Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Samurai » SAM Gearsets
SAM Gearsets
By Meeeeeep 2013-05-26 20:28:48
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm working on some of my gearsets at the momnent after returning from the game after a long break.

Currently this is what I'm TPing and WSing in.
ItemSet 302259

ItemSet 302260

Currently it puts me at a 6hit, I also made a 5hit set that I'm working on gathering gear for.
ItemSet 166482
My WS set would be unchanged aside from Hagneia Stone in ws instead of Thew.

My question is is my current setup better than the 5hit I worked out? Are there any improvements someone who's recently come back to the game can make?
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-05-26 20:44:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36563/bushido-the-way-of-the-samurai-a-guide/

the listed guide is pretty solid. And there is a thread specifically for Ugui.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38112/uguisumaru/

All sets use AF3+2 pants because the hasso bonus is indispensable and most use AF3+2 body. I don't think a single solid set use that byrnie.
[+]
By Jelulish 2013-06-03 09:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I would change your earrings on WS set to to bonus moonshade and brutal earring. You will lose 2 da 8 acc 8 attack but the tp bonus I am pretty sure will always win out.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-03 11:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Jelulish said: »
I would change your earrings on WS set to to bonus moon shade and brootal earring. You will lose 2 da 8 account 8 attack but the top bonus I am pretty sure will always win out.

DYAC
By Jelulish 2013-06-03 11:59:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol yeah my bad was posting at work from my cell.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-06-03 12:00:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/36563/bushido-the-way-of-the-samurai-a-guide/ the listed guide is pretty solid. And there is a thread specifically for Ugui. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/38112/uguisumaru/ All sets use AF3+2 pants because the hasso bonus is indispensable and most use AF3+2 body. I don't think a single solid set use that byrnie.

I don't thing porthos has had a single use outside of a transitional set early in 99 cap. Phorcys Dirs have no use on SAM. If you've got hasso up, use unkai +2, if not you're either in Saotome/+2 or DT. There is no use for a haste seigan set, you're a DD.
 Phoenix.Cevalli
Server: Phoenix
user: cevalli
By Phoenix.Cevalli 2013-06-04 18:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

hmmm out off last topic... i just played a bit with the DPS calculator and it seems that using full Mikinaak (fully augmented pathA) with all Delve accessories + Phos is almost the best possible set at the moment..... can anyone confirm?? I think I messed something on the calculator and just want to make sure.... ^^; ty
 Phoenix.Cevalli
Server: Phoenix
user: cevalli
By Phoenix.Cevalli 2013-06-04 18:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/303283
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-06 13:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Accuracy with that set is awful, only 22% haste with no AF3+2 legs or body, and only 18 STP, doesn't seem very good at all really. Maybe it's just me though. >.>
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-06-06 13:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »

Accuracy with that set is awful, only 22% haste with no AF3+2 legs or body, and only 18 STP, doesn't seem very good at all really. Maybe it's just me though. >.>

I think you've been trolled!
 Lakshmi.Jimmothy
Guildwork Premium
By Lakshmi.Jimmothy 2013-06-06 13:39:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Lakshmi.Jimmothy said: »

I think you've been trolled!

Ouch lol. I sure hope so.

/em feels trolled...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [60 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Jicamakid
Server: Fenrir
user: JicamaKid
By Fenrir.Jicamakid 2013-08-05 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tachi: Shoha ws gear was wonding what to aim for now aug 5 update here if there better choice on gear and what to work on thank you :)
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2013-08-07 04:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Jicamakid said: »
Tachi: Shoha ws gear was wonding what to aim for now aug 5 update here if there better choice on gear and what to work on thank you :)

Rank 15A Mikinaak hands and feet have only really changed for WS set after update, everything else pretty much stays the same as it was in ideal Shoha sets before. If you already went DEX path on them or they're not at R15A yet then same old Phorcys/Whirlpool.