Roll Tracker (COR)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » General » Roll Tracker (COR)
Roll Tracker (COR)
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-01 13:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Posted this a while ago in the COR forums, but I figured it would be worth posting here, especially since I've added a few updates since.

RollTracker is an addon for Windower, that simplifies rolls, puts them on 1/2 lines and instantly reports on their results. It also reports the effects of your rolls, tells you your chance to bust, and prompts you before doubling up on a lucky roll or an 11.

Let me know if you'd like to see anything, features wise, or have any bugs to report.

Cheers, and enjoy!
[+]
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-05-01 14:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I would recommend having an option to disable the double up prompt on lucky numbers. More often than not, I'm going for 11 regardless and having to hit double up again would be annoying.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-01 14:10:22
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an option to do that, if you use help it'll tell you the command for that (/rolltracker help).
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-02 03:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am also gonna work on a settings file so that it can be turned off by default.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 04:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Last night or maybe two days ago it would give error when using Magus roll.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-05-17 04:53:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Last night or maybe two days ago it would give error when using Magus roll.

Error - Use Better Rolls!
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 04:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Was doing wamoura waiting on the 20 exuviations, thought I'd just make it easier on the mages with all the nukes going on!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 05:42:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed! Forgot an s from the end of magus's roll. Pushing the fix now.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 06:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Another change I've just made is that it's now possible for everyone in your party (as long as they have Rolltracker loaded) to see the bonuses of your rolls.

Also their chance to bust, which I am going remove later on. Battlemod or Normal text will show for corsairs outside your party.

Let me know what you think!
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-05-17 07:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Also I don't know if it is known or not, but if you try to use Double Shot on RNG with this add-on, it will give you the Double-Up reuse message, and cancel the activation of the JA, lol
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 07:44:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dinah said: »
Also I don't know if it is known or not, but if you try to use Double Shot on RNG with this add-on, it will give you the Double-Up reuse message, and cancel the activation of the JA, lol

Oh! That isn't known.

original:find('/jobability \"Double') Is why, forgot all about Double-shot.

I'll fix that now, sorry about that!
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-05-17 07:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »

It's ok. It's not your fault that SE has no constant translation standard for grammatical structure.

Their interchangeability between "s'" and "s's" in possessives ending in "s" has been driving me batshit for years.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2013-05-17 09:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dinah said: »
Oh! That isn't known. original:find('/jobability \"Double') Is why, forgot all about Double-shot. I'll fix that now, sorry about that!

It's all good! Glad I could contribute to something. Usually I'm the last to find out about this stuff. lol

I'm pretty new to windower so I'm still learning a lot.

This add-on is probably the best thing I've used so far, thanks for making it so easy to read and making it visually appealing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-17 09:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »

It's ok. It's not your fault that SE has no constant translation standard for grammatical structure.

Their interchangeability between "s'" and "s's" in possessives ending in "s" has been driving me batshit for years.
Athos's's's'ssss
[+]
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-17 10:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know if you'd like to see anything, features wise

1) This sounds awesome.
2) Does roll tracker inform you if your roll is "super-charged" via Commodore Tricorne?

EDIT: Are the values of the "boosted" rolls reflected in the percentages?
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 10:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Azryel said: »

1) This sounds awesome.
2) Does roll tracker inform you if your roll is "super-charged" via Commodore Tricorne?

Unfortunately not, nor can you tell what jobs people are in your party :(. Unfortunately the game doesn't send that information. They do give a set job bonus, so I was thinking of just including what the bonus is next to the chance to bust info.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-17 10:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

1) This sounds awesome.

Unfortunately not, nor can you tell what jobs people are in your party :(. Unfortunately the game doesn't send that information. They do give a set job bonus, so I was thinking of just including what the bonus is next to the chance to bust info.

No worries... I still love the idea- I'm a fairly decent corsair, but I sure as heck don't know the values of every possible roll off the top of my head lol

Corsairs everywhere thank you :)
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-05-17 10:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Was doing wamoura waiting on the 20 exuviations, thought I'd just make it easier on the mages with all the nukes going on!

I did the same thing, there wasn't really any other roll that I could think of besides Hunters that would have been good, so I just did Magus. And no point in having only just one roll up so what the hay.
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-17 17:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Let me know if you'd like to see anything, features wise, or have any bugs to report.

If there's another COR in a different pt but same alliance it acts a little wonky... Like gives exec text Lua error or something that flashes across the screen.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 17:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If there's another COR in a different pt but same alliance it acts a little wonky... Like gives exec text Lua error or something that flashes across the screen.

Don't suppose there's a way you can screeny that or post what it says? Wouldn't be able to test it at the minute
 Ragnarok.Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-05-17 17:40:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't suppose there's a way you can screeny that or post what it says? Wouldn't be able to test it at the minute

Lua-- gram Files\Windower4\\addons\rolltracker\rolltracker.lua:147 attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 18:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, sorry about that, I was unable to test it in an alliance setting before now.

I've changed it so that it only prints something if you receive the effect of the roll, so that means that you now shouldn't see any errors, as it should never get to
Code
							effected_member[n]=player_color[z]..get_party()[z]['name']
Which was causing some problems.

Again, I really have no way of testing this at the minute, but I've pushed the update and would appreciate it if you let me know if the problem persists - Not sure how long it will take to be merged, but it shouldn't be too long.

Thanks!
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fallfromgrace 2013-05-17 18:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Updated and reloaded addon, still getting that message in the alliance I'm in now, got like 6 CORs with me.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-17 18:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fallfromgrace said: »
Updated and reloaded addon, still getting that message in the alliance I'm in now, got like 6 CORs with me.

Will do at the moment, requested for it to be pulled but it has yet to be merged. Not sure when that will be I'm afraid.

I'm heading to bed now, but I imagine it will be merged by morning. I'll check this thread again and work on any bug fixes. Cheers!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-18 10:08:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, it's been updated, there's still a small problem where the first time you use a roll it'll show the battlemod message or the default message, but it should only show that on the first roll.

I'm working on a way to fix it.

Was in a party with another corsair in the alliance before, so that problem is at the very least fixed.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 07:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I've added a settings file for Roll tracker, it only contains 1 option (though I will add more, eventually, including the option to show how much a job bonus is, and hide the chance to bust).

For now the option included is <Autostop>. This controls whether rolls stop on their lucky numbers or not, by default this is set to <Autopstop>0</Autostop> - Which automatically temporarily disables double ups on lucky numbers.

Setting this to 1 will make it so that this no longer occurs.

This will be merged soon, and the settings file will be located in rolltracker/data/settings.xml

Cheers!
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-05-20 16:45:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, pushed a temporary fix for the battlemod compatibility issues, will continue to work on it, but for now it's less obnoxious.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
Server: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-06-08 05:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else having problems with roll tracker? It's straight up not loading for me and last night it was telling my wife everything was caster's (or was it courser's?) roll.

Either way, it kept telling her all the rolls were one thing.
 Cerberus.Balloon
By Cerberus.Balloon 2013-06-08 05:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not loading how?

I'm not experiencing anything, and it hasn't been updated in a while so nothing has changed... That's strange.
 Ragnarok.Flanteus
user: Flanteus
By Ragnarok.Flanteus 2013-06-08 06:56:07
Link | Quote | Reply

just wanted to say thanks, amazing addon! and I don't have any problem with it, works fine for me.
First Page 2