Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Changing TH modes
Changing TH modes
 Phoenix.Maahes
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anubiis
By Phoenix.Maahes 2013-02-09 00:21:06
Link | Quote | Reply

How do I change THMode in Mote's THF spellcast file? His file can be found at http://pastebin.com/fPxmMSNv.

I have tried the "/ma ClassTrigger cycle(THMode)" command and toggled it to Always but I am not equipping my TH gear during SA/TA.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-02-09 06:17:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the end result you're looking for to keep hands/feet eqiupped fulltime when it's set to Always? If so you could just put your other hands/feet in sack/satchel for times you'll want to fulltime it. Takes all of 15 seconds.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2013-02-09 06:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

For my spellcast I just had 2 different groups. When you want to fulltime TH gear just /sc group th. It is pretty easy if you have your TH group inherit all of the sets from your standard set.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-02-09 06:33:10
Link | Quote | Reply

When you type out or hit the macro for your trigger spell, does it do the correct Chat line? Ie: TH Mode: $THMode ? If not then you may be typing it incorrectly, or maybe you don't have the includes as well and it may be glitching? I'm not exactly a spellcast wizard myself >.>
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-09 07:15:58
Link | Quote | Reply

while we at it.. how do i switch to a defensive TP setup (Evasion) with Motentens thf sc (or any sc that uses those "trigger" to switch sets)? i knew how it works with spells that you cant use but looking at this i have no clue what i need to do (what exactly i need to write in my macro/chatlog)
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-02-09 11:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd quote mine, but its all butchered so... Essentially it depends on the spellcast itself. Mine, before I edited it, was like such: Normal gear sets = Idle/TP, but casting Poison V (just type /ma "poison V" <t>/<me>) would toggle Idle/TP to PDT set, and casting it again would rotate to MDT set, then once more would put me back in normal Idle/TP sets.

The aforementioned can be used to set things like like Low/Mid/High-Acc TP situations, Low/Mid/High-Acc WS Situations, Low/Mid/High DEX situations.

The other type you seem kind of familiar'd with but:
Code
<elseif spell="Shining Fantasia">
				<cancelspell />
				<if advanced='"$DDRing"="Tyrant&apos;s Ring"'>
					<var cmd="set DDRing Mars's Ring" />
				</if>
				<elseif advanced='"$DDRing"="Mars&apos;s Ring"'>
					<var cmd="set DDRing Tyrant's Ring" />
				</elseif>
						<addtochat color="135">DD Ring: $DDRing</addtochat>
				<command>Dancing Chains</command>
			</elseif>

Toggles my TP ring between Mars's and Tyrant's if I cast Shining Fantasia. Things like that can be used for simple gear swaps, TP -> PDT, TP -> MDT, TP -> PDT/TP Hybrid etc. The spell just depends on which spell is there in the code. I would use actual spells, that can't be used on the job you're on, but you can always experiment.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-09 11:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i know how to toggle with spells, but i dont know how i toggle in mote's SC(the one linked in OP) and i would like to keep that xml and its TH rules, i had the old version with spell-toggels and liked it. But in this i dont know how it works. I know multiple "newer" SC use this trigger/toggle/whatever. i tryed to understand it looking in the rules include and confic include but i am not good at it so i dont see it :(
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2013-02-09 12:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I honestly have no idea how his works, because that's one of the confusing ones to me >.>;;. Unless I'm misunderstanding, he seems to have TH Mode: SATA, which does Tag + Equips TH for SA/TA, and the other mode is TH Mode: Fulltime which only says "melee'" and could be why it doesnt equip to SA/TA? Like I said, its confusing, and I didnt make it etc lol.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-02-09 12:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

oo i think i found it seraching through the include more deeply.. (my evasion problem) its /ma combatmode cycle(defense) to switch it
 Phoenix.Maahes
Server: Phoenix
user: Anubiis
By Phoenix.Maahes 2013-02-09 14:33:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out that the file I had and the includes I had were outdated. The files have been updated and almost everything seems to be working.

If anyone is using this file and has aggressive mode turned on and can actually idle in the correct neck piece; can you let me know what you did differently? I am idling in my rancor collar full time and I would rather not do that. I know I can change my spellcast to work around this problem but if anyone has any ideas I would be grateful.

Thanks!