Gear upgrade advice, spellcast advice
 Quetzalcoatl.Jahn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: jahn
By Quetzalcoatl.Jahn 2013-04-29 12:49:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello there,

I recently came back to FFXI from a relatively long hiatus, been messing around with warrior and dark knight mainly and really come to like resolution for obvious reasons.

I think my gear's decent, but not great, my mule's gear however is crap but has the better weapon.

I'm asking today about potential upgrades for both characters, and if anyone knows how to link spellcast between them so that my mule will attack what I'm attacking and if I can make it so my main gets my mule to do resolution at the same time as the main etc, if any of this is even possible.

Main character TP
ItemSet 298983

Main character WS
ItemSet 298986

Mule character TP
ItemSet 298987

Mule character WS
ItemSet 298989

I'm already working on getting the mule bale +1/+2 stuff as that much's pretty obvious, but what are some immediate upgrades I should aim for?

And is there a better gsword that is relatively easy to obtain, preferably without spending gil, until I finish my main's rag?
Btw, both main and mule's rags are going to remain at 95 for a relatively long period of time, as I missed out on everyone making tons of gil, I'm stuck with barely 10m to my name, and even my friends who were struggling with 500k gil back when I quit, have over 20m now saying it was easy to get gil for months.

Edit
P.S Mule does not have access to adoulin yet

Edit 2
Yes, that is a regain earring on the mule, I blame my friend who was the previous owner and did the expansion without me...
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-29 12:54:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jahn said: »
Hello there,

I recently came back to FFXI from a relatively long hiatus, been messing around with warrior and dark knight mainly and really come to like resolution for obvious reasons.

I think my gear's decent, but not great, my mule's gear however is crap but has the better weapon.

I'm asking today about potential upgrades for both characters, and if anyone knows how to link spellcast between them so that my mule will attack what I'm attacking and if I can make it so my main gets my mule to do resolution at the same time as the main etc, if any of this is even possible.

Main character TP
ItemSet 298983

Main character WS
ItemSet 298986

Mule character TP
ItemSet 298987

Mule character WS
ItemSet 298989

I'm already working on getting the mule bale +1/+2 stuff as that much's pretty obvious, but what are some immediate upgrades I should aim for?

And is there a better gsword that is relatively easy to obtain, preferably without spending gil, until I finish my main's rag?
Btw, both main and mule's rags are going to remain at 95 for a relatively long period of time, as I missed out on everyone making tons of gil, I'm stuck with barely 10m to my name, and even my friends who were struggling with 500k gil back when I quit, have over 20m now saying it was easy to get gil for months.

Edit
P.S Mule does not have access to adoulin yet

What is your level of smithing craft / do you farm segments for skirmish?
By jahn 2013-04-29 13:02:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Across my characters/mules I have
20 smithing, 70 woodworking, 80 alchemy, 97 cooking, 94 fishing

I'm not sure what segments are, I've only barely heard of skirmish, it's where the augmentable weapons drop right?
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-29 13:11:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Exactly, but you can also buy some decent GS on AH:
Hatzoaar
Nvm you said you don't want to spend gils.
You can still have a friend making it for you though, so you'll have to farm the mats.
By jahn 2013-04-29 13:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll look into what's needed to farm the mats and see if I have any friends with decent smithing skill, and I can spend some gil if really needed, but I'd prefer not to since I'm still working on my main's ragnarok.