2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » New jug pets
New jug pets
First Page 2 3
By taye 2013-07-08 17:26:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Im to cheap to actually do the testing, are any of the new jug pets worth getting?
 Bahamut.Darkone
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-07-08 18:12:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to test them out, but none at AH, and I am out of plasm for the crab.
 Siren.Novadragon
Server: Siren
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-08 18:13:57
Link | Quote | Reply

How much they cost for Plasm? I could give them a go if they're cheap.

Edit: In update atm.
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-07-08 18:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I think only the crab comes from plasm and it's 2k
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-08 18:16:13
Link | Quote | Reply

In about 2hrs+ if no one posted a SS. I'll pick up one and test it out, will put a SS of what it looks like.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-07-08 18:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Novadragon said: »
In about 2hrs+ if no one posted a SS. I'll pick up one and test it out, will put a SS of what it looks like.
Or ya know... look at the update note page.Shows all 3.
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-07-08 18:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

fight some of those mandragora's in Ceizak Battlegrounds, let us know what kind of damage per hit you are getting and make sure to have the delve axe equipt when you do it.
 Siren.Novadragon
By Siren.Novadragon 2013-07-08 18:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Darkone said: »
fight some of those mandragora's in Ceizak Battlegrounds, let us know what kind of damage per hit you are getting and make sure to have the delve axe equipt when you do it.

I can't go that far to have a Delve Axe. Plasm shouts I'm having no luck on this server, missing a lot of them just to get in one. I will provide some damage but, I will just let it fight on it's own.
 Bahamut.Darkone
By Bahamut.Darkone 2013-07-08 18:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

from here
http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/116844-New-Recipes-7-8-13-Version-Update

Turbid Broth, Veteran:
3x san d'orian carriots
1x verboshroom
1x water crystal

shimmering broth, veteran:
4x ruddy seema
1x water crystal

spicy broth, veteran:
2x mandragora sprouts
1x slice of giant sheep meat
1 head of isleracea
1x water crystal
[+]
 Asura.Melbufrauma
Server: Asura
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2013-07-08 18:54:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried out the crab. It's not very impressive. Falcorr still seems to be king for now as I have not seen/tested the other 3 jug pets. (And yes I was using Brethren Axe, Anwig/Mirke, Moepapa stone still unfortunatly and Sabong earring) Crab died to a Mantis w/7% left on Mantis, Falcorr took out Mantis with 56% hp leftover
 Lakshmi.Sothis
Server: Lakshmi
user: Nivys
By Lakshmi.Sothis 2013-07-11 18:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Shimmering Broth calls Sunburst Malfik, another crab. I haven't tested it myself, but from what I understand it's weaker than the plasm crab... which is already weaker than most of our old jugs.

Very disappointing.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-11 22:04:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know what ya'll are on about, maybe ya'll aren't doing something right. But, I've been using the piss out of Shimmering Broth and he is pretty kickass.

I went into Abyssea - Altepa earlier today and killed 4 Ironclad Smiters using my normal 3 atma's (RR/DG/MC) and used a grand total of 1 crab and 3 Theta's. When I kill with Falcor using the same setup, I use 4-5 Theta's per Smiter. I've been playing around a lot with the crab and he seems to be doing very wellm including damage output.

Another thing the crab has going for it is his Bubble Shower. A full AoE around the crab is extremely useful for group pulls and getting them all on your pet.

I utilize 5/5 Beast Affinity merits with Relic Hands +2 augmented when I Call Beast. Then pop Familiar with Relic Pants +2 augmented on for the extra 10% haste. During smiter, the only pet boosting equipment I used was an offhand pdt Astolfo, Sabong Earring, Ferine Neck, Moepapa Stone, Ferine Quijotes +2 (Stout Servant) and Oneiros Cappa. I do not have Anwig or Merke. I also have a Rank 15 Brethren Axe in my mainhand.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-07-11 22:11:57
Link | Quote | Reply

No one find Mandragora sprouts yet? To make the cricket pet.
By nyheen 2013-07-12 00:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sthrnrebel said: »
I don't know what ya'll are on about, maybe ya'll aren't doing something right. But, I've been using the piss out of Shimmering Broth and he is pretty kickass.

I went into Abyssea - Altepa earlier today and killed 4 Ironclad Smiters using my normal 3 atma's (RR/DG/MC) and used a grand total of 1 crab and 3 Theta's. When I kill with Falcor using the same setup, I use 4-5 Theta's per Smiter. I've been playing around a lot with the crab and he seems to be doing very wellm including damage output.

Another thing the crab has going for it is his Bubble Shower. A full AoE around the crab is extremely useful for group pulls and getting them all on your pet.

I utilize 5/5 Beast Affinity merits with Relic Hands +2 augmented when I Call Beast. Then pop Familiar with Relic Pants +2 augmented on for the extra 10% haste. During smiter, the only pet boosting equipment I used was an offhand pdt Astolfo, Sabong Earring, Ferine Neck, Moepapa Stone, Ferine Quijotes +2 (Stout Servant) and Oneiros Cappa. I do not have Anwig or Merke. I also have a Rank 15 Brethren Axe in my mainhand.

dont know if you being sarcastic or not but so far none of these new pets is good, especially that crab that cost me 2k plasma. he should be stronger then the others but turn out to be weak><. seeing how powerful the alternator & Dashavatara Sash are, it was a kick to the nut.
 Valefor.Omnys
Server: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-07-12 00:26:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't touched bst in months, besides one PITA reive, but are all the people downplaying the new jugs possessing high ilvl weapons?

Pet level matters so much, far more than it should.

My friend finished his aegis and while doing beaucedine trials, my falcorr consistently took less magic damage than his aegis pld, because, for pets, higher level than the target, especially non-nm targets, is a primary consideration in how often the pet resists.

Its why so many bst pets will resist magic and side-effects of tp moves that players rarely will.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-12 01:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

nyheen said: »

dont know if you being sarcastic or not but so far none of these new pets is good, especially that crab that cost me 2k plasma. he should be stronger then the others but turn out to be weak><. seeing how powerful the alternator & Dashavatara Sash are, it was a kick to the nut.

Nope, I am being 100% serious. Hence the post. I tried the Plasm crab one time and I agree, it's not worth the 2k plasm. Rather use the shimmering broth over it, but so far, the shimmering broth has proven very good to me. As with all BST pets, it's also about knowing when to use what pet that makes a big differece. Also, I do wonder if all these people saying the new jugs suck are even utilizing Beast Affinity/Relic Hands+2 Augment/113+ weapon. If you aren't using ALL 3, then you shouldn't be claiming the jugs suck. You aren't playing the job right.
[+]
 Siren.Attaxia
user: Attaxia
By Siren.Attaxia 2013-07-12 01:31:32
Link | Quote | Reply

New heightened pet level cap is the real upgrade, the new pets are just additional pet choices.
Also, I do wonder if all these people saying the new jugs suck are even utilizing Beast Affinity/Relic Hands+2 Augment/113+ weapon
This. If you don't have all of the above your Jugs are going to suck and it's not worth testing anything.
[+]
By nyheen 2013-07-12 02:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

quote from people testing it.

Mavrickx said: »
Shiva.Cziella said: »
I keep hearing ppl say the new jugs suck, but were those jugs called with a mainhand axe higher than lvl 99? (113 with plasm axe) Maybe it's really obvious but no one has said anything other than "new jugs suck"

Well I have tried 3/4 of the new jugs and yes... they do suck... compared to your other jugs...

Here are my observations.

All pets that would naturally cap over 99 will benefit from Main hand weapons with the "Item Level" text. So lizard, Slug, Tiger would have their attributes increased while Sheep would not. (Even though SE said it was possible). Its easy to tell if your pet attributes are being boosted by main had weapon by check for changes in HP.

For example, If you call tiger pet with a lv 99 Axe equipped and change to something like Brethren Axe (Item Lv 113), you'll notice that your pet's HP drops from 100% to 99% because brethren axe caused their Max HP to raise. You can also tell in battle, as the damage increase is quite noticeable. A pet like Sheep however does not benefit from Brethren Axe since they presumably cap out at about level ~96 with full BA merits.

With Brethren Axe equipped, Tiger jug was hitting T monsters in jungle for 200~270, and criticals were 350~500. He also had notable evasion. I'm guessing Brethren Axe effectively made tiger (and all other applicable jugs) level 113 which is okay I guess but no where near as big a boost in performance as PUP's Alternator. I would assume that the Axe from Bee boss (Item Level 119) would cause pets to gain attributes equivalent to a lv 119 pet.

Damage scales down notably on IT monsters from the new zones but pets are still strong enough to hold hate and maintain a consistent hit rate.

Now the new jug pets.
2 of them are crabs... they have the same useless abilities... CC is slightly stronger but no way is he worth 24,000 #$%^ing paslm per stack... He is good at tanking, but we already have so many water based tanking pets that are cheaper and have better abilities/traits.... IE Leech, Slug, Adamantoise. I don't see the point in these Crab jugs at all.

The New Rabbit pet (Brown Rabbit) is not horrible, but as a DD pet he still falls behind Tiger effectively making him useless as he they are both Beast type and rabbit is lacking Wild Carrot.

On a more depressing note...
While Slug and Lizard pets do benefit from Brethren Axe, they still cannot consistently land their debuffs on Delve NMs.

other words the new pets still suck even with the buffs. :(
 Asura.Daemonarch
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-07-12 03:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sothis said: »
Shimmering Broth calls Sunburst Malfik, another crab. I haven't tested it myself, but from what I understand it's weaker than the plasm crab... which is already weaker than most of our old jugs.

Very disappointing.
Idk what your talking about man .... The new jugs are a rabbit, crab and grasshopper. I think the plasm crab is just a little stronger than the crafted one.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-12 08:51:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I keep hearing ppl say the new jugs suck, but were those jugs called with a mainhand axe higher than lvl 99? (113 with plasm axe) Maybe it's really obvious but no one has said anything other than "new jugs suck"

Well I have tried 3/4 of the new jugs and yes... they do suck... compared to your other jugs...

All pets that would naturally cap over 99 will benefit from Main hand weapons with the "Item Level" text. So lizard, Slug, Tiger would have their attributes increased while Sheep would not. (Even though SE said it was possible). Its easy to tell if your pet attributes are being boosted by main had weapon by check for changes in HP.

For example, If you call tiger pet with a lv 99 Axe equipped and change to something like Brethren Axe (Item Lv 113), you'll notice that your pet's HP drops from 100% to 99% because brethren axe caused their Max HP to raise. You can also tell in battle, as the damage increase is quite noticeable. A pet like Sheep however does not benefit from Brethren Axe since they presumably cap out at about level ~96 with full BA merits.

With Brethren Axe equipped, Tiger jug was hitting T monsters in jungle for 200~270, and criticals were 350~500. He also had notable evasion. I'm guessing Brethren Axe effectively made tiger (and all other applicable jugs) level 113 which is okay I guess but no where near as big a boost in performance as PUP's Alternator. I would assume that the Axe from Bee boss (Item Level 119) would cause pets to gain attributes equivalent to a lv 119 pet.

Damage scales down notably on IT monsters from the new zones but pets are still strong enough to hold hate and maintain a consistent hit rate.

Now the new jug pets.
2 of them are crabs... they have the same useless abilities... CC is slightly stronger but no way is he worth 24,000 #$%^ing paslm per stack... He is good at tanking, but we already have so many water based tanking pets that are cheaper and have better abilities/traits.... IE Leech, Slug, Adamantoise. I don't see the point in these Crab jugs at all.

The New Rabbit pet (Brown Rabbit) is not horrible, but as a DD pet he still falls behind Tiger effectively making him useless as he they are both Beast type and rabbit is lacking Wild Carrot.

While Slug and Lizard pets do benefit from Brethren Axe, they still cannot consistently land their debuffs on Delve NMs.

In other words, you have 2 people testing and 2 people saying different things. The crab jug does not suck based on my testing and Melbufrauma's post doesn't say anything about utilizing Beast Affinity or Relic Hands+2, only the Brethren Axe. So your quote is completely useless in this conversation.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-12 09:19:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Crap looks like I have to change my mules merits again lol....
 Asura.Daemonarch
By Asura.Daemonarch 2013-07-12 09:46:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sprouts......WHERE????
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-12 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

In better news, ilvl 115 Falcorr is awesome in salvage II, damage has gone from mediocre 100-115, with 250sh crits and 300 dmg TP moves to about 230-250 regular hits up to 400 on crits and TP moves average 500-1k @ ilvl 115, it also went from Spaming 7 to stack of food per HQ boss fight to only using 3 the whole fight (Only got it down to 8% thanks to the untimely emergency maint) but not only does it hits harder, but his evasion got a big boost versus Salvage HQ bosses.

Made it to HQ boss in 65minutes as BST/DNC and haste from a mule. Both characters are mules so I just used them to farm plans and would go out since bosses were a always a big gamble, and most of the time BST+Pet weren't enough damage to kill the Chariot in ARII to pop NQ Khim/HQ Khim.
[+]
By Felgarr 2013-07-12 14:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

In better news, ilvl 115 Falcorr is awesome in salvage II, damage has gone from mediocre 100-115, with 250sh crits and 300 dmg TP moves to about 230-250 regular hits up to 400 on crits and TP moves average 500-1k @ ilvl 115, it also went from Spaming 7-12 stack of food per HQ boss fight to only using 3 the whole fight (Only got it down to 8% thanks to the untimely emergency maint) but not only does it hits harder, but his evasion got a big boost versus Salvage HQ bosses.

Made it to HQ boss in 65minutes as BST/DNC and haste from a mule. Both characters are mules so I just used them to farm plans and would go out since bosses were a always a big gamble, and most of the time BST+Pet weren't enough damage to kill the Chariot in ARII to pop NQ Khim/HQ Khim.

Thank you for posting your findings! Can you tell me what items you used to make your FF LV115? Main/sub weapons? AF2+2? Beast Affinity merits? Thank you!
 Asura.Melbufrauma
By Asura.Melbufrauma 2013-07-12 14:59:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Now the new jug pets.

In other words, you have 2 people testing and 2 people saying different things. The crab jug does not suck based on my testing and Melbufrauma's post doesn't say anything about utilizing Beast Affinity or Relic Hands+2, only the Brethren Axe. So your quote is completely useless in this conversation.
I do have 5/5 Beast Affinity and AF2+2 Hands, Not augmented yet though about 10k xp left
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2013-07-12 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hunahpu main hand, af2+2 hands with augment and 5/5 Beast Affinity merits, let it be noted that as SE said, if you unequip your main weapon your pet will fall back to lvl 99 (and suck lol) but re-equiping your weapon brings it back to the max lvl, I'm not sure if that makes af2+2 augments or beast affinity merits irrelvant, or if the game keeps memory of when the pet was called with what augments besides mainhand iLVL.

From my logs, notice after Torrent used by a merrow (full gear strip) Falcorr's dmg sucks, but once I re-equip it goes back to "normal" or ilvl 115.

[11:43:43]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 231 points of damage.
[11:43:44]Drfupu starts casting Phalanx on Drfupu.
[11:43:44]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 212 points of damage.
[11:43:44]Drfupu uses Accession.
[11:43:44]The Merrow Icedancer misses FaithfulFalcorr.
[11:43:45]The Merrow Icedancer readies Torrent.
[11:43:45]Yalo hits the Merrow Icedancer for 301 points of damage.
[11:43:46]Additional effect: The Merrow Icedancer takes 26 additional points of damage.
[11:43:46]Yalo hits the Merrow Icedancer for 147 points of damage.
[11:43:47]Additional effect: The Merrow Icedancer takes 26 additional points of damage.
[11:43:47]FaithfulFalcorr misses the Merrow Icedancer.
[11:43:47]The Merrow Icedancer uses Torrent.
[11:43:48]Drfupu casts Phalanx.
[11:43:48]Drfupu gains the effect of Phalanx.
[11:43:49]Yalo gains the effect of Phalanx.
[11:43:50]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 105 points of damage.
[11:43:50]Yalo hits the Merrow Icedancer for 1 point of damage.
[11:43:50]BST99/DNC49 TP set
[11:43:50]You were unable to change your equipped items.
[11:43:50]Additional effect: The Merrow Icedancer takes 26 additional points of damage.
[11:43:51]Drfupu uses Sublimation.
[11:43:52]Yalo misses the Merrow Icedancer.
[11:43:53]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 102 points of damage.
[11:43:55]The Merrow Icedancer hits FaithfulFalcorr for 65 points of damage.
[11:43:57]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 101 points of damage.
[11:43:57]Yalo hits the Merrow Icedancer for 217 points of damage.
[11:43:58]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 150 points of damage.
[11:43:59]The Merrow Icedancer misses FaithfulFalcorr.
[11:44:00]Yalo hits the Merrow Icedancer for 285 points of damage.
[11:44:02]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 232 points of damage.
[11:44:03]FaithfulFalcorr hits the Merrow Icedancer for 224 points of damage.
 Asura.Sthrnrebel
By Asura.Sthrnrebel 2013-07-12 16:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cziella, where did you get the Hunahpu axe from?

Edit: Nvm, found it in the other post.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2013-07-15 06:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The Familiars wiki page is now updated with the info and testing from this thread. :)

New Jug Pet level caps are as follows (these are natural caps before Beast Affinity merits):
DroopyDortwin - 103
SunburstMalfik - 104
ScissorlegXerin - 105
HeraldHenry - 113+ (need higher iLvl weapon to see how high he caps)
[+]
First Page 2 3