Twilight Scythe Nerf?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Twilight Scythe nerf?
Twilight Scythe nerf?
 Lakshmi.Abaddon
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: terry
By Lakshmi.Abaddon 2013-03-26 10:04:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know about whats going on with this?
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2013-03-26 10:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

JPs made a fuss on the official forums asking for a nerf, so SE kept giving announcements about it and how they were considering nerfing it in various ways.

No clue why they wanted it on a niche weapon, but seems enough of them raised a ruckus to cause it based on I think... a Camate post announcing the plans to nerf it down.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-26 10:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The non-elemental damage will now be an enchantment.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
Server: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2013-03-26 10:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Additional Effect: Useless
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-26 10:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just wonder what caused such an uproar. Was it too game-breaking? Was it making the samurai with Murasamemarus feel too boxed out? Was it making their precious strategies for defeating otherwise melee-weak mobs obsolete?

Seriously. Whatever. I guess I can pitch it now for inventory +1.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-26 10:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Was probably the same people who complained that defense wasn't useful enough.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-26 10:42:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if it will be active during ws as well? Pretty much sad it was a nice toy for very few situations. The idiots that play are why we can't have nice things.....
[+]
By Zigfield 2013-03-26 10:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I just wonder what caused such an uproar. Was it too game-breaking? Was it making the samurai with Murasamemarus feel too boxed out? Was it making their precious strategies for defeating otherwise melee-weak mobs obsolete?

Seriously. Whatever. I guess I can pitch it now for inventory +1.

From my understanding it was the same people who also said they wanted a weapon that did the same thing. So either everyone gets one or no one gets one type of thing. I am pretty sure the only reason Mura isn't on their radar yet is because it is not as accessible. I am pretty pissed about the nerf myself. Nerf > Helpful Updates. We get this versus any update on new 1 hour abilities. Typical.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2013-03-26 11:15:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Zigfield said: »
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
I just wonder what caused such an uproar. Was it too game-breaking? Was it making the samurai with Murasamemarus feel too boxed out? Was it making their precious strategies for defeating otherwise melee-weak mobs obsolete? Seriously. Whatever. I guess I can pitch it now for inventory +1.
From my understanding it was the same people who also said they wanted a weapon that did the same thing. So either everyone gets one or no one gets one type of thing. I am pretty sure the only reason Mura isn't on their radar yet is because it is not as accessible. I am pretty pissed about the nerf myself. Nerf > Helpful Updates. We get this versus any update on new 1 hour abilities. Typical.

I don't know. I was considering buying cells for Mura but definitely not now. If I shell out 45-50m and it got nerfed, I'd be super pissed.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-03-26 12:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Something about killing a physical immune NM in Salvage too easily with it to farm Alex.

Couldn't adjust the mob (plenty of mobs ignore Twilight Scythe, like the Grauberg sub-boss), nope! Had to gimp the weapon completely!
[+]
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-26 13:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, nothing completely "ignores" twilight exactly. The only things that twilight scythe doesn't work on are things that have a straight DT instead of just PDT or MDT. And which boss were you talking about? Case in point Melo Melo like you pointed out, possesses a high damage reduction in it's shell, so it can laugh off the twilight scythe.

Either way, the nerf was way more severe that it needed to be. It's usefulness at this point has been more or less reduced to "Oh look! A custard! Well I guess I'll use my charge now!"
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-26 14:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Calamity said: »
Well, nothing completely "ignores" twilight exactly. The only things that twilight scythe doesn't work on are things that have a straight DT instead of just PDT or MDT. And which boss were you talking about? Case in point Melo Melo like you pointed out, possesses a high damage reduction in it's shell, so it can laugh off the twilight scythe.

Either way, the nerf was way more severe that it needed to be. It's usefulness at this point has been more or less reduced to "Oh look! A custard! Well I guess I'll use my charge now!"

Would u really change weapons out for 60 sec charge vs a custard ><;;
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-26 14:11:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Even that was a hinderance... "I have to blow all my tp and start from 0, not to mention possibly *** up my stp gear/aftermath/over-tp due to having menu open (assuming you don't have a "put on this weapon" macro).

It wasn't a problem having different damage type weapons to farm coins from limbus..... it's not unfair now. It's a LONGTIME existing and grossly situational mechanic. The only difference now is that they have an official forum to coral all the stupid in. Once you have all the stupid localized you can pick and choose what "fixes" you wanna do to justify your existance.
By Xenshi 2013-03-26 14:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like the JP community that actually speaks out seem to know that the things that the things we (as in ALL players of the game) want will either take years to happen, or just won't happen. So they focus on other things to keep the moral of the dev guy up.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-26 14:25:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They killing me smalls killing me......
By volkom 2013-03-26 14:33:41
Link | Quote | Reply

always nerfing drks in some way :|

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Solrain 2013-03-26 15:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

This is such a classic case of "cutting off your nose to spite your face". These are the same people who are gonna end up in situations where having a Twilight DRK in the party would come in handy and then they'll cry about how they can't kill the mob.
 Fenrir.Calamity
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-03-26 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

kenshynofshiva said: »

Would u really change weapons out for 60 sec charge vs a custard ><;;

Lol, no. No I wouldn't. Was just the very best use I could think of :p Really, I don't even swap to twilight for cerb in neo salvage. I've found that even as the damage starts getting gimped, blasting resolution STILL outperforms twilight. Maybe if the fight dragged out longer it might get worth it... but it doesn't, and it's not. Hydra... different story, but I'm not even really all that worried about that. It's this whole lack of worry that makes me again wonder why they bothered with the nerf to begin with.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-26 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing I can think of is crazy new seeker mobs they wanted to make a pain in da *** to fight for melee...
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-04 04:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There is Twilight nerf, and then there is this:

They really want me to never use it again, not even for 60sec.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-04-04 04:53:16
Link | Quote | Reply

you have to store it with moogle then take it out for the enchantment to be put on it.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-04 04:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone tried it without the enchantment, before puting it on?
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-04-04 05:03:07
Link | Quote | Reply

me and it did nothing, I do salvage V2 ZR alot and it did 0 dmg to hydra during physical shield.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2013-04-04 05:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh well :( To the moogle I guess, but I won't be taking it back, thanks for the info.
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-04-06 01:24:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Since Twilight scythe is dead, is Ridill and Req worth it for mobs that resist Melee? I figure DRK would make decent use of it considering DRK gets tons of ATK and good ACC buffs.
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-04-06 01:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
JPs made a fuss on the official forums asking for a nerf, so SE kept giving announcements about it and how they were considering nerfing it in various ways.

No clue why they wanted it on a niche weapon, but seems enough of them raised a ruckus to cause it based on I think... a Camate post announcing the plans to nerf it down.

I saw them complaining about people using it to farm elemental's in sky on the JP official forums many times. I guess nerfing RDM is next because that's how I farmed up Zip's a few weeks ago. I was there rdm/nin with almace/joy, and enspells tore through those elementals and zip. Kept getting examine spammed by random JP BST's there during my fights.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-06 01:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Formless is a much easier and stronger solution for omega2 and salvage, even if you have to bring a NQ mnk. Formless doesn't work on caturae shields, but ridill won't be able to build TP either. Overall, I'd say you're much better off using MNK for occasional things like that.

If it's a frequent concern, murasamemaru is still pretty available from the bonanza supply and will obviously be the best choice.