Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » +2 Soloing
+2 Soloing
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-03-29 16:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering if anyone knows some good NMs to solo +2 items as THF/DNC ot NIN/DNC. I know Ovni is one, same with Fuath. Outside of those two I'm unsure if I should just duo most.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-03-29 16:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

THF/NIN + BLM/WHM is a great duo. Can do 95% of mobs that way.

I never took the solo route, so can't say about that.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-03-29 16:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ule boss for the hands.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-03-29 16:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ironclad Cleaver in Attohwa and Ironclad Executioner in Vunkerl abyssea are super easy to solo as an evasion tank. Further, with THF or /THF TH you can regularly get two +2 upgrade items from each.

Although they both have some heavily-damaging TP moves, neither one does Ballistic Kick so you should never be in danger. You can easily solo-complete all twenty +2 hands (jewel/card/stone/coin of wieldance) from doing just these two Iron Giants. They repop every 15 mins or so and very few people farm them anymore.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Server: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-03-29 17:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Those NM are so easy and I've spammed them so many times that they didn't even register in my mind for this thread, thank you schultz lol.

You can literally throw on full tp gear, use RR GH SD during the day and walk up to executioner then afk while you kill him on thf
At first I laughed at the exaggeration, then I cried when I realized it was true.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
Server: Lakshmi
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2013-03-30 07:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Ironclad Cleaver in Attohwa and Ironclad Executioner in Vunkerl abyssea are super easy to solo as an evasion tank. Further, with THF or /THF TH you can regularly get two +2 upgrade items from each.

Thanks a bunch for this, although i wouldn't afk while farming them, they are very easy to handle! Just solo'd exec twice now. CCs read over looks a tad rough : \.

Anything else on the list :)?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daichi
Server: Asura
user: Tahona
By Asura.Daichi 2013-04-12 10:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I know this is the wrong forum but I don't feel like making new thread. Could nin solo CC as well? My thf is far from geared and I'd like to get lanterns/+2 items.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Server: Bahamut
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-12 11:19:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry, what atma is SD? >.<
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-12 11:23:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Nvm - Sea Daugther
 Sylph.Shadida
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadida 2013-04-12 11:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

edit: Beat me to it.

The Ironclad are easy enough that I'm almost done with +2 hands items, and hardly even have any +1 hands yet, lol. Frustrated with the body +1 and +2 items. Haven't tried soloing Blanga yet, but thinking of trying that later.
By daddyrabbit4444 2013-04-12 11:26:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he meant to say SS saigain sckyth
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-12 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

No he meant SD, as he states in the day. And during the day SD gives you a 30/tick regen.
By itchi508 2013-04-12 11:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Glaciont said: »
Wondering if anyone knows some good NMs to solo +2 items as THF/DNC ot NIN/DNC. I know Ovni is one, same with Fuath. Outside of those two I'm unsure if I should just duo most.
Depends what you want/need and how well you nin is geared.

Nin can solo almost all of abysea minus dragua Rani and VNM T3 maybe on scale of a solo challenge. Thf can do most with more of a challenge/risk

Rest are all soloable so Most any +2 you want can be done as nin/war farm KI and nin/dnc to kill NM, same goes for all 85 emps.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-04-12 11:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »

Nin can solo almost all of abysea minus dragua Rani and VNM T3 maybe on scale of a solo challenge. Thf can do most with more of a challenge/risk

Rest are all soloable so Most any +2 you want can be done as nin/war farm KI and nin/dnc to kill NM, same goes for all 85 emps.

You mean most 85 emps, i'd like to see you solo Chloris.
By itchi508 2013-04-12 11:48:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »

You mean most 85 emps, i'd like to see you solo Chloris.
All i say is lol
By itchi508 2013-04-12 11:53:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Chloris aint hard just gota stun or hope to god u get doom off, with the rings that enhance holy waters its not a issue.
Done it dnc/pld and blu/rdm. Blu is best as u can stun lock em 90% of your fight. Nin can be done but lil more challenging as shadows are usless on chloris. Theres far more challenging NMs solo such as orthus, isgebing, glavoid, any of the cats (minus rani) and ZBs are all harder but def soloable.
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2013-04-12 11:56:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes very much Lol, Chloris solo as thf/dnc is very easy, with holies and some temps champions/stalwarts just to speed it up. The only thing that could fk you over is terror during fatal scream.

edit : even then you could pd kill weakened or even tank weak and still wouldnt die to physical attacks.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-04-12 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll just put in my 2 cents about CC. I solod a decent portion of my lanterns for Armageddon on nin/dnc. If I recall correctly, he always uses 2 TP moves in a row, so run away after the first one and you can always avoid the second.

Post deleted by User.
By itchi508 2013-04-12 12:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said: »
I'll just put in my 2 cents about CC. I solod a decent portion of my lanterns for Armageddon on nin/dnc. If I recall correctly, he always uses 2 TP moves in a row, so run away after the first one and you can always avoid the second.
Just run after seismic tail as his 2nd will be sleep, vile belch, mayam lantern, Gnash or another seismic tail. Best luck is to jus run and avoid the risk. also using poison pots is a good idea.
Also a good tip. Put on /blockaid as anyone could cure u or haste etc and if u get slept and get a hate reset u could lose ur claim.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Daichi
Server: Asura
user: Tahona
By Asura.Daichi 2013-04-12 12:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks all for the advice.
By itchi508 2013-04-12 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Phoenix.Kirana said: »
Just run after seismic tail as his 2nd will be sleep, vile belch, mayam lantern, Gnash or another seismic tail. Best luck is to jus run and avoid the risk. also using poison pots is a good idea.
Nah that's a terrible idea. he can deathgnash for a first tp move which lets the poison instant kill you

Just turn and fight without facing him like my previous post
This is also true. He does occ do /ja w/o a seismic tail 1st it seems to be like 1/7 ish not to often.

When i solod mine i walk backwards in a large circle wile targeting him soon as a /ja goes i just unlock my target. Thats safest way. I always use pots even thos the risk of nash could result in insta death. But sleep > charm could result in loss of claim if people are around so ither way you got pro/cons

Post deleted by User.
[+]