- wizard's sabots
waist- qiqirn sash
back- red cape+1

If you don't already, start making equip macros. Now, for buyable gear...

Igqira/Genie Tiara, Lappas, and Weskit. Huaraches are nice if you can get the shell to craft it. Skip the Manillas.

Errant body, hands, legs. Hands are situational for nukes vs Wizard's Gloves, learn what mobs resist your nukes and which don't. Head and feet if you need the MND for Stoneskin, 115 MND to cap with capped Enhancing. Keep the Black Cloak to idle in.

Rainbow/Prism Cape, Demon Helm, ditch the Mana Ring for an INT ring. MP gear goes in resting/idle set and buff set only. Penitent's Rope, keep the sash for resting til +1 or replace with Hierarch Belt. Grandiose Chain or w/e to rest in. Elemental, Spider/Enfeebling, and Dark Torques to cast the appropriate spells in. Philomath Stole is ok in the meantime. INT earring next to that Moldavite, rest in Antivenom. Bugard Strap +1, Phantom Tathlum. If you're Hume/Galka/Elvaan, wear your RSE boots until you get Yigit Crackows and Goliard Clogs.

Since this is your highest job I'll assume you don't have Campaign gear, skip it as you'll replace it soon. The exception to this would be Cobra Crackows to nuke in until you get Yigit if you're not Hume, Elvaan, or Galka. I don't know if Mithra/Taru RSE2 boots give INT, think Mithra do.

BLM is very gear intensive, lots of sets to make if you're serious about playing the job well. Good luck, it was my first job as well.

INT food > MP food, excepting food that gives both. Melon Pie (+1) and Cream Puff are your friends. Pie gives INT and MP, Puffs are INT only.

Sorry for this being so long and random, I'm just putting out gear as I think of it.

EDIT: One last and very important thing. Go for all NQ gear to save gil until you get the HQ staves. Nothing else is as powerful or important as your HQ staves. Get Aquilo's, Jupiter's, and Pluto's first, then the others in any order. You don't need Apollo's over NQ unless you're completionist or have a job that needs it (BRD, WHM, BST).
[+]
 Hades.Agilo
By Hades.Agilo 2009-07-12 19:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

awesome thx a lot. got a lot of farming/crafting to do now lol but want the best so its worth it :)
 Carbuncle.Kyri
Server: Carbuncle
user: Kyri
By Carbuncle.Kyri 2009-07-12 19:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

ele torque is huggee helps soo much on maat.
cap dark, ele and enf magic, trust me and go on darksday, sleep is less likely to be resisited