users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Kannagi trials solo advice for Helms and Skins
Kannagi trials solo advice for Helms and Skins
 Bahamut.Mizucallow
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
By Bahamut.Mizucallow 2013-05-11 17:32:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished all my Lotto NMs omw to Kannagi. I can't even get that scorpion to pop and its such a massive area that I don't even feel like trying unless I had all 50 helms or skins or both. I would like some solo strategy advice for NIN/DNC and /WAR. NIN is my only 99 I have a lot of experience with /DNC but none for /WAR. My friend with a Kannagi said I should be able to solo Briareus and another said Sobek as well. I have Koga +2 from the Neck down Iga zukin +1 for helm. Missuchi Kappa Sheltered ring Ecphoria ring 2 Dodge earrings Ungur boomerang Windbuffet belt Hitaki TP 100 main hand and Oirandori sub and Orochi Nodowa for neck. my Shun set is a Coral earring Spike earring Vassel's Mantle and Flame belt. I have a couple of friends who can help and my GF can is DNC/WHM so she can heal and stun pretty well but I am on way more then they are so soloing seems like the best choice cause I'm not rich enough to pay mercs yet.
By Angeljcar 2013-05-11 17:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »
I just finished all my Lotto NMs omw to Kannagi. I can't even get that scorpion to pop and its such a massive area that I don't even feel like trying unless I had all 50 helms or skins or both. I would like some solo strategy advice for NIN/DNC and /WAR. NIN is my only 99 I have a lot of experience with /DNC but none for /WAR. My friend with a Kannagi said I should be able to solo Briareus and another said Sobek as well. I have Koga +2 from the Neck down Iga zukin +1 for helm. Missuchi Kappa Sheltered ring Ecphoria ring 2 Dodge earrings Ungur boomerang Windbuffet belt Hitaki TP 100 main hand and Oirandori sub and Orochi Nodowa for neck. my Shun set is a Coral earring Spike earring Vassel's Mantle and Flame belt. I have a couple of friends who can help and my GF can is DNC/WHM so she can heal and stun pretty well but I am on way more then they are so soloing seems like the best choice cause I'm not rich enough to pay mercs yet.
Pretty sure you just have to stun Sobeks KO move and the doom move on Briareus to win. Other than that its a basic fight.
By dedrummer000 2013-05-11 17:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

if they do make WoE weapons unlock the WS, just do that, then buy a plasm weapon. id bet empy's wont get that damage boost till 99, it wont be like a liner increase. (like 80 gets +10 damage, 85 gets +20, blah blah)
 Bismarck.Kuroganashi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Kuroganashi 2013-05-11 17:43:35
Link | Quote | Reply

NIN/DNC and lots of Violent Flourishes !
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-05-11 18:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend fleshing out your gear sets more. It would make the helms/skins go much faster (especially if you are actually soloing all of them). Stick to nin/war as much as possible to make the pop farming faster. You should have 10-12 out of the 13 procs. Sobek's KO attack is based on your HP iirc(If the attack takes you below half HP, it kills you) so keep your HP full and it will not kill you.
 Asura.Aerox
Server: Asura
By Asura.Aerox 2013-05-11 18:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually solo'ing my kannagi too atm, done quite a lot of my helms solo. If you are alone (for briar) you can use a regen atma (I use Mounted Champion) and just turn away from the NMs when they put spikes up if you need to and you should be /war to get procs regen and a temp potion or 2 should be all you need.

For Briar himself its a dead easy solo nin/dnc all you need to do is save stun for 1. His 1hr as soon as you see 1111 dmg just stun and run away and let him get all 3 collosal moves off then go back in.
And 2. when he does 888/999 dmg focus hard until you see animation for collosal and stun it. Nothing else to the fight.

Don't know about Sobek not go that far yet lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Jaggerjack
user: voiceless
By Bahamut.Jaggerjack 2013-05-11 18:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

WOE Weapon to 99 unless ur doing the kannagi to 99 and to solo nin/dnc
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2013-05-11 18:49:05
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're complaining about popping a vnm I doubt you'll find the gusto to complete bria or sobek solo.
By bluedeathva 2013-05-11 19:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I take it WoE is the off-brand empy i.e. Tobi, I'm after Kannagi for the Aftermath cause even the highest Blade Hi cannot catch up to most high lvl 2 handed WS; the aftermath is the real show of Kannagi. NIN= highest damage over time, NIN does not= superior WS damage. Even tho I shouldn't even respond to that one comment but for the recorded why I'm burned out on the scorpion is because over the last week I did all my trials up to that point starting at Deadly Dodo to Ratatoskr completing 1 trial a day meaning I haven't really even gotten to play the game cause of camping. If I started chasing the scorpion all day I would still get no more helms and still be at 0 skins. Even if I finished all the 3 trials left super fast it would not put a Kannagi in my hand. I really appreciate Aerox's advice cause he/she is soloing it atm as well as NIN. I really appreciate the help and advice cause I want that Kannagi like no ones business.
Ingame every Kannagi owner I've met is an elitist #hole like Quintow so its nice to get some good feedback and not just trash talk.
By itchi508 2013-05-12 11:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Mizucallow said: »

Briarus Farm: your 3 gigs NMs nin/war. If you struggle use RR Apoc Sea daughter. Fighting your KI NMs you should TP on adds to reduce tp feed on NM To avoid the occ spikes from east & south giga. Ride Migawari for East gigs as Moribund hack can hurt specially if your paralyzed

Briarus Solo: Nin/dnc. Very easy. Briarus has horrible ACC to begun with. Just keep on debuffs camp stuns & he shouldn't get off 1 Mercurial strike. If so 888,999,1111 be ready to kite.

Sobek farm: nin/war no explanation needed here.
Sobek solo: nin/dnc bring temps if you need. I ride RR SS GH, stun slowga/Para as that will be the cause of death.
Let bindga & dispelga cast off.
Keep Migawari up, with a good FC set your recast can be as low as 65seconds.
Let Blizzaga hit you, with a MD set it won't hurt. Again Save your stuns for para/slowga.
Let Tyrant tusk go threw. Migawari will absorb it, also make sure HP is up in case Migawari is down.
Obviously turn from awful eye. No danger if you get Petra as it only lasts 30sec.
Keep 5steps in case you need a emergency cure, and ride w/e samba you want. Keep him debuff much as you can and its a easy ride

As for WS I would suggest in abysea use Jin. Ride RR VV and 3rd is up to you. Apoc, Sea daughter, SS or GH.

For scorpion VNM just roam you will find it. If you get Fly your choice to kill or warp. When you find scorp just Stun Breakga keep shadows up and it will be a joke.

As for gear you should configure your set a bit as you will struggle with what you have. Look up Nin guide and make a TP. WS. MD, Fast cast. Regen set is a good idea to have also.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/

http://jp.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/18273/best-nin-sets/

There are other forums for different sets but these would be a good start for you.

These will make a large impact on your survivability. Follow the instructions for soloing. find some good gear in the provided links and you will have no issue finishing your kannagi.
Hope this helps Good luck
 Bahamut.Glizdus
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2013-05-20 03:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

good job linking NIN sets from 2011 ;)
By Spiraboo 2013-05-20 06:01:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen quite a few ninja soloing this with nin/pld when I did mine, so you can do a bit more procing than nin/dnc and more survivability than nin/war. How well it actually works I'm not sure since I wasn't paying that much attention.

For gear, I'd recommend investing a bit more time on getting your empy +2s, AF3+2 body for miwagari so you have 100% protection, AF3+2 feet for extra shadows will definitely help your survivability.

They're both pretty easy nms, for briareus you might want to go into worm party, if you're lucky you'll get one pop set + pop items for the 3 nms to get another pop set. Also all the time in the world and capped lights to get more pop sets! For Briareus himself, he's pretty easy as long as you kite him when he 2 hrs (Paralyze works wonders and often paralyze off his 2hr as well.)

For Sobek it's easy as long as you can stun the deadly moves.

It's best to kidnap a thf really... otherwise it's a very long road!
By itchi508 2013-05-20 06:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »

good job linking NIN sets from 2011 ;)
Unsure if thats sarcasm i have a feeling it is lol, out of my step by step walk threw u pick out a link? If your gona troll do please better i put 2 links and a walk threw. Try giving advice to this person, not trolling me. What would you give him for a gear links Salvage II, VW and NNI?

the reason that ***link is there is because he listed some of his gear he had, and needs desperate help, making a easy obtained blade jin set is best advice for him atm if he plans to solo anything. I gave him options and ideas to help him that are (in his reach) until he finishs His relic/AF +1/+2. And gets into further content,
if you got better advice to this person id love to see it.
 Bahamut.Glizdus
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2013-05-20 07:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

with SOA up, you can easily pull more from Jin just by switching to some pieces of Thurandaut set.
and yet you are telling me that Loki's is easier to get then Thurandaut.
if you are advising to someone, at least review if there are a better choices for piece of gear from 2011.
so dont call me a troll or ill start calling you a nub.
By itchi508 2013-05-20 07:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Glizdus said: »
with SOA up, you can easily pull more from Jin just by switching to some pieces of Thurandaut set.
and yet you are telling me that Loki's is easier to get then Thurandaut.
if you are advising to someone, at least review if there are a better choices for piece of gear from 2011.
so dont call me a troll or ill start calling you a nub.
LoL Call me noob all u want fact is u did troll like a scrub, call it what you want but you gave no actual advice. i gave input and u chose to nit pick 1 of the 2 links i gave? lol if your wernt trolling you would have simply said "SoA gear is another easy option" also my last post was more than a couple weeks old not even on the recent viewed threads and thats all you post? do you intentionally look for old posts to troll on?

Also I never mentioned anything about lokis.
He can do some coalitions & quests but id advise to save himself the embarrassment of goin to reives in his current gear as he wont get shat for balyd, and for 2 i didnt place that info because he may not have the expansion.

Is SoA gear better? Yes by far better and for some easyer to get but not everyone has that option. I gave him links to simple old upgrades to give him ideas in the right direction to get started on sets he will need that anyone can get w/o needing much help, skill or new expansion.
But he should focus on the must have AF/Relic +2 peaces before stepping foot into new content that is out of his league. Try giving tips rather than opening your mouth to comment on someone elses advice.
Thanks for your genius input your a real help to this person! anything else you would like to add that would actually be of help?
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-05-20 08:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

easy win on sobek:

1. get the soa katana
2. shadow ring or atma of einherjar
3. engage and afk w/ whm mule/friend
4. enjoy your trophy
By Libbien 2013-05-20 08:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

One thing I didn't see listed here... make sure you can get +6 staff skill somehow, easiest way is probably through merits. As nin/war your staff skill will only be 144 falling 6 short of sunburst which is an additional red proc.

for the ice spikes NM, don't pop migawari until after he uses ice roar, otherwise you risk migawari wearing off before moribund hack is used. Without AF3+2 body, u will need your hp basically full (just fill it to be safe) or else migawari won't protect you. I used MC atma and turned after ice roar, if you don't take any damage besides ice roar, your hp will fill from MC before he uses moribund hack, just stay patient and don't try to hit with spikes up because it will cause you to fail. The other 2 gigas are pretty easy though the lightning spikes NM is annoying to proc.

For bri himself, just stun all of his tp moves. With nin's subtle blow, violent flourish will be back up before he uses the next tp move. I have noticed that towards the end of the fight he will start resisting so be careful and kite when you have to. But honestly I found bri to be an easier solo than the 3 gigas before him.

Farming the sobek KI's is also very easy. Just nin/war and use MC atma just to be safe. You don't need to kill these NMs fast but you do need to stay alive. The bugard can KO you similar to sobek but with a much lower success rate, keep hp up and you shouldn't have a problem.

As for sobek, I solo'd mine as bst/dnc so can't help ya there. If you do decide to lvl bst or have a bst friend, this is how its done (thx to turkie from phoenix for this setup). Use falcor and let both yourself and pet engage sobek on opposite sides, stun bliz and para, forget the others. Keep pets hp full, use zetas so you aren't wasting gil since you will be spamming reward a lot. Atmas used were apoc, vv, and rr. DG is a waste of time and so is any regen atmas. Sobek will only last 5 minutes fighting like this with decent bst gear.

Good luck and hope this helps
By itchi508 2013-05-20 09:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Could use the staff skill +5 head peace & sea torque to as i do to lessen the Merrits incase you don't Want to strip anything down. I think with staff head you only need +3 merrits in staff. And head + torque you don't need any
By Libbien 2013-05-20 10:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea the staff skill head (dropped from bri himself I think) would put you at 149 so would still need 1 more, but could farm the sea neck or just use 1 merit at that point. Actually I just realized the OP said nin was the only 99 so staff merits aren't an option lol... go farm the head/neck to give yourself access to more red procs.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [70 days between previous and next post]
By tiresias 2013-07-29 11:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

A little late to chime in on this, but I've actually finished Kannagi / Kikoku, and I'm a fairly well geared and seasoned NIN. Currently soloing to build Almace for my BLU.

Briareus - Farming the KI's is the hardest part. I use NIN/war w/ (Mounted Champion, Razed Ruins, Voracious Violet). As said above if you work on your gear, NIN/war should have 12/13 Red !! staggers. Only way to achieve this however is with Arch-Scythe, Halloween Event Polearm, and Temperance Torque. NIN/war at 99 with capped staff only has 144 skill so the head piece from Briareus himself is only 5 skill points bringing you to 149 and you need 150 for Sunburst (Staff Light Stagger), or you merit staff. Briareus fight himself is stupidly easy to do with NIN/dnc. All you need to do is stun Mercurial Strike. If you do this, the very next TP move is... Mercurial Strike. So long as Mercurial Strike doesn't land, he'll never use any of the listed TP moves. (Dare anyone to challenge me on this.)

Sobek - Farming KI's is the same thing. Hardest part is just getting the KI's. The fight itself I'm still sketchy with but working to make it smoother. Main thing I do is to try and stun his big -Aga spells. Blizzaga IV / Sleepga II mainly. If your timer is up take a stab and stunning Tyrant Tusk. I usually get hit with Awful Eye because I don't pay attention. I've been really lucky not to get nailed by a nuke right after. Not sure if cone or not because I never turn in time. Other than that, the fight is nothing special.

Hope it helps anyway!
 Sylph.Shadowq
Server: Sylph
user: ShadowFFO
By Sylph.Shadowq 2013-08-14 01:37:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I still remember one of my most satisfying moments playing the game was having a Briareus pop and asking a group if they could help me with the kill, and I would them tank him and assist with the 3 pops they had.

Well when they ended up using their pop, I had my filters set up well enough that I could see everytime Bri was about to use a special move and stunned him like 10x in a row making it the fastest and smoothest kill of him I'd even had.

#goodtimes