Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon TP Set
Dragoon TP Set
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-13 18:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, so i've been working hard on my dragoon tp set, and i think i've come up with 1 of 4 possible sets (this set i actually use in game) where the 5 hit brings DRG back up a couple levels, even without a Ryunohige. Still not going to be Mythic level awesomeness, but it's a set i happen to love.

I wanted to see what others thought/see what needs to be changed/improved.
 Cerberus.Kengo
Server: Cerberus
user: Kengosama
By Cerberus.Kengo 2013-02-13 18:39:22
Link | Quote | Reply

My set is similar.

I have Pole Grip, Guillie +1, and use Brego's and Lancer's +2 body to keep 26% Haste.

I have yet to see Mala, after 100+ kills.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-13 18:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

My set has me at 27% haste, although i thought about swapping out Phorcys Dirs for Ares Flanchard +1, Lancer's Vambraces +2 for Ares Gauntlets +1, and Ker's Cuirass for Lancer's Plackart +2.

Granted, i might do it once i get both those ares pieces.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
Server: Ragnarok
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-02-13 19:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding just the set in the OP, what about the possibility of swapping in more stp on the hands (or body alternatively) to get rid of the rose strap in favor of a strap that would benefit WS more?

For example:(edit for clarity)
Ker's body with Ogiers hands
Or
Lancer+2 body with Ares+1 hands

Obviously would need to swap stp earring/ring to atk as well to get back to 36ish stp. I don't have access to spreadsheets at work so, honest question.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-13 20:02:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Should have read the above post, as i mentionde those possibilities already. I'm already at 51stp as /sam with my current posted set.

Not only that, but out of the possible sets i've looked into, this is my current optimal set with the equipment that i do have.

Also, i wouldn't waste precious Bloodshed plans on Ker Gauntlets, when Ares +1 is so much better.
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-02-13 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Was more asking about the grip as you didnt mention it. Also, I need to post more clearly I guess if it looked like i was suggesting ker hands...

Also i kinda assumed you already have ogier's hands for some reason, which is silly of me. I'll just plug it into the spreadsheet when I get home^^
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-14 05:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I do have the Ogier's Hands, i'm 5/5 on the whole set.

I honestly didn't mean to sound as snotty as i did when i replied.

Anyways, I could honestly do an Ogier's hand piece set (which is one of the 4 i was thinking of) but the over-all effectiveness would be lost, simply because Lancer's Vambraces +2 offers so much in one slot. STR/DEX+8 Acc+10 DA+4%, along with the occasional set bonus proc in keeping with the Lancer's Schynbalds +2.

out of the 4 i have thought of, this may be my second, or even my best 5 hit tp set up.

This Item set is also an optimal idea, since i still get the DA+3 from the ares set bonus, but i also get the STR/DEX+8, haste +6% and TA+2% on the legs, in combination with the Ares' Gauntlets +1.

Of course, that would only happen once i manage to get both ares' +1 pieces.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2013-02-14 05:58:37
Link | Quote | Reply

This was my idea. How much STP is actually needed? No ffxicalc here.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-14 06:21:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you need a minimum of 36stp in gear, and 15 from /sam for 51stp for a 5 hit. The Duplus Grip is a huge step up from my pole grip, however, i was only using the gear that would be readily available to me, rather than dropping 30-40mil+ on it.
The Corybant Pearl is a nice touch, if you don't already have a Kokou's Earring, and the Corybant is more readily accessible as well.

I personally thought about using the Enif Corazza, but it's not a piece i would honestly use in any of my sets. Like Puppetmaster, it sort of lacks attack - it has way more than enough accuracy that it would never need Enif, even with the QA+2%, it's just not a high enough gain, unless you're doing a quick zerg, in which you'd still take other DD over Dragoon.
 Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-02-14 06:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I always thought it was 52 STP for 492 delay polearms, but thats just what I heard from other random posts
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-02-14 06:32:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only got about 51 stp in my OP set as /sam, unless i'm a little off, and /sam gives 16 stp.
 Asura.Barthalomew
Server: Asura
user: Forby
By Asura.Barthalomew 2013-02-14 07:36:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Boom!

Ragnarok.Takagi
user: Takagi
By Ragnarok.Takagi 2013-02-14 07:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Barthalomew said: »
Boom!

thats almost the exact same set ive been looking at, with the exception of switching out ares legs for phorcys, and hagneia stone for potestas