Gravity II + Saboteur?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Gravity II + Saboteur?
Gravity II + Saboteur?
By Ophannus 2013-07-25 11:43:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We know Gravity II gives - 40 evasion, but is it known if AF3+2 Body gives a 10% bonus to it? Saboteur doubles potency of debuffs but it would be nice to know if makes Gravity II inflict -80 Evasion. Together with Saboteur+AF3 Hands+AF3 Body+U.Boots, is it possible that Gravity II can inflict ~90ish Evasion Down? Anyone want to test this? ES+Gravity II on Muyingwa for -90ish Evasion could be pretty sweet and potentially the kind of thing that would make RDM even more useful for new content.

Also can you Windshot it for even more -Evasion?
By failacious 2013-07-25 16:02:49
Link | Quote | Reply

You should be bringing a rdm regardless for Muyingwa simply for the fact that you'll need to CS Stun the scorpion.

Rdm is also great in the mage party as you can refresh the geos and help cure inside geo. They also can assist in pulling off the pld or prepping matamata on Tojil runs. We always take one.

On topic: No idea about the answer though XD
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2013-07-25 16:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I will say that even with ES, Muyingwa can resist Gravity, so I wouldn't necessarily waste ES for something like that. You're better off saving ES for Impact in my opinion
By Ophannus 2013-07-25 19:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I already know RDM is invaluable but just saying Grav II has potential.
 Bahamut.Bizarro
Server: Bahamut
user: bizarro
By Bahamut.Bizarro 2013-07-25 19:53:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Also can you Windshot it for even more -Evasion?

We had a discussion about something along these lines a couple days ago. The agreement was that shots give a bonus to potency of the enfeeb and nothing else.

In this instance the question then becomes does it increase the movement down or the evasion? Blind > dark shot = lower acc, paralyze > ice shot = frequent para effect, slow > earth shot = a greater slow %. Each has ONE effect when cast.

So the question then becomes if it isn't the evasion then why would in increase the weight effect? (silly SE logic of course that's why!)
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
Server: Cerberus
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 20:17:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other, although it probably is. Light/Dark shots increase both the Def/Att down and the dot damage.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2013-07-25 20:28:17
Link | Quote | Reply

-40 evasion really isn't all that much.

but afaik the -eva is static on gravity spells

only confirmation i've read is that saboteur did not work on gravtiy though that may have been due to a glitch.
By Ophannus 2013-07-25 22:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

2 acc= 1 % hit rate
So 40 acc = 20% hit rate up no?
 Cerberus.Natsuhiko
user: Natsuhiko
By Cerberus.Natsuhiko 2013-07-25 22:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There was a glitch that broke Gravity under Saboteur at one point (it had no movement- even if it stuck)
 Fenrir.Ellatrix
Server: Fenrir
user: Ellatrix
By Fenrir.Ellatrix 2013-07-26 02:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »

only confirmation i've read is that saboteur did not work on gravtiy though that may have been due to a glitch.
If you think -40 eva isn't all that much when your melee are at 80~85% acc you.. have little concept on how ffxi math works.

ES Grav resists on Muyingwa anyway. Sticks fine without ES on the others.
 Fenrir.Sigfreid
Server: Fenrir
user: Sigfreid
By Fenrir.Sigfreid 2013-07-26 05:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Ellatrix said: »
Cerberus.Eugene said: »

If you think -40 eva isn't all that much when your melee are at 80~85% acc you.. have little concept on how ffxi math works.

ES Grav resists on Muyingwa anyway. Sticks fine without ES on the others.
To further expand on this, I just played about with Motenten's DPS spreadsheet (MNK), set a MNK with 79% accuracy on Tojil (lvl 130, Eva 900), with the -40 evasion from Gravity on, the accuracy was hitting the 95% cap.

Then I played with it some more and adjusted it til it was at 93% accuracy with gravity on, by removing the Gravity adjustment, accuracy dropped to 73%, all this is dependent on if the NMs evasion is 900 and the Evasion down from Gravity is -40, but if it is the case, then Gravity is roughly worth about 20% more accuracy on the NM for your DDs.

Hope this helps :)
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-07-26 05:41:12
Link | Quote | Reply

This is an 11 year old game. We've all known since forever that -40evasion is +20% hit rate.

And you're still painfully wrong for thinking -40evasion isn't much.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-26 06:15:10
Link | Quote | Reply

^

The only time -40 evasion would'nt be much, is if you're already way below the floor and the -40 evasion still would'nt bring you up above it.
By Ophannus 2013-07-26 11:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So worth testing to see if Saboteur or AF3 body enhances the -Evasion then!
By Ophannus 2013-07-26 16:34:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tested it on a level 104 Qohanyk in Morimar.

I checked it with 450ish accuracy and it conned high evasion, casted Gravity II, stilled conned high evasion, activated composure, the high evasion message disappeared. After it wore, i casted saboteur gravity II and it still conned high evasion.

-40 evasion made it con high evasion still
-40 evasion with +10 acc removed the high evasion con

Saboteur with grav II, if it gave more than -50 evasion would have erased the 'high evasion' message but it didn't. So it looks like Saboteur only enhances the duration and possibly the potency of the -movement speed, but definitely doesn't enhance the -evasion. I'm assuming the AF3 body simply adds 1.10x to whatever the -movement speed is of grav2. Sabo+Grav II had huge potential for RDM but alas. In any case Grav II is still very, very good anyway since it stacks with GEO -evas.