Friendly Reminder When Looking For RDMs....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Friendly reminder when looking for RDMs....
Friendly reminder when looking for RDMs....
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-07-04 12:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm, Them tests are super old and account for Skill around the 200~ range, While still accurate, It seems like one test shows 1 skill = 0.09~ and another shows 1 skill = 0.005%... But ones from 2008 lol.

Well, I guess its safe to assume 1 in the 200~300 Range 1 skill = 0.9~1.0 according to this: http://robonosto.blogspot.com/2008/12/give-me-data-or-give-me.html

Good enough for me, since M.acc is more difficult to test than acc/atk...
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-04 12:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Aerox said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Have there been any tests to show 1 Skill = 1 Macc, or could it be like Physical Skills where after a certain point its something like 1 Skill = 0.8?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Magic_accuracy There seems to be some testing in the related links below.

The only testing I've seen was regarding elemental magic and it seemed to support 1 skill = .9 Macc > 200 skill. That seems to be the way MOST skills in the game are calculated, so it would be fairly safe to assume enfeebles work the same way. However, the difference rarely changes what pieces are good in what slots and never by a considerable ammount.

Duelist's chappeau +2 is 5MND 18 skill.
1 skill = 1 Macc it has 20.5 Macc
1 skill = .9 Macc is has 18.7 Macc

So if its a choice between a head with a straight 19 Macc, it would make a difference, but with all the variability with base stats and mob stats, it would be tough to put either as the clear cut winner on Macc alone.
[+]
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2013-07-04 12:31:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
Have there been any tests to show 1 Skill = 1 Macc, or could it be like Physical Skills where after a certain point its something like 1 Skill = 0.8?
http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Magic_accuracy There seems to be some testing in the related links below.

The only testing I've seen was regarding elemental magic and it seemed to support 1 skill = .9 Macc > 200 skill. That seems to be the way MOST skills in the game are calculated, so it would be fairly safe to assume enfeebles work the same way. However, the difference rarely changes what pieces are good in what slots and never by a considerable ammount.

Duelist's chappeau +2 is 5MND 18 skill.
1 skill = 1 Macc it has 20.5 Macc
1 skill = .9 Macc is has 18.7 Macc

So if its a choice between a head with a straight 19 Macc, it would make a difference, but with all the variability with base stats and mob stats, it would be tough to put either as the clear cut winner on Macc alone.

So if I look at legs for rdm enfeeb and take 1 skill = .9 macc + 1MND = .5 macc

portent-pants
is 13.5 Macc

adhara-seraweels
is 13.9 Macc

bokwus-slops
at rank 15 is 15 Macc?

and - feas-slops
works out as 15.2 Macc

Yes/no?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-04 12:41:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen the Macc path for Bokwus at R15, but Fea's are top notch for MND enfeebles, Orvail pants being slightly better for INT enfeebles. You really could get by without using Bokwus for Enfeebles, chances are you're carring orvail or portent anyway.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2013-07-04 12:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen the Macc path for Bokwus at R15, but Fea's are top notch for MND enfeebles, Orvail pants being slightly better for INT enfeebles. You really could get by without using Bokwus for Enfeebles, chances are you're carring orvail or portent anyway.

Yeah with 5% fast cast added in it makes getting Fea's pretty interesting since they arn't a lot of work. Also proves the 550 skill req for tojil even more silly.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-04 12:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah with 5% fast cast added in it makes getting Fea's pretty interesting since they arn't a lot of work. Also proves the 550 skill req for tojil even more silly.

Ya the Fea's set in general is pretty amazing for RDM, I completely overlooked it because I was too sexed up over Usukane
 Asura.Voevode
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-04 13:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bokwus slops at rank 15 are 28 Macc for mnd and int enfeebles, being the best option for both.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2013-07-04 14:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voevode said: »
Bokwus slops at rank 15 are 28 Macc for mnd and int enfeebles, being the best option for both.

Ah ok i was reading the MAB path then, cool.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-04 14:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Voevode said: »

That would be a pretty significant jump over the other options then.
 Asura.Voevode
user: voevode
By Asura.Voevode 2013-07-04 14:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah they are a very awesome piece for rdm :p it helps that I don't play blm, since it has a very nice MAB path too.