2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » DRG guide where
DRG guide where
First Page 2 3 4
By jamver 2013-04-21 20:52:40
Link | Quote | Reply

From checking the forums seems like almost every job has a guide. I know DRG still considered lol, Unless mythic. But its my fave job anyway
[+]
By Rendra 2013-04-21 21:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, i wish someone would make one D:
 Cerberus.Quintow
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Quintow
By Cerberus.Quintow 2013-04-22 01:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I third this request^^
By duos 2013-04-22 03:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Its right under rng guide can't you guys see..
 Ragnarok.Tuvae
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tuvae
By Ragnarok.Tuvae 2013-04-22 03:40:45
Link | Quote | Reply

jamver said: »
From checking the forums seems like almost every job has a guide. I know DRG still considered lol, Unless mythic. But its my fave job anyway
LIES! Change your avatar if its your favourite job.
[+]
 Bahamut.Havelock
Server: Bahamut
user: Havelock
By Bahamut.Havelock 2013-04-22 03:46:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quick chart for DRG job consideration:

Do you have DRG mythic:
- Yes - play DRG
- No - change job :)
[+]
By Ophannus 2013-04-22 04:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I have LONG considered making one but I don't have the time these days. If anything I wouldn't mind collaborating with someone(I can do the writeup but I'm not good at formatting the template and making it look pretty). Also I'm pretty decent with the mathy stuff but not like Prothescar/Nightfyre/Motenten/Byrthnoth/Sylow level so I feel like I'd be doing a disservice by not discussing all the mathology(see their guides) in detail. If there's enough demand I guess I can work on it and someone else can contribute the math.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 04:54:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd make one but I'm too busy T.T
[+]
By Artemicion 2013-04-22 05:01:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »

I'd be more than willing to wait it out if you author the guide.
As vigilant as you've been for the windower project, you owe it to yourself to do what you want to do.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-22 05:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 07:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said: »

I'd be more than willing to wait it out if you author the guide.
As vigilant as you've been for the windower project, you owe it to yourself to do what you want to do.

I might start working on one... could be interesting to get some feedback on my stuff too I guess.
 Phoenix.Lillicarnage
Server: Phoenix
user: Lillica
By Phoenix.Lillicarnage 2013-04-22 07:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever makes one better put in at least one Kris Kross reference!
[+]
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 07:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »

I was thinking "White DRGs can't jump"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 07:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Lillicarnage said: »

I was thinking "White DRGs can't jump"
Drg/whm?
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 08:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lCf6143zNIfV73eo3Rh2qfdbG360eJ6HSLEDqKERp0E/edit?usp=sharing I started it >.> Now back to work D:
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-22 08:10:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Last time I was on DRG (this is coming from a "drg is my first 75 / DRG5LYFE / I can play my drg well enough to beat your sam/war/jobofthemonth, from NA release until abyssea era player) my attack was actually lower than most of my 1-hand jobs.

You can have the best gear, best skill, best reaction time (not to sound too arrogant... just bitter) and still only perform as a ho-hum average dd. This disparity is only getting worse with time, not better.

It breaks my heart everytime I think about it. I'm not loldrg piling on, I assure you. I hung up the spurs because of the difficulty of drg to proc for abyssea. I left them hung up because I couldn't justify pulling it back out.

That being said: Start by making yourself more attractive to the potential group. Make sure your angon is fully merited, and relic hands as well. Start saying things casually to group leaders like "I heard some legion shells actually bring rdm for Dia III". If SE does decide to do something to help DRG, you'll be way ahead of the curve and I'll have to eat my words here.
I'll be happy too because I might just be able to justify dusting it off.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 08:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I never had a problem holding my own on DRG, even before Mythic... They're not as bad as people claim, ok, they're no bandwagonroks or anything but a non-mythic drg can still do very well. Mythic on the otherhand is a completely different thing, I out parse people with no problem.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-22 08:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh I never had a problem holding my own on DRG, even before Mythic... They're not as bad as people claim, ok, they're no bandwagonroks or anything but a non-mythic drg can still do very well. Mythic on the otherhand is a completely different thing, I out parse people with no problem.

People are one thing. Yourself is another. I outparse "people" on drg but I'd kick the ***out of a clone of myself anyday.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
By Siren.Ihm 2013-04-22 08:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

People are one thing. Yourself is another. I outparse "people" on drg but I'd kick the ***out of a clone of myself anyday.

What...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-22 09:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

He means if he could go head to head against himself on drg and himself on another job he does better on the other job by a large margin. And I do agree, if you have the capacity to go balls to the wall on drg and win parses, you'd probably do better(in most situations) on another job. Sans Ryuu of course.

Regardless, I'm not leveling another heavy dd, drg may be harder to get top tier gear for and you have to put a lot more in to get anywhere, but drg's the only heavy dd I'm interested in. If I was willing to put that kinda work in to war or something, I'd do more damage but I don't care for war.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-04-22 09:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he means, him, on a job like drk, would outparse "his" drg.
Edit : Beaten

One thing to take into consideration, that wasn't true months ago, is the ability the shed hate as drg.

Back in abyssea time, and mainy prior to the defense/dmg taken nerf, every DD could call himself a tank basicly. Toss some pdt gear on, and voila, you're a tank.

Now with the nerf, (and I see that from things like odin v2), you can't tank like you used to do before. One ws from adds (still odin) could rape you, and that's usually what happens. The "stronger" DD gets hate, and end up dieing with a critical+ws combo.

Drg can still go all out, but with a timed super jump/high jump, you can shed hate, and still pull out decent dmg.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-22 09:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean like.... I don't play to beat other people anymore so much as I play to beat myself. If I were walking away with a 19% parse on ADL as DRK, I would be parsing 8% as drg etc.

I'll just let it go (after all I have herja's on my wanted list). I just wish they'd like..... have a player dev team or something.

Carbuncle.Shadowreapper said: »
One thing to take into consideration, that wasn't true months ago, is the ability the shed hate as drg.

Back in abyssea time, and mainy prior to the defense/dmg taken nerf, every DD could call himself a tank basicly. Toss some pdt gear on, and voila, you're a tank.

Now with the nerf, (and I see that from things like odin v2), you can't tank like you used to do before. One ws from adds (still odin) could rape you, and that's usually what happens. The "stronger" DD gets hate, and end up dieing with a critical+ws combo.

Drg can still go all out, but with a timed super jump/high jump, you can shed hate, and still pull out decent dmg.

This is true. I also can't ALWAYS ride last resort with impunity the way I did before (I imagine it's the same with berserk).

DRG would still eat AOE attacks, but could, in theory, fire off berserk consistently. Once they change last resort mechanics, DRG might have a new subjob.
By Ophannus 2013-04-22 10:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I could contribute some gear sets, PDT/DT,breaths. Also a don't forget to mention DRG has Conserve TP V according to JPwiki(27% proc rate at 97, +3% per tier) and Critical Defense Bonus(up to tier III, same level as DNC gets Crit Att bonus)
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2013-04-22 10:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

God, how I wish we'd got crit atk+ instead of def....
[+]
By mcclane 2013-04-22 10:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

/equip ammo angon
/ja "angon" <t>

That's all you need drgs!
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-04-22 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

mcclane said: »
/equip ammo angon
equip hands "wyrm finger gauntlet +2"
/ja "angon" <t>

That's all you need drgs!
Fixed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-22 10:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

excluding skirmish, and mythic, is corsesca still respectable or am I missing something (aside from the herja's no one wants to sell me).
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-04-22 10:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Corsesca with oat is still one of the best non rm weapon, besides herja and soa weapons.
Mythic > skirmish, dependign on augment > Gung 99 > herja/wildskeeper > oat.
Don't think i've missed soemthing.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-22 10:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Delphinus cause it glows.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4