First Page 2 3 ... 9 10
By emmara 2015-02-09 01:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks for the input guys! :)
I have Regimen mitts I can use till I get something better :P
[+]
By Rainari 2015-02-09 22:51:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For the TP phase of gear, I don't mind taking a slightly less dex for more functionality over all in my opinion. The Buremete Gloves can be augmented with strength from the Paragons. Which make them a solid alternative. 20 Accuracy with 17 strength. For the hands slot, for TP, I also find Xaddi Gauntlets a very nice piece. Path C should see you have plenty of accuracy, as well as some double attack.
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-15 03:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

None of the pet gear is useful for TPing in? For example Thurandaut Ring, Hurch'lan Sash... these are just no good?

I guess they might be more useful with the update, but, is it really just not worth using any pet gear and trying to do as much damage as possible yourself?
By anik 2015-02-15 03:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what you mean.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-15 07:12:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Since the master's damage vastly outweighs the pet's contribution, it's actually detrimental to focus on pet-related equipment during TP phase.

(Edit: This will probably be even more true post-update, since our pets can open skillchains for us with no TP requirements (only charges) and the master will want to accumulate 1000+ TP as quickly as possible to take advantage of those opportunities - so giving up Haverton, Epona's, Rajas or whatever for Thurandaut would not be recommended.)

If there are pieces of equipment that are roughly equivalent for the master's sake that happen to have pet stats as well, that'd be fine, but otherwise the DPS loss just draws fights out longer and you end up wasting more resources like pet food/dawn mulsum.

Pet gear is best used for Ready moves or situations when your pet is fighting and the master is not (i.e. recovering from weakness, or standing far away from a deadly incoming AoE attack, etc)
[+]
 Asura.Crevox
Server: Asura
user: Crevox
By Asura.Crevox 2015-02-15 07:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of disappointing. :/

I look at pieces like the belt and Regimen Mittens, and I find it kind of lame that they don't belong in a BST set somehow (besides the situation you described). I'm guessing the pets just ultimately can't do enough damage to justify it? There is the issue that they don't get buffs, I guess.

SE's vision of a BST + pet combining together to DD seems to be farther off than I thought.

Quote:
(Edit: This will probably be even more true post-update, since our pets can open skillchains for us with no TP requirements (only charges) and the master will want to accumulate 1000+ TP as quickly as possible to take advantage of those opportunities - so giving up Haverton, Epona's, Rajas or whatever for Thurandaut would not be recommended.)

I can see that being the main use for it, but, wouldn't it be also good to consider the other way? They are adding TP bonuses of some kind to each pet ability. If these TP bonuses prove useful, and the damage of the pet abilities is good, wouldn't pet haste be useful to boost their TP quicker?

I guess it really just depends on the numbers, because simply using them whenever possible (rapidly) for skillchaining seems like it would be hard to beat.
 Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk
Guide Maker
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Falkirk
By Quetzalcoatl.Falkirk 2015-02-15 07:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good point - we don't really know how strong these TP bonuses will be. Guess we'll have to wait and see! :)

Something to keep in mind is that the majority of jug pets are Warriors and have TP Bonus+500 from Fencer V, combined with TP Bonus+500 from Ferine Manoplas +2, which means you've got Pet:TP+1000 on top of whatever else your pet earned in the 15~30 seconds it took you to gain enough TP to WS.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10