Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-03-27 12:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
It was meant as a general sweeping statment regarding whats being discussed. People always QQ about when something which appears to be better will beat their shiney.. then.. they realise.. oh wait it doesnt...
There appears to be nothing in this update that touches Ukon, which would be the only thing I personally have reason to worry about. That said, the weapons that DID get released are enough of an indicator of future content, that it's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing. It's roughly analogous to the 80 cap, a lot of 75 gear was still relevant then, but you could pretty easily deduce your 75 gear was on the way out, as 80 was the tip of the iceberg. The difference is, they gave relic owners a chance to keep up then. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Except some of the 75 armour is still perfectly relevant in the modern gear sets E body is just one of them....

I understand the concept and no it is not difficult to grasp...

But look at E body... and other armours from 75 era that ARE still relevant in todays gear sets. Not everything including current weapons are suddenly going to become complete ***.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 12:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

It was meant as a general sweeping statment regarding whats being discussed. People always QQ about when something which appears to be better will beat their shiney.. then.. they realise.. oh wait it doesnt...
There appears to be nothing in this update that touches Ukon, which would be the only thing I personally have reason to worry about. That said, the weapons that DID get released are enough of an indicator of future content, that it's pretty obvious which way the wind is blowing. It's roughly analogous to the 80 cap, a lot of 75 gear was still relevant then, but you could pretty easily deduce your 75 gear was on the way out, as 80 was the tip of the iceberg. The difference is, they gave relic owners a chance to keep up then. This is not a difficult concept to grasp.

Except some of the 75 armour is still perfectly relevant in the modern gear sets E body is just one of them....

I understand the concept and no it is not difficult to grasp...

But look at E body... and other armours from 75 era that ARE still relevant in todays gear sets. Not everything including current weapons are suddenly going to become complete ***.

The director didn't explicitly say that he had no further plans to enhance those items. This is not the case for R/M/E.

Had they been left as they were, they would be almost uniformly obsolete.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-03-27 12:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Except some of the 75 armour is still perfectly relevant in the modern gear sets E body is just one of them.... I understand the concept and no it is not difficult to grasp... But look at E body... and other armours from 75 era that ARE still relevant in todays gear sets. Not everything including current weapons are suddenly going to become complete ***.
The director didn't explicitly say that he had no further plans to enhance those items. This is not the case for R/M/E. Had they been left as they were, they would be almost uniformly obsolete.

And by the same token we are not going through a huge transition of 75-99.

We are staying the same lvl id be very suprised if a few months from now they suddenly released a 195 base dmg GA or something.

Maybe they have plans for more ws? maybe plans to further adjust the merit ws... who knows... if they do then yea that in itself may well blow out the need of empys... atm its just speculation.
 Valefor.Abeo
Server: Valefor
user: Vabeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2013-03-27 12:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So R/M/E owners are unable equip these new weapons? Some sort of latent where you can't have a legendary weapon in your inventory along with these recently added ones?
 Valefor.Abeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2013-03-27 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, sarcasm font on the above post. My bad.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-03-27 12:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Abeo said: »
So R/M/E owners are unable equip these new weapons? Some sort of latent where you can't have a legendary weapon in your inventory along with these recently added ones?

For empys... not really they take barely any time to build...

Relics meh they do take some form of grind... which is longer than empys if your soloing.

Mythics... yea there is an invisible latent where you aint takin it off? and why? it is the hardest weapon in the game to build... if I was a mythic holder right now i think id be pretty pissed at them saying they arent going to be further improved....

Again though thats ASSUMING they WILL bring out far and above superior weapons to certain mythics/relics/empys.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-03-27 12:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Mythics... yea there is an invisible latent where you aint takin it off? and why? it is the hardest weapon in the game to build... if I was a mythic holder right now i think id be pretty pissed at them saying they arent going to be further improved....
Depends which mythic.

My mannequin is perfectly fine wearing his locked Nagi.
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 12:30:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Except some of the 75 armour is still perfectly relevant in the modern gear sets E body is just one of them.... I understand the concept and no it is not difficult to grasp... But look at E body... and other armours from 75 era that ARE still relevant in todays gear sets. Not everything including current weapons are suddenly going to become complete ***.
The director didn't explicitly say that he had no further plans to enhance those items. This is not the case for R/M/E. Had they been left as they were, they would be almost uniformly obsolete.

And by the same token we are not going through a huge transition of 75-99.

We are staying the same lvl id be very suprised if a few months from now they suddenly released a 195 base dmg GA or something.

Maybe they have plans for more ws? maybe plans to further adjust the merit ws... who knows... if they do then yea that in itself may well blow out the need of empys... atm its just speculation.

Have you read all of Matsui's posts?

Matsui said: »
Level Design of Seekers of Adoulin
For those players who have reached level 99, the main focus of growth is equipment. We envision a play cycle where players take on content with their current gear in order to collect equipment with better stats, and then take on more difficult content to procure even better equipment.

We are currently working to make it so there is a common gauge for equipment and content (let's call it content levels for the time being), and to create index data that will allow those who are implementing equipment and content to have a more objective understanding of the equipment stats and monster strength. Ultimately I would like to be able to release information indicating the content level to all of you adventurers. While this is still in a phase where work needs to be done, I'm getting the feeling that things are coming together bit by bit.

When he's saying that he's releasing gear strong enough to create a "virtual level," in the vein of, say, Tera's item levels, that's a pretty *** big leap.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-03-27 12:31:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
My mannequin is perfectly fine wearing his locked Nagi.

how rude

what about me and that one other guy on shiva or whatever

when will se start considering the needs of the 0.00001% of players
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2013-03-27 12:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Please refer to my post regarding the consequences of FFXI moving to the standardized "gear treadmill" model.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37060/new-adoulin-gk-with-140-dmg#2271899
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2013-03-27 12:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Please refer to my post regarding the consequences of FFXI moving to the standardized "gear treadmill" model. http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37060/new-adoulin-gk-with-140-dmg#2271899

you hit the nail on the head there.
[+]
 Valefor.Abeo
By Valefor.Abeo 2013-03-27 12:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Please refer to my post regarding the consequences of FFXI moving to the standardized "gear treadmill" model.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37060/new-adoulin-gk-with-140-dmg#2271899

Strong points made there that I agree with, much more thought out than the "my dagger isn't the *** anymore, waaahhh" vibe I had been getting through some of this thread.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-03-27 12:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Point well made Ana. Unfortunately, I don't know that there's any other option at this point. They already killed off the old content, and much of the old gear has been trivialized, the only outliers being the cream of the crop. Abyssea was the nail in that coffin I believe, but in my opinion it was an ingenious move... that they just failed to capitalize on. We needed more and more content to replace the old content that was made near obsolete, like the mass of content that was Abyssea. It was a fresh idea and perspective that, if they followed through with, I believe, would've given the game more than a second wind.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [52 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Chefm
Server: Asura
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2013-05-18 13:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

My question is. I'm 49/70 on the last stage of my Manadau but with all the new daggers that just came out, is it even worth finishing my relic?
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2013-05-18 13:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Might as well finish it while currency is cheap. because once upgrades come out, they are gonna sky rocket again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-18 13:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

is nobody else going to touch this

ms cleo up in this ***
[+]
By Voren 2013-05-19 09:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chefm said: »
My question is. I'm 49/70 on the last stage of my Manadau but with all the new daggers that just came out, is it even worth finishing my relic?

If SE is considering adjusting r/e/m like the huge post suggests, then you'd kick yourself for not finishing. You're probably closer now, but you were 21 away from a loan to finish the longest part of the relic.

Getting to 95 will take about a week if you slow play it or have a limited LS to help with dyna beauc and xarca fights. You can hold off on 99ing it until we see what the improvements, if any, will be, and still obtain a great weapon for use until you get one of the delve weapons.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-05-19 10:19:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Skeero said: »
Might as well finish it while currency is cheap. because once upgrades come out, they are gonna sky rocket again.

They won't because assclowns can't wait ten minutes before going.. "WHY AREN'T MY ITEMS SELLING. UNDERCUT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-19 10:47:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Oldmancebi said: »

They won't because assclowns can't wait ten minutes before going.. "WHY AREN'T MY ITEMS SELLING. UNDERCUT GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
if you honestly believe the value is higher than people are selling for, the logical move is to buy all the cheap currency and reprice it higher

you know, instead of crying that economics are working like economics
[+]
By Voren 2013-05-19 11:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

if you honestly believe the value is higher than people are selling for, the logical move is to buy all the cheap currency and reprice it higher

I did this with devious die for a bit, but it's still simple economics: supply/demand. On Bismarck people are still farming currency, but many have moved on to delve, so supply > demand.

I thought people were going to stop farming dyna tbh. If you're not farming a relic you can actually make more money farming other areas unless you're pulling 300+/run in dyna, and if solo on certain jobs that's not always going to happen.
 Bismarck.Oldmancebi
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Oldmancebi 2013-05-19 11:38:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »

I would, but that honestly wouldn't change anything considering how accessible Dynamis is now, and I'm sorry for being whiny / shitty / negative and going off topic.
It was unnecessary and childish. Getting undercut like for the 3rd week now on like every item I attempt to flog is getting to me ._.

Anywho~ I believe you should keep going and complete Mandau. I know there isn't a time frame on when they're going to augment the R/M/E for the time being and honestly, it sucks, but I promise you if and when they do, you'll not regret it.

I often thought when I was making Excalibur that I should just abandon it considering when I was making it on and off between the last 3~4 years mythics got announced, RDM getting less appealing, Emp weapons, BLU being more fun, but I was patient and even now with these new weapons I do not regret making Excalibur!

There's always going to be content that SE will release that will contest / trump other equipment but if you pursue and complete your relic and SE (whenever they decide to~) update R/M/E closer to Delve/ whatever weapons they're called... You know that it'll be worth all that effort you put it in and you'll love it!
 Valefor.Anethesia
By Valefor.Anethesia 2013-05-19 18:15:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I would finish it were I you. Still an accomplishment, and it will be upgraded later as well. I would hope SE would keep relics' dignity intact while designing the upgrade features.
[+]