Tojil Strat!
First Page 2 3 4
 Cerberus.Razet
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Byngo
By Cerberus.Razet 2013-06-09 02:44:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I hated when people posted numbers and talked about winning just hinting at stuff, so here it is.

MNK MNK DRK WHM COR BRD
MNK MNK DRG WHM COR BRD
GEO GEO RDM PLD SCH SCH

Eft - stun as much as you can. Zerg

Raptor - stun as much as you can. No magic damage, including magic damage debuffs. Zerg. Slow/Para/Blind/Elegy are ok.

Matamata - PLD hold while you kill other 1/2 mobs, sleep above mobs if they aren't dead by 7th TP move. Zerg at 7th TP move.

Peiste - keep blinded, all DD in front, stun as much as you can. Zerg
Kurma - Stun as much as you can, use Geo-Languor and dispel harden shell everytime.

Trex - 8 Songs, 4x 100 formless hundred fists. Mantra rotation. Cancel formless at 74% apply angon. Wild Card, Zerg. Keep mantra up. Stun every TP move and Kaustra / Meteor

*credit to Mafai. Taken from BG wiki forum.
[+]
 Sylph.Decimus
Server: Sylph
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-06-09 02:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd recommend not stunning every tp move. We ran out of unresisted stuns way too fast that way. We stopped stunning Searing Serration, Tyrannical Blow, and Pyroclastic Surge and that made it much easier on the scholars. Having 2 geo's probably would have helped though.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-06-09 12:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So u stun eft but dont worry about silence?

And the raptor is it ok to skillchain?
 Odin.Cyprias
Server: Odin
user: Cyprias
By Odin.Cyprias 2013-06-09 12:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ravenn42 said: »

Not okay to SC iirc.
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
Server: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2013-06-09 12:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Any DD is also fine to hold mata, I did it on mnk. (Not saying lolPLD but just pointing out its not needed.)
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2013-06-09 12:54:59
Link | Quote | Reply

On the eft why would you not do everything you can to incapacitate the mob? The Rdm hopefully has enough sense to already be trying to para/addle/blind/silence it and is doing more than just hasting, curing, and refreshing people. In addition to the SCH stun rotation, your rdm/blm is able to throw in some extra stun help on the NMs (NOT TOJI).

Skillchain counts as magic damage so you do NOT want to accidentally SC the raptor. Everyone should just be timing or overlapping their WS so this doesn't happen.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-06-09 15:00:00
Link | Quote | Reply

The op made a post about people hinting and not giving full advice so I asked about those 2 scenarios because I thought it was a must.....just saying well duh you should silence eft and not skillchain raptor is kind of going against the original post.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2013-06-09 22:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought not silencing the eft was the gimmick. If you're making serious runs at the t-rex you can kill it in 2-3 minutes anyway.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2013-06-09 23:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Does silence do anything besides keep it from casting spells?
By Sylph.Systematicchaos 2013-06-09 23:04:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Does silence do anything besides keep it from casting spells?

Cause it to WS more frequently because it's not casting, and it's spells really don't seem dangerous, or you can stun them and you have extra time it's not WSing. Not sure if it does anything besides that though.
By pchan 2013-06-11 08:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

For the eft you can have one PT kill it while the other do the raptor+matamata. Don't have to stun, just have the brd spam pianissimo macros.
By Ravenn42 2013-07-02 23:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Another ls wipe. We had exact party set up and did what strat said and 3 DD died at start and that was that. Looking back we tried to figure out why Dd died so fast. The spikes seem to have killed them not sure if it is a dispel move or what. I am not sure what is going. The whm cant keep up with cures that is for sure.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-02 23:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

DDS need to turn if spikes go up, that's a pretty silly thing to die to. They can be dispelled.
 Fenrir.Mesic
Server: Fenrir
user: Mesic
By Fenrir.Mesic 2013-07-02 23:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Another ls wipe. We had exact party set up and did what strat said and 3 DD died at start and that was that. Looking back we tried to figure out why Dd died so fast. The spikes seem to have killed them not sure if it is a dispel move or what. I am not sure what is going. The whm cant keep up with cures that is for sure.

Let me guess, your whms are mules, your whm's are people that don't like playing whm. Thats usually 50% of the problem.
[+]
By Ravenn42 2013-07-02 23:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

1 is our ls leader and they have top gear... they dont allow mules. The Dds died like less than 30 sec. The rdm said she was dispelling. She seems to be using it everytime it is up and maybe that is the issue? Maybe blm shouldnt stun ever tp move? I am on scholar so am doings my rolls and dia2 light shots not sure whats up
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-02 23:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Blm? Scholar doing rolls? Huh? Anywaysss...

ScholarX2 should be stunning. Every TP move. Not sure if the blm thing was a mistype somehow, but this really isn't a zone for blms. It won't start resisting stuns unless you have bad gear or the fight drags on too long, in which case your chances of winning are going drastically down anyways.

Make sure your scholars have marches (or embrava) + haste. We keep up marches fulltime on Pieste and on T-rex as a failsafe for when Embrava wears.

To be fair, spikes have little to do with the quality of your mages. A 100-fisting mnk (or even just a mnk in general) is gonna faceplant pretty quick if they aren't paying attention and don't turn to spikes.

Barolithic shell puts up a lot of debuffs (Blaze Spikes, Stoneskin, Attack Boost, Magic Attack Boost, Haste). Brds/rdms should be finale/dispelling it if it goes off, and it is pretty important that it be called out if it goes off (if people are unable to pay attention by themselves) so people know to turn and don't kill themselves to spikes.
[+]
 Asura.Gabba
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-07-02 23:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

A Blm stunning and a sch doing rolls, no idea why wiped...
By Ravenn42 2013-07-02 23:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sorry case of stupid going... im on cor and schs were stunning. I am sorry 4 the typos im on my phone and im disappointed 4 hour gathers to not even get mob to 90 percent.
By Therin 2013-07-02 23:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's a public service announcement because I hate it when people keep secrets.

Aura is related to En-spells (MNK/RUN either following the "Yellow!!" Abyssea proc system or set elements depending on the %.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2013-07-03 00:31:09
Link | Quote | Reply

DOnt think it was so much a secret, more like they just figured it out over on BG 2-3 days ago. Might be worth it to have one mnk go /run just for this.

How are people doing Kurma in 5 minutes tho? That seems to be our biggest cockblock, taking 10-15 minutes (so we just bead it)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-07-03 00:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

THe enspell breakthrough has literally just been made a couple of hours ago, no one's keeping any secrets. It's on a public forum. We don't know how exactly it works yet either.

My LS just spams dispel on Kurma to drop its DEF boost and it ends up dying within 5~6 mins. Maybe get better DDs
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-07-03 00:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shell being up seems to raise the probability that it will use song, resetting all of your 7k Shijins back down to sadsville.
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-03 01:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Salmijr said: »
How are people doing Kurma in 5 minutes tho? That seems to be our biggest cockblock, taking 10-15 minutes (so we just bead it)

Every time I've seen Kurma take longer than "normal", it's generally because dispels aren't going off. If you're 100% sure your dispeller is on the ball, you might wanna re-evaluate your dds. Also, are your brds/cors re-singing and re-rolling(when they can) as soon as Turtle song goes off?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-03 01:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought Kurma durring Earth weather on Iceday today, it seemed to use song a LOT, even while fully dispelled. IDK if there's any corralation. But it did seem to take a lot longer than usual because of the constant turtle songs.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-03 01:13:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's likely just rng being rng, though I've never paid attention to the days/weather/whatever we've fought him on. There's been times my songs have lasted to near/full duration (though that's partially due to some extremely lucky stuns), and other times where I can't even keep a single song up because he'll use Song 4-5X+ in a row.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-03 01:21:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I tend to make a mental note of weather when it coincides with a particular mob. IE blizzard while fighting jourmy, etc. Call me superstitious, but I also tend to favor ACC or Potency sets in those situations, though I rarely use Obi's.

It's probably irrelevant, just figured I'd throw it out there.

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Missing out on the most critical bit of information on your post Jassik, what was the moonphase?

I know its a joke, but weather/day does effect mobs or at least the spells you cast on them. With the level of gimmicks SE has been throwing at us over the years, it wouldn't be that far fetched :P

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-07-03 01:25:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Angierus said: »
Intriguing, so you are making Jormy fight Kurma?

Monstrosity yo!
[+]
First Page 2 3 4