Pre-Resolution Greatsword Nostalgia
 Bismarck.Hsieh
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Hsieh
By Bismarck.Hsieh 2013-02-26 12:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
Before FFXI was officially released I remember hearing that DRK's main weapon would be a Scythe--I was so turned off to DRK. Not that Scythes aren't badass and cool but they're awkward and exotic weapons, especially in the Final Fantasy lore/universe where Dark Knights generally use either 2handed swords or 'dark swords' as their main weapons...
]

I wasn't turned off when I saw Apoc.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-26 12:10:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
I used GS on war drk pld in the dunes.....

I also did the secondary drk kill quest for chaosbringer.

I also owned Arondight and Ascalon (roommate smn kite to get like one of two on the server).

omg i was like.... I WILL MAKE A RAGNAROK ONE DAY when i first started. I made Calad because at the time it was more attainable.

*gs nostalgia's hard*

All of this, except my pld is only level 30 still
I finally have my ragnarok, i have a 90 caladbolg, i owned an Ascalon (favorite Gsword before Algol), never owned a Naglering til after 90 cap, so it was pretty useless by then. Never got lucky enough to get an arondight, but i did solo my ascalon on smn when it finally dropped. So much fun killing dragons with it and the light effect.
The Gsword i used to skill up with was the Skofnung, then when i finally got my algol, I used it to beat Kirin's *** with 2k+ ground strikes as war/nin (for kiting purposes at the time)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-02-26 12:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

i got my nagel like a week ago, after rag and calad lol. I never once got a subduer (and got knows I donated the KS for it).

P.S. SATA spinning slash nostalgia
By Solegna 2013-02-26 12:26:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Shyral said: »
Ragnarok.Jwhawkeye said: »

The terror effect is still fun to get with this lol

I have a friend who uses this to RWS stagger KI NMs in abyssea, and I'm always surprised by the frequency of the terror procrate.

Ya I have an idiot friend that used this in abyssea too... He would terror the mob so much we could never proc them... *coughblizzcough*
[+]
By Solrain 2013-02-27 01:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Solegna said: »
Bismarck.Shyral said: »
Ragnarok.Jwhawkeye said: »

The terror effect is still fun to get with this lol

I have a friend who uses this to RWS stagger KI NMs in abyssea, and I'm always surprised by the frequency of the terror procrate.

Ya I have an idiot friend that used this in abyssea too... He would terror the mob so much we could never proc them... *coughblizzcough*

lol that's awesome.