Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Red Mage Galka.... yes
Red Mage Galka.... yes
By Noken 2013-04-29 12:40:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I am a returning player and have made a Galka to adventure in Vana'deil again. I am wanting to do my fair share of soloing such as with BST/WHM , RDM, and BLU.

My questions is: Is being a Galka going to impact my ability to solo NM's and Mission Fights in a negative aspect or are all races pretty equal in the aspect of solo ability?

My major focus/concern is the MP pool of the Galka race.
Comments and Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-04-29 12:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

It'll require you play smarter, but it won't limit your capability enough to be the difference between a win and a loss. You may lose because you run out of MP (and conversely, a Taru may lose because they didn't have enough HP to take a hit), but you won't be unable to win because your MP pool is too small.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-04-29 12:50:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the nice thing about RDMs is you have to either be real spacy or work hard to run out on MPs.

Solo ability? No problem.

MPs are far less of a problem than they used to be. And Galka RSE has LOTS of MPs, handier for convert than constant use.

And speaking of convert... some gear gives MPs, some HPs and MPs, some MPs and -HPs. Arrange your convert macros so you put the -HPs on last.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-29 12:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

BST, no. RDM and BLU it can. If it's something you have to kill in one mp pool, or one and a convert, then it could be.
 Odin.Beanrod
Server: Odin
user: Beanrod
By Odin.Beanrod 2013-04-29 12:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Most content you'll venture into before true endgame stuff (i.e. abyssea) won't require a whole lot of thought around conserving MP. Make sure and get atma of the Minikin Monstrosity and you'll be good doing just about anything. Make sure and have a good idle set for in between casts and you can keep up +10mp/tic refresh outside of aby as well. I have had a Galka WHM since 75 cap and the main advice I can give you is Regen is your friend. Look into the +2 empyrean body, the serpentes set, duelist's chapeau, and nares trews (or brigid can give you some refresh panties in abyssea-altepa if you want to waste your life going 1-200 lol). The only issue I have ever ran into on my RDM is stacking INT and MND in certain slots can take away from pieces that you can stack MP in. But to each their own, I'm sure you can find a way (just as I have) to keep up with you MP well and be good at what you do. Just remember to have fun.
^.^~
By Noken 2013-04-29 16:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so talking HP/MP merits, should I just dump all of my merits 8/8 into MP. I plan on doing melee jobs too but seeing that Galkas HP is so high right now it just seems pointless. Thoughts? Maybe hybrid 2/6?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-05-24 20:01:55
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are worried about MPs then by all means 8/8 and 0/8 HP. This saves merits for other stuff.

This is also why I have an alt who is a mage. I'm Mithra melee I have HPs 8/8, MPs 0/8. She is Mithra mage and contrawise.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]