Which One To Make First? Apoc Or Rag?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Which one to make first? Apoc or Rag?
Which one to make first? Apoc or Rag?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-02-09 09:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
stuff
I stole the cata set from the DRK thread and made 5hit sets for 26/16% haste. I have basically everything, so they weren't gimped garbage, but may have been slightly sub-ideal. One thing worth noting is that I don't have entropy, no merit space for it. I can't really see it making that much difference though, it seems to be barely ahead of catastrophe and you'd lose out on the aftermath gear. I finished in 86 minutes, normally take ~70(DRK SCH BRD THF).
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-09 09:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Good come back, exactly the kind I'd expect after this display of derp

My apologies.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-09 09:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc will always be less damage then Rag, Res spam is much stronger then Entropy / Cata spam and Rag has better passive bonus's. Apoc's biggest selling point is the +10% gear haste from AM, that lets you TP in more DT gear while maintaining capped gear haste. It's for enhanced survival.

That means if your in a situation where you don't need the extra survival then Apoc won't do anything for you. If your in a situation where that extra survival means win / lose then Apoc is gonna be amazing.
 Asura.Tawhoya
Server: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-02-09 09:20:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who uses spreadsheets to calculate dmg able to tell me the rough % difference between the two weapons? I'm curious as to how far ahead rag is to apoc.
By Blazed1979 2013-02-09 09:26:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
The answer is to make Rag first. Chances are if you asking such a question you suck at this game. Rag will atleast get you in good with the rest of the 99% that suck and will cover up a lot of your deficiencies.

Coffee bro! go get coffee!
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-02-09 10:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
Anyone who uses spreadsheets to calculate dmg able to tell me the rough % difference between the two weapons? I'm curious as to how far ahead rag is to apoc.

Don't remember exactly, but last time I think someone answered this it was said 10-25% ahead, the 10% beeing when everything favors Apoc as much as possible.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2013-02-09 10:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a much larger margin than I expected. And these numbers are with comparable gear?
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-09 10:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tawhoya said: »
That's a much larger margin than I expected. And these numbers are with comparable gear?

Yep. Reso is that much stronger then Entropy and Rag has better passives then Apoc.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-02-09 10:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

25-31% According to the Calc using my gear.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chuko
Server: Carbuncle
user: Chuko
By Carbuncle.Chuko 2013-02-09 10:43:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Like the discussion, only thing i could care to add on my opinion about the weapons is my main problem i have with rag is the abundance of morons who only care about winning parse and not actually doing their jobs, killing hahava at 100 red light cause yuo cant pay attention to procs and just want to spam resolution just wastes my time. i guess its more of the epeen leave brain at home attitude that it seems to generate. Its not really the fault of the weapon but the type of brainless tards it attracts. Before resolution, they probably made ukon or vere and spam those ws instead of paying attention the same. I guess HQ player vs NQ player is a whole other discussion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2013-02-09 10:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »
The answer is to make Rag first. Chances are if you asking such a question you suck at this game. Rag will atleast get you in good with the rest of the 99% that suck and will cover up a lot of your deficiencies.

LOL
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-02-09 10:50:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are so bitter on this subject. I made this thread, not just for my own sake, but for everyone else. I see this debate more often then it should, and it seems that its not always a clear cut decision on what people prefer.

Some people don't have the time to be on this game 24/7, some people don't have a full linkshell behind them with a LS bank contributing to these weapons. People seem to think its like.. building a relic nowadays is so super easy, and that everyone should have at least three by now.

This is not the case, and looking down on other players who may just be looking for some clarification on certain weapons that cost over 90 million each, is dumb, as they are just making sure. I knew exactly what each weapon did, but have I actually played with these weapons? No. Does it make me dumb that I would ask for clarification, and to express my curiosity into which players tend to play more, or would make first? No.

Is this not a forum where players can come and look for information? Is a thread completely useless just because "you" think it is? I like to think when I make a thread, I ain't just making it for the sake of wasting my time and everyone else. Did anyone find out something useful in this thread? I know I did.
[+]
By duos 2013-02-09 12:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Personally if I had to choose I would go for Apoc,

Having limited time and playing semi-casually at the moment I know that if I make a relic I would like to "play" with it all the time more like go drk for every event low man/high end and so on. Apoc would be a great assist in all situation.

Also SE said that they will come up with more low man content in the future so that's also a plus point.

Gl on whatever you choose.
 Fenrir.Calamity
Server: Fenrir
user: Calamity
By Fenrir.Calamity 2013-02-09 15:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Really the answer is based around your play style and what you want out of this game. Is endgame, and as much of it as possible your answer? make a rag. Are you a casual gamer who does a lot of lowman with a few close friends? Apoc may serve your cause better.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2013-02-09 17:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread is very fun to read.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-09 17:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
I parse really well with Apocalypse myself in actual testing not some paper math that may or may not proc.

This is the reason why we can't have nice things.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Rucks
user: Seravolk
By Asura.Rucks 2013-02-09 18:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

-.- The OP decided on what to build like 3 pages ago, why is this thread still going?
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2013-02-09 18:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Rucks said: »
-.- The OP decided on what to build like 3 pages ago, why is this thread still going?

QQing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-09 18:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
I parse really well with Apocalypse myself in actual testing not some paper math that may or may not proc. I agree that with Ragnarok it can cover up much sucking on the part of the player. I am working on Ragnarok myself but I seriously doubt that I ever see that much % difference from Apoc vs Ragnarok that Taint listed above. I would love to parse against someone that could actually pull those numbers out on a consistent basis.

I haven't exactly checked Apocalypse vs Ryu vs Ragnarok but what are the typical results from that comparison. I parsed against a Ryu Drg the other day and wondering if he was using it to its full potential.

You have to keep in mind that fSTR matters and reso is a 5 hit ws and DA can proc on first and last hit from what I recall, plus Rag 99 has 14% crit hit rate for white dmg.
A parse is supposed to give you a result in a given situation at a given time nothing more.
That said, Apoc is far from being a shitty weapon.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-10 04:40:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Chriscoffey said: »
Sadly when you parse against people over and over again the procing rate in reality can vary quite differently than the actual results that are listed in a formulated theoretical simulation.

The best thing to do is generally parsing yourself, so you have comparable gears and style of play.
By Latifah 2013-02-10 04:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Styles of play @ ffxi? interesting. Unless you're a blu, which is not the case.
By volkom 2013-02-10 05:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Its like~

If you want to be a badass with a scythe and "pretend" to be like this make an apoc

YouTube Video Placeholder

and if you want to cleave people in half~ make a rag

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-10 06:38:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
If you want to be a badass with a scythe and "pretend" to be like this make an apoc

Well.... DRK does have marksmanship skill. DRK/RNG Cata + Barrage + Cata?
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-10 23:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Well.... DRK does have marksmanship skill. DRK/RNG Cata + Barrage + Cata?
I've looked into it. Hard to get a crossbow and ammo with high enough delay for it to really work with Barrage or Quick Draw.

QD is slightly more appealing because you could actually make a QD cooldown ACP body for any job, and DRK can rock some good MAB. Maybe I'll touch on it again with new gear and see if 20TP shots are possible yet.
 Quetzalcoatl.Ronix
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Argile
By Quetzalcoatl.Ronix 2013-02-10 23:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I went Apoc and now doing Rag. I really like my apoc but what do I know I scribble bright colored ***on SSs and people rage soooo...
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-11 03:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if someone had a 95 Apoc and Rag then the Apoc would get the most by far from going to 99. The jump from 95 to 99 on Rag isn't very big while the boost to Cata is pretty significant. Though I ~have~ found a use for Scourge <.<. Scourge -> Res on Hydra to knock off one of it's heads.