FFXIV (E3 Day 3) - Arcanist, Summoner And Scholar!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Arcanist » FFXIV (E3 Day 3) - Arcanist, Summoner and Scholar!
FFXIV (E3 Day 3) - Arcanist, Summoner and Scholar!
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-13 16:33:38
Link | Quote | Reply

All information pulled from Square Enix Presents Live E3 2013 Day 3 (June 13).

Scholar:

• Primary pet: Fairy

• Role: Handles Regen and healing over time

• Fairy's role and appearance will change depending on what SCH does

• Only one pet, Fairy sounds an awful like the Wyvern for Dragoon in FFXI-- one pet, but multiple roles

• White Mage will deal the massive heals and Cures, and status effects. Scholar handles healing over time (HoT?) with Regen.

Arcanist:

• Primary pet: Carbuncle

• Role: Massive damage over time and debuffing enemies

• Carbuncle is primarily a damage dealing pet (?)

Summoner:

• Primary pet(s): Eggi Avatars

• Eggi Avatars, from the sounds of it, are the smaller, lesser versions of the Avatar Primes. From the live stream, Eggi Ifrit is a fraction the size of Ifrit Prime.

• Each Eggi Avatar can supposedly carry out specific roles. For example, Eggi Titan was mentioned to be a tank avatar, Ifrit a damage dealing avatar, and so on.

Video - Link

Job classes and job splitting

Apparently each class can be split off into one or two different jobs. It sounds an awful lot like Ragnarok Online's job system. Arcanist, for example, can be split off into Scholar or Summoner. It is unknown whether one can do both jobs since Ragnarok Online only lets you choose one job path (if I remember correctly) as you progress higher and higher in the job tiers.

More info (and corrected info) will be added once I find more.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
Server: Bahamut
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-13 17:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Hnnnnngh
[+]
 Bismarck.Aselin
Server: Bismarck
user: Aselin
By Bismarck.Aselin 2013-06-13 17:49:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you, Mizu, for posting the video! I linked to your post above.
 Phoenix.Tunafests
Server: Phoenix
user: Tunafests
By Phoenix.Tunafests 2013-06-14 23:25:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Must. Have. Fairy.

The job description for SCH sounds incomplete?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-16 09:39:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to add in the E3 live stream he refers to FF12 in which they were called Garuda-Egi. Not eggi or eggie (lol) as I've seen people use. Think of it as "prototype".

Also SCH is going to be doing group aoe hot, basically Regenga (according to the E3 letter).
 Seraph.Koroma
Server: Seraph
user: Koroma
By Seraph.Koroma 2013-06-16 22:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to see this website come back from the dead <3
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-17 13:55:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Just want to add in the E3 live stream he refers to FF12 in which they were called Garuda-Egi. Not eggi or eggie (lol) as I've seen people use. Think of it as "prototype".

Also SCH is going to be doing group aoe hot, basically Regenga (according to the E3 letter).

If it's Regenga, maybe WHM will still have Regen? I *** loved that spell in 1.0.

Phoenix.Tunafests said: »
Must. Have. Fairy.

The job description for SCH sounds incomplete?

FinalFantasyXIVofficalsite said:
In an age long past, when mankind flourished under the radiance of arcane mastery, the island of Vylbrand was home to a city-state called Nym. Though the history of that age tells of countless wars waged with earth-shattering incantations, it was the brilliant strategic maneuvering of Nym's scholars that allowed their mundane army of mariners to throw back would-be conquerers time and again. These learned men and women defended the freedom of their tiny nation with their unique command over spell-weaving faeries, utilizing the creatures' magicks to heal the wounded and bolster the strength of their allies.
 Phoenix.Tunafests
By Phoenix.Tunafests 2013-06-17 16:25:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I was hoping that they just left out any offensive capabilities from the description.

Will it just be support/healing, no offensive abilities? I just started playing on Friday so I'm not sure how the class abilities affect the advanced jobs.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-17 20:59:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I was hoping that they just left out any offensive capabilities from the description.

Will it just be support/healing, no offensive abilities? I just started playing on Friday so I'm not sure how the class abilities affect the advanced jobs.

jobs retain their base classes abilities so sch will be attacking with fairy, regengaing pt and using dots on mob i gather.
 Phoenix.Tunafests
By Phoenix.Tunafests 2013-06-17 21:35:31
Link | Quote | Reply

jobs retain their base classes abilities so sch will be attacking with fairy, regengaing pt and using dots on mob i gather.

Ah, thanks, I see. I'm just curious to see if it only retains Conjurer offensive abilities, or, does SCH have it's own, new offensive abilities?
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-18 08:05:29
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH comes from Arcanist (dot/enfeebling pet job). as for SCH specific abilities, only fairy and regenga have been confirmed so far so gotta wait out the next couple months.
 Phoenix.Tunafests
By Phoenix.Tunafests 2013-06-18 08:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

SCH comes from Arcanist (dot/enfeebling pet job). as for SCH specific abilities, only fairy and regenga have been confirmed so far so gotta wait out the next couple months.

Oops, I meant Arcanist! /tired

Yeah, I know I'm jumping the gun.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 08:19:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Some info about SMN from an interview with Yoshida at E3.
Quote:
GE: Can you tell us about Summoner? What type of role will it have in a party? Do you envision it to be a healer? Attacker? Support?

Yoshida: Closer to an attacker, but different than the other types of attackers you have seen in the other jobs and classes in FFXIV. The summoner himself will be concentrating more on damage over time (DOT) spells and buffing spells. The summon – and you won’t be summoning, for example, Ifrit himself, but will be summoning a different form of Ifrit, which we are calling Ifrit Eggi, which you might recognize from FFXII – will be used in a different way as well. So it will be an attack type of job, but its going to be a little bit different.

GE: Are the Eggi pets? Or will they show up for an attack and then disappear?

Yoshida: They will be a pet and stay with you after you summon them.
Source

Buffing spells?! :O If Bravery/Faith managed to sneak their way into player-accessible spells, I would be so happy!
Server: Odin
By Odin.Mithraspike 2013-06-18 13:52:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So...to sum this up:
Arcanist = and Scholar =

Summoner = FFXI Summoner
 Sylph.Katalsar
user: Katalsar
By Sylph.Katalsar 2013-06-18 14:59:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Dude I stood away from the MMO games but wow..I'm amazed at looking at the jobs, limit breaks, the way how classes cast magic, the actual magic being casted...

This MMO looks fantastic, the only thing I don't like is they still refuse to give galkas their tails but whatever...

I'm thrilled to play every class they all look really enjoyable.

Can someone give me some feedback on the beta testing. I want to know the pros and cons.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 15:21:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Katalsar said: »
Dude I stood away from the MMO games but wow..I'm amazed at looking at the jobs, limit breaks, the way how classes cast magic, the actual magic being casted...

This MMO looks fantastic, the only thing I don't like is they still refuse to give galkas their tails but whatever...

Can someone give me some feedback on the beta testing. I want to know the pros and cons.

The three biggest cons for Beta arm are
1) Weekend access only til later. >:[
2) ARC/SMN/SCH won't be ready until launch. >:[
3) NO FISHER TIL PHASE 4!! D:<
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-18 15:22:04
Link | Quote | Reply

What's up with fishing? Why excluded?
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 15:33:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
What's up with fishing? Why excluded?

Well they had it kind of set up similar to Mining and Harvesting, but then Yoshida said that fishing should be relaxing and not "MASH ALL DA BUTTONS" (not a direct quote lol.) Actually he mentioned something in that interview about it...

Quote:
GE: It’s been a while since we’ve heard anything about fishing. Can you tell us how it’s going to work and when we will be able to try it?

Yoshida: Fishing will be available starting in phase four of the beta test. Players can check it out then. We mentioned before in a Producer’s Letter live, but the concept that we have for fishing in FFXIV is that we didn’t want to make it action based. We didn’t want actions like a battle class has, or to be pressing buttons at certain times like it was originally. Rather, we want to have players just go to a lake or river or ocean, and have players, depending on what type of water it is and maybe what time of day it is, choose which rod you are going to use, and maybe what bait or lure you are going to use. The concept is that fishing is supposed to be a conversation with nature. We wanted the fishing in fourteen to be representative of that.

We really wanted it to be something you can do in the free time that you have. For example, you go into the duty finder and while waiting in the queue, you can change to fisher and fish a little bit, and when your number comes up, change back and go. Or if you are waiting on a friend to log in. To be able to do something in that downtime that’s fun, but relaxing.

I rather liked the mini-game version of fishing in 1.0 (granted my fisher was only 29 before servers shut down. Same with my CUL too... lolseasandto42. >_>) Can't wait for phase4 to see if I'll still like it.
Odin.Mithraspike said: »
So...to sum this up:
Arcanist = and Scholar =

Summoner = FFXI Summoner
No, to sum it up...
Arcanist =

Summoner =

and Scholar =

>:[
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-06-18 15:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

FFXIV will get Atomos and cait sith before FFXI
[+]
By Luvbunny1 2013-06-18 15:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

LMAO yeah and probably everything else under the sun at this point. More jobs are already in the works, and they seems to be very optimistic for the success of ARR. Expansion already in the works for the PS4 launch, new race, new jobs such as thief, ninja, red mage, blue mage and musketeers (with a really big gunblade?). Yoshi shows no sign of stopping until he makes FF14 as the ultimate fan service with every FF lore and easter eggs added to the game.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 16:28:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »

Technically we already got Atomos before FFXI.

And Cait Sith to come (as a minion)!
[+]
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-18 17:37:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So...to sum this up:
Arcanist = pic of ff3 rdm and Scholar = pic of wow druid[/img]

Summoner = FFXI Summoner

Arcanist doesn't have access to white magic or black magic outside of THM's Thunder (DoT) and CNJ's cure1 (plus protect and stoneskin). Not sure what Arcanist's DoT's will be counted as. It also gets Carbuncle.

Scholar doesn't transform and it uses a fairy pet (that has buffs/heals/attacks and multiple forms), AoE Regens and ACN's DoT's. If anything its just the regen and helix of XIs SCH and subbing SMN with a light elemental pet.

Summoner doesn't have all of XI's pets (IIRC won't have access to Carbuncle), the role is that primarily of an attacker. We don't get actual versions of the Primals, we get mini versions. Free companies get the actual versions. SMN won't have access to higher cures to heal between pet abilities and instead will be doing DoT nukes.
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-06-18 21:48:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So...to sum this up:

Summoner = FFXI Summoner

Arcanist doesn't have access to white magic or black magic outside of THM's Thunder (DoT) and CNJ's cure1 (plus protect and stoneskin). Not sure what Arcanist's DoT's will be counted as. It also gets Carbuncle.

Scholar doesn't transform and it uses a fairy pet (that has buffs/heals/attacks and multiple forms), AoE Regens and ACN's DoT's. If anything its just the regen and helix of XIs SCH and subbing SMN with a light elemental pet.

Summoner doesn't have all of XI's pets (IIRC won't have access to Carbuncle), the role is that primarily of an attacker. We don't get actual versions of the Primals, we get mini versions. Free companies get the actual versions. SMN won't have access to higher cures to heal between pet abilities and instead will be doing DoT nukes.

And summoner will have buffing skills! It says so in that interview I linked! :O We know Haste is out since Yoshida said it's unneeded what with skill/spell speed+ gear. Bravery and Faith gogo! >:O
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-06-19 11:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizuharu said: »
So...to sum this up:

Summoner = FFXI Summoner

And summoner will have buffing skills! It says so in that interview I linked! :O We know Haste is out since Yoshida said it's unneeded what with skill/spell speed+ gear. Bravery and Faith gogo! >:O

Honestly I'm guessing it'll be buffs that mirror bard's. Like Ifrit-egi will give an attack buff and will be up in the frontlines attacking.
 Sylph.Mizzou
user: Kogafox
By Sylph.Mizzou 2013-07-03 12:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd prefer Scholar as XI's scholar. Summoner is what it is... a summon-er. It's summons... stuff. Scholar was an excellent alternative to white mage. But, it's not like I know how this scholar will play.

However, there was mention of Samurai in the future as well.
Your text to link here...

Sylph.Katalsar said: »

First and foremost--get your Galka bum in here!!! :) Second, the game is pretty nice, albeit, in early stages since we can't seem to go beyond lv20'sh quests. Aside from the tails... these "Galkas" look more intimidating. Or you could join me as a Mi'qote if you want a tail... no? I didn't think so :)
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2013-07-03 14:22:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Mizzou said: »
I'd prefer Scholar as XI's scholar. Summoner is what it is... a summon-er. It's summons... stuff. Scholar was an excellent alternative to white mage. But, it's not like I know how this scholar will play.

However, there was mention of Samurai in the future as well.
Your text to link here...

SCH will be buff/debuffing enemy (inherit skills from Arcanist) and the Fairy will be DDing/Healing. SCH will also get some AoE version of Regen according to the E3 Live letter. Speaking of which, Yoshida also said during that letter that Samurai is a possibility, but they're not promising anything. They do play to release one or two more jobs sometime after launch, and then more with an expansion. Assuming all goes well (which I have high hopes it will :x)