Help De-gimp A Returning Player?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Help de-gimp a returning player?
Help de-gimp a returning player?
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-15 18:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kharlan said: »
Ah, I see. The new gear is pretty ridiculous... What would you suggest putting in the Earring slot instead of Roundel?

beatific earring provides the best skill in slot and is probably your next best piece for any non-potency gear. It also adds Divine so useful for your Flash and Repose spells for up and coming WHMs who aren't capped in those skills yet.

To be honest, since you already have a gifted earring, I'd stick with that for now. It's not much, but any method to help you increase your efficiency is useful, especially since you do not have Orison Pantaloons +2 yet and your Cure set is not at 50% potency just yet.

I'm not sure of your luck getting Bokwus gloves, but if you can get them, go for it!
 Asura.Kharlan
Server: Asura
user: Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2013-05-15 19:32:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Spiraboo said: »
Not exactly a piece that benefits stats for whm as such, but I'd suggest spending some time in Gustav Tunnel with your MNK to try get a Liminus Earring from the chest if you haven't got one, and just wear that as one of your earring until your skills are capped. Really makes a difference in skilling up your magic skills! getting your healing skills/enfeebling/divine/enhancing up faster will probably be more valuable than getting extra MND/MP on your ear.

After camping Gustav for 2 hours, I've given up on getting that lol. When the brown casket does actually drop, they give me crappy hints and I have like a 1/3 chance of guessing correctly. ~_~
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2013-05-15 19:35:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »
Ah, I see. The new gear is pretty ridiculous... What would you suggest putting in the Earring slot instead of Roundel?

beatific earring provides the best skill in slot and is probably your next best piece for any non-potency gear. It also adds Divine so useful for your Flash and Repose spells for up and coming WHMs who aren't capped in those skills yet.

To be honest, since you already have a gifted earring, I'd stick with that for now. It's not much, but any method to help you increase your efficiency is useful, especially since you do not have Orison Pantaloons +2 yet and your Cure set is not at 50% potency just yet.

I'm not sure of your luck getting Bokwus gloves, but if you can get them, go for it!

Thanks again. I suppose I'll just worry about getting my Arka and +2 gear for now. :)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2013-06-14 20:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

My set has made a lot of progress, but my Waist piece is still stuck at Penitent's Rope. Since I don't have the seals (and haven't heard much of any interest) for the BCNM to get Bishop's Sash + it's non-existent on the AH on Asura, I was looking for some kind of upgrade. I could go with the Pythia Sash which is only about 100k on the AH.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-15 08:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

best advice: Quit FFXI and just wait for the superior game, FFXIV.
You'll come over sooner or later anyway, so might aswell save yourself the time wasted time on XI.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-06-15 09:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
You'll come over sooner or later anyway, so might aswell save yourself the time wasted time on XI.

Best advice is to play WoW and don't touch any MMO that's not WoW, it's superior MMO and other MMO just copy it anyways :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2013-06-15 09:52:11
Link | Quote | Reply

laugh
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-15 14:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My set has made a lot of progress, but my Waist piece is still stuck at Penitent's Rope. Since I don't have the seals (and haven't heard much of any interest) for the BCNM to get Bishop's Sash + it's non-existent on the AH on Asura, I was looking for some kind of upgrade. I could go with the Pythia Sash which is only about 100k on the AH.

cascade belt makes a good alternative if you're looking for something to put in that slot. It has the highest MND in that slot for White Mages ATM and can also act as an Enhancing piece as well. Can be used for Cures and max potency Enfeebles. ^^
[+]
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2013-06-15 15:06:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »

Go troll somewhere else, I'm asking for actual advice.

cascade belt makes a good alternative if you're looking for something to put in that slot. It has the highest MND in that slot for White Mages ATM and can also act as an Enhancing piece as well. Can be used for Cures and max potency Enfeebles. ^^

Ah, I had seen that piece somewhere and forgot about it! Thanks, as always, Ghishlain. Do you think the +2-3 MND is worth losing the -Enmity from Penitent's / Pythia?
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-06-15 15:13:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I had seen that piece somewhere and forgot about it! Thanks, as always, Ghishlain. Do you think the +2-3 MND is worth losing the -Enmity from Penitent's / Pythia?

To be honest, it depends on your content. I currently run with a maximized power set for my Cures because I don't normally have enmity issues (and when I do, I tank a hit and not give a dang because of the Galka sized HP pool). There are some players who ride maximized -enmity set in their sets. I think it's a matter of comfort level.

As it stands right now, since you're an up and coming White Mage, I'd focus more on power because you won't be participating in much high end content requiring enmity management to the level people may need for high end content (Odin v2 and Delve NM fights). If you're capped or near capped on Healing Magic Skill, Tranquil Heart will keep your hate levels down for the time being.
By Chyula 2013-06-15 15:21:25
Link | Quote | Reply

we don't need gimped whm in Asura for SoA contents.
 Asura.Kharlan
By Asura.Kharlan 2013-06-15 15:51:01
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest, it depends on your content. I currently run with a maximized power set for my Cures because I don't normally have enmity issues (and when I do, I tank a hit and not give a dang because of the Galka sized HP pool). There are some players who ride maximized -enmity set in their sets. I think it's a matter of comfort level.

As it stands right now, since you're an up and coming White Mage, I'd focus more on power because you won't be participating in much high end content requiring enmity management to the level people may need for high end content (Odin v2 and Delve NM fights). If you're capped or near capped on Healing Magic Skill, Tranquil Heart will keep your hate levels down for the time being.

Understandable. Thanks for the post.

Chyula said: »
we don't need gimped whm in Asura for SoA contents.

Oh, Chyula.<3