I'll Miss Macros ...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » Windower » Support » I'll miss macros ...
I'll miss macros ...
 Cerberus.Rafisback
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 08:23:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,

I got a windower issue (windows 8), I tried all the fixes but: either it won't let me play, (freezing at lobby loading), or I'll be able to play until I have a library c++ error.

- Steam install
- UAC to the lowest setting
- right click and lauch as admin
- last windower installer package (with all plugins up to date)
- windower installed on his own folder (c/:windower)
- shadows off
- graphic card drivers up to date
- already did check files for both POL and FFXI
- already reinstalled POl and FFXI like 3 times, more for windower

Sometimes Windower seems to not be able to load all the plugins, stopping randomly, and freezing the game.

Other times, all plugins will load perfectly and game will run, until a library c++ error occurs...

I'll really miss this programm, especially the macros...

I'm gonna look at event viewer and post the crashing module asap.

If anybody can help me fix those crashes, it'd be really appreciated.
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 08:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Nom du journal :Application
Source : Application Error
Date : 13/03/2013 22:41:57
ID de l’événement :1000
Catégorie de la tâche :(100)
Niveau : Erreur
Mots clés : Classique
Utilisateur : N/A
Ordinateur : Rafisback
Description :
Nom de l’application défaillante pol.exe, version : 1.18.13.0, horodatage : 0x4e3bcddc
Nom du module défaillant : d3d8.dll, version : 6.2.9200.16384, horodatage : 0x5010a6cd
Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
Décalage d’erreur : 0x000469bd
ID du processus défaillant : 0xdb4
Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01ce203256b93048
Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe
Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d8.dll
ID de rapport : d3ccf3a0-8c26-11e2-be76-dc85de54eb1f
Nom complet du package défaillant :
ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :
XML de l’événement :
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-03-13T21:41:57.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>1619</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Rafisback</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>pol.exe</Data>
<Data>1.18.13.0</Data>
<Data>4e3bcddc</Data>
<Data>d3d8.dll</Data>
<Data>6.2.9200.16384</Data>
<Data>5010a6cd</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>000469bd</Data>
<Data>db4</Data>
<Data>01ce203256b93048</Data>
<Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ffxi\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\pol.exe</Data>
<Data>C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\d3d8.dll</Data>
<Data>d3ccf3a0-8c26-11e2-be76-dc85de54eb1f</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Sorry, it's in French, but you should be able to understand which application is crashing the game...
 Quetzalcoatl.Krylon
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: AkiKrylon
By Quetzalcoatl.Krylon 2013-03-14 08:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I was under the impression that FFXI wasn't working with Windows 8 at all yet - windower or not.

Did you try without Windower?
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-14 08:29:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You must have equipped too much multi-attack gear. The variance probably fried the abacus that was running your windows install.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2013-03-14 08:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Windower and FFXI work with Windows 8. From what I can see its saying d3d error. Does FFXI work without Windower for you?
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 08:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 08:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Krylon said: »
I was under the impression that FFXI wasn't working with Windows 8 at all yet - windower or not.

Did you try without Windower?

I'm running the game w/o windower and atmm, no crash. I was also able to load w/o freeze.
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 08:40:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I checked my version of directx and it's 11.

The drivers i'm using are: 9.18.13.1407 for a nvidia gtx 660M (playing on laptop if that can help)
 Phoenix.Fezz
Server: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2013-03-14 08:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I had issues with windows 8 as well and a fix was to disable shadows and weather effects to fix crashing during the game. everything seemed to work afterwards. as far as launching problems, it seemed to be a problem with permissions in the windower folder. I ended up having to install windower on an external hard drive and launch from there to get it to work.

in the end, I just went back to windows 7
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 09:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Fezz said: »
I had issues with windows 8 as well and a fix was to disable shadows and weather effects to fix crashing during the game. everything seemed to work afterwards. as far as launching problems, it seemed to be a problem with permissions in the windower folder. I ended up having to install windower on an external hard drive and launch from there to get it to work.

I wish i had the choice of OS before buying my new laptop...
 Phoenix.Fezz
Server: Phoenix
user: Fezz
By Phoenix.Fezz 2013-03-14 09:19:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback said: »
Phoenix.Fezz said: »

I wish i had the choice of OS before buying my new laptop...

can always try to download or get a oem copy of win 7.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
Server: Leviathan
user: RKumono
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2013-03-14 09:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok... Disable all your plugins and try it loading no plugins at all. Also, under Win8, make sure you use "Run as Administrator". (You can turn this on under Icon Properties General Tab Advance Button so you don't have to right-click/select each time.) If it runs without plugins, you've got an outdated plugin. I have seen it not run recently on x64 OSes when a plugin is out of date--it crashes at the logon screen.

If it runs without plugins, enable one or two at a time, and if it crashes, look for an update to the plugin(s) you just enabled.

Edit: To all of you "Windows 8 sux because it won't run any games waaah waaah" people: I have THOUSANDS of games. I have collected back to 1984 in games. Every Game that worked in Windows 7 Does Work in Windows 8.
With One Exception: The Sims Medieval Nobles & Pirates Expansion (Main game works, install the expansion and it doesn't.)
However! If you look on the internet for the 'pirated' version and use the crack that they have made for it, it DOES work.

So my compatibility experience? 100% of Windows 7 Games work in Windows 8. You just may have to find a patch.
(I've actually only known of 2 programs that work in Win7 that don't in Win8. I don't think many of you would be concerned against the Nationwide Insurance Corporate software, so that's not a concern. Besides, it is being updated to work by their programmers.)
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 09:53:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, game just crashed upon zoning, without using windower...
 Leviathan.Bilonn
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2013-03-14 10:05:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If your crash is without Windower, you have 4 possibilities:
1: Driver/Windows Updates needed
2: Background Program Interferace
3: Virus/Malware
4: Hardware fault

Run all Windows Updates, Update Video Drivers, and check to see any unnecessary background programs (PC Tuneup softwares are NOTORIOUS for this--PC Matic, System Mechanic, SpeedUpMyPC, FixMyPC, etc--these Do Not Work, don't use them [they speed your PC up a tiny bit and then use that freed speed to run in the background all the time]). Make sure you are using a good (preferably paid) AV software (Norton, ESET, Kaspersky, Trend, Sophos, AVG Paid) and not a bad/problematic AV software (McAfee, AVG Free, Avast, BitDefender [while high rated, can crash games]). Clear out any coupon downloaders, toolbar apps, iTunes or Torrent clients, etc. They don't need to run all the time and can crash games.

Once you're system is up to date and background programs are minimized, try again. If it fails, have a professional take a look for viruses or hardware faults.

Edit: There's actually a 5th possibility: Bad FFXI install. That requires a uninstall/reinstall from discs/steam and then redownload the updates from PlayOnline.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2013-03-14 10:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Few other thoughts:

One: UAC can be left at it's default setting. It doesn't affect the game any. I have not changed mine. Shadows does not have to be turned off unless the video card has a problem with it.

Third, you might check other games to see if it happens there too. It's possible a system file might be corrupt.

On Start Screen, type 'CMD', then right click Command prompt and Run as Administrator. Now this next part will take a while, but it will fix glitches. Type "SFC /SCANNOW". This scans the Windows System File (SysFileCheck->SFC) for bad files and replaces them if they're corrupt. Windows updates sometimes have to be installed after this too. Again, this can take a while (hour or more), but it does fix problems you didn't know were there.
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-14 10:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bilonn said: »
Make sure you are using a good (preferably paid) AV software (Norton, ESET, Kaspersky, Trend, Sophos, AVG Paid) and not a bad/problematic AV software (McAfee, AVG Free, Avast, BitDefender [while high rated, can crash games]).

I'm using Bitdefender cause he have the best ranking ... Well, thank you for your complete answers, i hope i can finaly find a way to play.
 Leviathan.Bilonn
By Leviathan.Bilonn 2013-03-14 18:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Rafisback said: »
Leviathan.Bilonn said: »
Make sure you are using a good (preferably paid) AV software (Norton, ESET, Kaspersky, Trend, Sophos, AVG Paid) and not a bad/problematic AV software (McAfee, AVG Free, Avast, BitDefender [while high rated, can crash games]).

I'm using Bitdefender cause he have the best ranking ... Well, thank you for your complete answers, i hope i can finaly find a way to play.

Don't know where you get the info that Bitdefender has the 'best' rating...

Most accurate AV testing: http://www.dennistechnologylabs.com/

BitDefender is a A rating, yes, but they're not the best--they're currently #4.

Latest Tests (Dec 2012: Page 4 Total Accuracy Ratings)
1: Norton (AAA 388.5 - Recommended for Speed and Protection)
2: Kaspersky (AA 368.0 Slows Down PCs)
3: ESET (AA 359.5)
4: BitDefender (A 348.9)
5: Trend (A 340.1)
6: AVG Paid (B 335.5)
7: McAfee (C 305.5 - Slow: Has a Memory Leak Issue)
Also tested: Microsoft Security Essentials (Fail 30.0)
 Cerberus.Massoli
user: Massoli
By Cerberus.Massoli 2013-03-15 01:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

AVIRA works really good and free
 Cerberus.Rafisback
By Cerberus.Rafisback 2013-03-15 10:52:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello again!

When i was looking for a good antivirus, i searched a little on google to find the best, possibly with tests.

At this time, BitDefender was first of all, but i might have chose the wrong test.

Well, anyway, I got a question Billon:

Will you marry me? !!!

Because, I can play since yesterday w/o any d/c or weird issues...

Thank you all of you for your help, and especially Billon with detailed answer who opened my eyes on my problem, and finaly solve it:

BIG THANKS ;)