Forum » Windower » General » Scoreboard
Scoreboard
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-04-21 20:39:25
Link | Quote | Reply

did they change the way Scoreboard Parses? i used to be able to sit idle (on bst, or BLM) and still see the parse, now i have to engage a mob to "unpause" it.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-04-30 23:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Reddwarf said: »
did they change the way Scoreboard Parses? i used to be able to sit idle (on bst, or BLM) and still see the parse, now i have to engage a mob to "unpause" it.
Sorry, I just saw this. The way "in combat" is being determined changed within the Windower core. It's being looked into!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-05-06 11:39:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Sorry, I just saw this. The way "in combat" is being determined changed within the Windower core. It's being looked into!

a Linkshell mate uses Scoreboard too and does not have this problem, his records 100% of the time, Idle or Engaged. i even downloaded a new Battlemod.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-05-06 12:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

a Linkshell mate uses Scoreboard too and does not have this problem, his records 100% of the time, Idle or Engaged. i even downloaded a new Battlemod.
It has nothing to do with Battlemod.

Windower exposes a field we can query to indicate "in combat." I made Scoreboard only accumulate damage/dps/etc whenever this is true, in an attempt to keep it from doing too much busy work during downtime, as well as to try to maintain a more accurate estimation of true DPS. In the simplest terms, Windower's "in combat" query is true whenever you have battle music playing or you're engaged. The former is unfortunately affected by the /battlebgm toggle.

When I initially wrote and tested this mechanic, it was fine for all people as far as I know. ie, just provoking would cause one to be considered in combat and if anyone in your alliance was in combat, you would also be in combat. But something changed. I've gotten varied reports from people about it no longer working or working inconsistently.

So like I mentioned before, some ideas were tossed around about how to make this "in combat" query more accurate and indeed Mafai pushed out this change, but the issue seems to still be there. This probably means I should solve it on the Scoreboard side, since there actually isn't any clean solution that could be done at the core Windower level.

Anyways, thanks for your patience with this. I was hoping Mafai's fix would have sorted this out for folks but I'll consider what I can do on my end.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Reddwarf
By Lakshmi.Reddwarf 2013-05-06 15:21:11
Link | Quote | Reply

sorry, i meant i downloaded a fresh Scoreboard, not Battlemod., thankyou for your Reply.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-05-17 21:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Is it possible to introduce a command that tells SB to ignore the "in combat" flag and just parse anyway? Delve fractures are a good example, the music never changes and SB is only parsing when I'm engaged which is leading to incorrect results.
 Quetzalcoatl.Prophett
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Prophett 2013-05-26 22:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a bit more interesting problem with scoreboard, Mine only starts recording if I get KO'd. I am unsure why this is happening.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2607 days between previous and next post]
By sumo 2020-07-15 22:37:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the Necro, just seemed like the most appropriate place to ask; but is there a way to introduce a healing parse to SB?
 Asura.Chiaia
VIP
Server: Asura
user: Demmis
By Asura.Chiaia 2020-07-16 00:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

sumo said: »
Sorry for the Necro, just seemed like the most appropriate place to ask; but is there a way to introduce a healing parse to SB?
If someone was willing to do this I highly recommend they do it for the "parse" addon instead of scoreboard. Parse already tracks more things then SB does.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [103 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-26 20:56:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can’t find anything on here or in that link on how to actually get Parse to work, I downloaded and added to addon file in windower but it doesn’t seem to be working.
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-26 21:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Should just be a switch you check on in windower then in game basic functions are //sb visible, //sb report ,//sb reset. Also //sb help ,tells you more.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 21:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Parse is a totally different addon than Scoreboard.

But everything you need to know is right there on the github. Load it like any other lua.
Quote:
//parse show (melee|ranged|magic|defense) Toggles visibility of each display box.
[+]
By drakefs 2020-10-26 21:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Eightball said: »
I can’t find anything on here or in that link on how to actually get Parse to work, I downloaded and added to addon file in windower but it doesn’t seem to be working.

I assume you are trying to use the Parse addon and not Scoreboard, if so
Code
//lua l parse

to load it up

https://github.com/flippant/parse list the other commands for filtering and reporting
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-26 21:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

When I type //Lua load parse it said >error loading parse: file does not exist.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 21:43:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you saved the file in the wrong spot / wrong name

It's straight forward
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-26 21:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

That’s what I though. So renamed the file to just “parse” and now it works.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 21:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean yeah... what did you previously name the file? Parser or parse-master etc?
 Shiva.Eightball
By Shiva.Eightball 2020-10-26 22:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Copied strait from download to addon so kept -master
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-26 22:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

At least you know now and got it working
[+]
 Asura.Jdove
user: erasmuss
By Asura.Jdove 2020-10-28 19:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Parse is a totally different addon than Scoreboard.
Oh I see, I thought he was trying to get scoreboard to show the parse guess the thread title confused me. My bad.
[+]