Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » few questions regarding enhancing magic
few questions regarding enhancing magic
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-03-03 20:05:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello I am currently rebuilding my WHM's enhancing set and I noticed a WHM can go beyond 500 enhancing now /SCH, currently sitting @ 480 missing body, waist and back piece, but by math I see that I can bring it to 507 using this set

so it comes down to if I want to go that extra mile for enhancing earring to bring it to 510....

But here's the question:
is it worth taking enhancing over 500? do the math for all enhancing spell calculation still apply beyond that? I heard you can do +25 Boost spell with 500 enhancing, can you do more than that?

Please help this lost taru! T.T
 Bahamut.Scizor
Server: Bahamut
user: Scizor
By Bahamut.Scizor 2013-03-03 20:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

would adding this help? Augment. Earing
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-03-03 20:34:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I cannot think of a spell at the moment that actually gains any benefit from exceeding the 500 cap.

There are instances where a White Mage may not go /SCH, and thus having more enhancing gear may be more beneficial in these corner cases (examples that come to mind is any time you are /RDM as the Dispel + Refresh effect may be more prudent, or you're smashing face /NIN or /DNC). If you feel you will not be any of these situations frequently, I would not take the time and inventory to continue to gather more gear, maybe get better pieces of gear so one can drop other pieces and free up inventory for different gear sets.
 Asura.Nanabi
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2013-03-03 20:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

so don't even both with augur's if I plan to get the cape + back + body then? sweet, one less task!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2013-03-03 21:01:07
Link | Quote | Reply

you could also do with just a cascade instead of olympus
 Asura.Pergatory
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2013-03-06 13:14:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Boost spells can't go beyond +25, but barspells can go to at least +185. Oddly enough, I'm pretty sure my barspells are 185 with or without my Ayao's Gages (10 enhancing) and every 5 enhancing is supposed to add 1 point, so I'm wondering if maybe there isn't a barspell cap at +185. I'm sorry that I'm not sure what skill that equates to, but I know I'm well over 500.

In any event, I'd say there's definitely benefit to enhancing up to and beyond 500 for WHM. Plus like Ghishlain pointed out, sometimes you want a sub other than SCH.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2013-03-14 15:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For what it's worth, Alexander Prime is laughably easy these days so if you already have Enhancing Torque and ToAU missions done, you can easily replace it with Colossus's with no downside - same enhancing skill +7, plus an extra +3 skill on Lightday! Then you can make a decent chunk of gil selling the Enhancing Torque (which really only retains its value due to mules without ToAU finished), or not have to buy it in the first place. Use that gil on improving something else.

I just did Alex Prime fight last night with WHM+MNK duo and didn't even need the WHM. Hundred Fists and win. I'm sure any moderately competent DD+healer could win easily.