Silly Question.. Ele Breath Magic Damage?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Silly question.. Ele breath magic damage?
Silly question.. Ele breath magic damage?
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2013-07-12 03:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing ffxi, dragoon, on and off for 10 years now. I know that wyvern elemental breath can magic burst, but here is the big question...

Will it cause the t3 Perdurable Raptor to rage in delve?

I brought this up in my LS a bit ago and they all said no... That breath damage is different. That seemed to be the concensus. Now my argument was that it could magic burst and even though it was not affected by a monsters magic defense bonus.. It must have magic properties. Everyone seemed to be on board with it being different.

So tonight I joined a morimar megaboss run as drg. We pulled the raptor first. Everything was going well.. Then at about 15 percent it started raging.. Using its insane triple attack and such. One member of the alliance blew up on me saying that my wyvern caused it to rage. Many more of course joined in. However.. Afterwards the alliance leader was very adamant about the fact that my wyvern a breath did not cause it to rage, that we died due to other reasons.

The real problem... No one seems to know for sure and I can't find any testing on the Internet. It would be nice to have a clear and definitive answer to this.

Is ele breath magic based damage and will it cause the Perdurable raptor to rage in morimar?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Server: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-07-12 04:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not something I can absolutely confirm, but I do believe it's any magic damage, breaths included.

I can't see any reason why they would be excluded when every other type of magic in the game activates it's freak out mode.
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
Server: Carbuncle
user: JSbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2013-07-12 05:29:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Wyvern breaths DO make Raptor rage. Same deal for Skillchain damage. (as Shijin > Reso makes Light SC and is the other main reason of angry Raptor)

We experimented on outside Raptor back when Delve was launched, and adding a DRG made all attempts a deathfest. He stopped WSing at all, and all went smoothly again.
 Asura.Reichleiu
Server: Asura
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2013-07-12 14:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ya. That's originally what I thought but I let other people convince me otherwise. Now... No more wyverns on the raptor for anybody who joins my run, myself included.