Echo drops autoexec
 Cerberus.Koyote
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2013-03-19 08:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

hey,
i have created an auto exec for automatic use of echo drops if i get silenced.
if that can interest anyone :
<register silent="true" event="gainbuff_Silence">input /item Echo drops</register>

however i would like to include this for using only if i'm a mage job, like blu blm or whm...
no point using that at thf/dnc ^^

if someone could complete this, that could be nice.
 Cerberus.Koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2013-03-19 14:09:15
Link | Quote | Reply

no idea anyone ?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-03-19 14:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

this just seems borderline lazy... (I mean it's neat... but ... what's the point of an MMO if all you have to do is sit and press like 2-3 buttons... and chat a little bit... )
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
Server: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-19 14:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
this just seems COMPLETELY lazy... (I mean it's neat... but ... what's the point of an MMO if all you have to do is sit and press like 2-3 buttons... and chat a little bit... )

Seriously. Play the *** game, it's not even hard.
[+]
 Sylph.Etrigan
Server: Sylph
user: Etrigan
By Sylph.Etrigan 2013-03-19 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the only thing I can think of is this

• change your autoexec command to be input /item "Echo Drops" <me>

• Add lines in your spellcast for your mage jobs to keep echo drops in your inventory *see below*

• Use Gearcollector

Create a set in your spellcast group (I call mine gearcollector but you can call it fuzzynavel if you want).
Code
			<set name="GearCollector">
			<item>Shihei</item>
			<item>Sanjaku-Tengui</item>
			<item>Shinobi-Tabi</item>
			<item>Shikanofuda</item>
			<item>Kabenro</item>
			<item>Jinko</item>
			<item>Mokujin</item>
			<item>Red Curry Bun</item>
			<item>Red Curry Bun +1</item>
			<item>Aliyat Chakram</item>
			</set>

viola! providing that autoexec works, this will keep your echo drops out of your inventory on your non-mage jobs and IN your inventory on the mage ones.

My only beef with Gearcollector is you cannot tell it (as far as I know) to put usable items in your sack/satchel.

best of luck!
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-19 14:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a line between what we want the game to do for us, and how we want to control the game. It's different from person to person, and I can't lie, canceling sneak automatically when reapplying jig is awesome. But automatically applying meds does seem a little over the top to me, too.

That being said, when you're not playing a mage job, couldn't you just sack/satchel the echo drops? (Or make ffxi do that for you, as Etrigan just pointed out.)
[+]
 Cerberus.Koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2013-03-19 14:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

ty Etrigan , i was thinking something like that too
and sorry for others, but i like things to be perfect , and it's more interesting if that can help others
 Cerberus.Koyote
By Cerberus.Koyote 2013-03-19 14:28:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That being said, when you're not playing a mage job, couldn't you just sack/satchel the echo drops?

yea you are right Dude, the thing is i play since a long time ago , and since i started i always keep those in inventory :) remember, in old days sack/satchel didnt exist ^^
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-19 14:30:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Having automatic echo drops isn't *** lazy, it's efficient. Getting silence or other debuffs removed as fast as possible is not a bad thing. Why are people looking down on this?
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-19 14:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Christ on a bike, now people are too god damn lazy to use items themselves. So *** sad.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-19 14:32:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Having automatic echo drops isn't *** lazy, it's efficient. Getting silence or other debuffs removed as fast as possible is not a bad thing. Why are people looking down on this?

Looking down on this because now people need a *** crutch for the easiest ***.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
Server: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-03-19 14:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

probably the same people that think Abyssea killed the game...or don't use brews on Rani
[+]
By Drjones 2013-03-19 14:38:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be more concerned about running yourself out of echo drops or your WHMs wasting mp trying to silena you.

Full automation has its own drawbacks.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-19 14:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but unless you have a macro space dedicated to echo drops, you're going to be spending unnecessary time opening up your items to use echo drops. It's simply more efficient and faster.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-19 14:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

If your point is, "It'd be better for all involved if the computer just played the game for this guy", then sure, I guess I can get on board with that after all.

But really, it's just lazy. If you're too goddamned slow to echo drop yourself, then maybe you shouldn't be talking in the first place.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-03-19 14:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

You might as well say spellcast makes the game too easy, or windower. I suppose you play with in game macros?
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-19 14:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i don't use windower at all. Not gonna rehash all that, but this is just idiotic.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-03-19 14:53:25
Link | Quote | Reply

To each his own. People seem to care way to much about how other people play this game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2013-03-19 14:55:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
To each his own. People seem to care way to much about how other people play this game.
Or not play the game. If you need scripts to use items because you are too slow to do it, then you suck because you have relied on scripts. End of story. ty don't forget to tip your waitress.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-19 14:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I use spellcast, but no autoexec, and I deliberately avoid code that does "too much" for me. And really, I don't have a problem with people using autoexec, I just think this particular incantation is egregiously lazy.

The line in the sand basically being:

Spellcast used as a better macro system makes you more efficient - but never takes the steering wheel out of your hands (some people do more with it than that - I do not).

Autoexec automatically executes commands, true to its name. I don't like surrendering control of my character in that way.
[+]
By Drjones 2013-03-19 15:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Morier said: »
Or not play the game. If you need scripts to use items because you are too slow to do it, then you suck because you have relied on scripts. End of story. ty don't forget to tip your waitress.
We suck because SE has a shitty toolset for interacting with their own game. Right.
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-19 15:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry but unless you have a macro space dedicated to echo drops, you're going to be spending unnecessary time opening up your items to use echo drops. It's simply more efficient and faster.

I don't think the argument is that one method is faster than another, and as soon as someone brings up skill or ability or satisfaction or pride in doing it "yourself" it's going to get mocked. But to make a probably bad analogy, some people want their headlights to turn on automatically, some people think that's insanely stupid, and others think, "what if I want them off?" It kind of just is what it is.

Realistically, no one is "doing" anything at all in game, and we could just pay to have items delivered to us. (Some people do.) Where any one person falls between totally vanilla ffxi and just having stuff handed to them is up to them. But saying that someone is "wasting time" doing anything is just as silly as chiding them for taking time to do it. Any time you spend fighting something is also just a waste of time, too, between right now and when you get your gear.

All that rambling made me think that somewhere, there is someone who wants a dozen accounts in order to completely automate Qilin fights.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2013-03-19 15:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
zen things about bot armies fighting a manticore

100+ bucks a month to spam Qilin? Someone REALLY wants a Houyi's Gorget.
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-03-19 15:10:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Drjones said: »
We suck because SE has a shitty toolset for interacting with their own game. Right.

The whole point of silence as a status effect is to stop a player from casting a spell. The ability to instantly remove that sounds great from a player's perspective, but then, why not just not include silence as part of the game?

Yeah, the in game tools are limited, and I love me some spellcast, But even manually, using a particular item is pretty damned quick and easy.

Edit: But again, that's just me. I don't want to come down on anyone either way. To me, the goals people reach matter only in how they get them. I don't think the echo drops thing is a big deal, but say, if someone bought gil and made every relic in the game with it, I'm more impressed with their dispoable income than their playing ability.

It's fun, we all share the same game, but it's also very different from person to person.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-19 15:13:52
Link | Quote | Reply

What a lot of people may fail to take into consideration, is that this could easily be used on a mule to ensure they're never silenced when it's needed.

While focusing on a main character is obvious, mules tend to be put on the backburner until they're needed - whether it's Cure onry, Haste, or Enfeebles. Each one has a different period of time where focus isn't on that character.

In that time, it's possible that your mule gets hit with Silence and you don't notice, or you forget. This is one of the major points for things like Spellcast/AutoExec to deal with stuff like Echo Drops. While people can argue that it's stupid you have a mule, or it's a waste of money, or after accepting people have mules, you (and this is a quote from someone I met in-game) "shouldn't be doing the job as well on a mule" - Why would you not want to be slightly more efficient at it than risk your/your friends/your groups/your aunties goldfish's pop/NM/VW/Legion/NNI/Whateverthehellelse because you simply forgot to use an Echo Drop on a character you glance at once in a blue moon (comparitive to your main)?
[+]
 Phoenix.Thorbean
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-03-19 15:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »

I still don't get why you care how someone else plays.

I have an item macro that I change depending on what consumable I'm gonna need most. You don't need 1 for every item.
I'm not gonna get all offended because someone wants to automate it though. Maybe if they were telling me to do it because I suck if I don't, but the OP didn't do that.
[+]
By kenshynofshiva 2013-03-19 15:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Koyote said: »
hey,
i have created an auto exec for automatic use of echo drops if i get silenced.
if that can interest anyone :
<register silent="true" event="gainbuff_Silence">input /item Echo drops</register>

however i would like to include this for using only if i'm a mage job, like blu blm or whm...
no point using that at thf/dnc ^^

if someone could complete this, that could be nice.
The best way would be to instead of using the item have it cast a fake spell such as dancing chains and in spellcast if spell = dancing chains and job = mage job do command item /echo drops else cancel spell return....
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [30 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-04-18 22:48:37
Link | Quote | Reply

in game macroes make the game to easiy. command line ONRY buytyping in ascci codes for the characters and presse the keys with a pencil in your mouth.
everything else i just lazy and not leet enough

-- oopsie --
top 5 and necrobump .....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [63 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Annalise
user: Annalise
By Bismarck.Annalise 2013-06-20 16:23:56
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be humorous, though, if the 'Mute' status registers (on the few things that use it) or if you are in range of a silence aura.