Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG guide where
DRG guide where
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-04-22 15:59:14
Link | Quote | Reply

If someone does make a guide, don't forget to include stuff pertaining to /mage in it too. Like max HP Set for healing proc in precast and potency equips in post cast, or if trying to target a party member even reduced HP in equips precast and potency in post cast. I know people are mostly concerned about maximizing their damage in parses, but to me this is one of the cooler and more unique factors in DRG that you just don't have on those other DDs.
By Ophannus 2013-04-22 15:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

TP hardly affects Healing Breaths too. Lets face it, when /melee, Wyverns are worthless, they're floating D50 swords with like 300 delay. They're there for proxy for Spirit/Soul Jump latent effects.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-22 16:01:32
Link | Quote | Reply

All they would need to do is delete the wyvern TP portion of their breath formula then. That would appease everybody with just a simple step.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 16:07:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Breaths still kill the wyverns dps with the charge up time and delay after every breath, particularly with how fast drg can ws.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-04-22 16:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
All they would need to do is delete the wyvern TP portion of their breath formula then. That would appease everybody with just a simple step.

That would be a great start, but we are still left with the overly long charge up time pretty much completely preventing the wyvern from doing anything else, besides ~20 damage breaths in high haste situations.

:(
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 17:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Dayum... this slightly got off the topic of making a DRG Guide :P
By Ophannus 2013-04-22 17:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

In low haste situations (just WHM haste, no marches), you can usually Spirit Link and get 20-30% TP back between a WS with Spirit Link(if its up) so when jumps are down, it can at times save you a hit. It helops if you have the pet tp plugin so you can keep track of your pet's TP at all times.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-23 07:23:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Spirit Link is amazing when building TP for AM3, just watch your wyverns TP and work out when stealing it would put you to 300%, helps a lot~.

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Breaths still kill the wyverns dps with the charge up time and delay after every breath, particularly with how fast drg can ws.

The big problem is most mobs are resistant to breath damage so wyvern breaths don't really do anything. If I could turn wyvern breaths off so it just melee'd none stop then I would.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-23 07:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wish it took all the wyverns TP rather than half. It's not like he's using it. <,<;

Or better yet, Just gimme a JA that makes the wyverns TP feed straight into mine on hit. An AM3 wyvern would be nuts. XD
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-23 07:33:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm fine with half of it, but the wyvern uses it TP when you use yours so its like wtf stupid.