Why Is Celestial Ring So Much Still? Worth Using?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Why is Celestial ring so much still? Worth using?
Why is Celestial ring so much still? Worth using?
 Sylph.Mystaria
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-06-08 20:12:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all, came across Celestial ring today, which on our server is like 1 mil. I am wondering, I use Sirona's Ring and Haoma's Ring which I would assume is better then Celestial ring, so whats the big deal with the ring? Unless its just good for the resting set?
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2013-06-08 20:21:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked on your server last one sold for 1mil in 2011...it wouldn't get that much today. Maybe a couple hundred thousand.
 Valefor.Lisamarie
Server: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2013-06-08 21:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

When looking at a price history of an item, it is important to check the date as well. That will tell a lot, seeing as quite a few of the old "great" items are no longer worth as much
 Sylph.Mystaria
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Mystaria 2013-06-09 00:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but even a couple hundred thousand is still alot, so the question remains, is this ring even worth 500k? The hype? Anything?
VIP
By Kalila 2013-06-09 00:10:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's only real value is the HMP+1, it was never really worth it to begin with.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-06-09 00:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

At TOAU era 75 cap Star Ring (the NQ version) was part of the best HMP set and all good mages carried them if they could afford them. The HQ was just bragging rights and showing that you either got lucky on a synth, or had gil to waste. Star Sapphires were extremely rare on Ramuh back in the day -- if I remember correctly, they only came from the Ashu Talif fight.
 Bismarck.Annalise
Server: Bismarck
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-06-16 23:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bekisa said: »
At TOAU era 75 cap Star Ring (the NQ version) was part of the best HMP set and all good mages carried them if they could afford them. The HQ was just bragging rights and showing that you either got lucky on a synth, or had gil to waste. Star Sapphires were extremely rare on Ramuh back in the day -- if I remember correctly, they only came from the Ashu Talif fight.

Also from Fiat Lux (wotg fight) and rarely in einherjar. But yeah, super rare pre-abyssea

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.