Paewr Belt Or Phasmida Belt For DRK And WAR?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Paewr Belt or Phasmida Belt for DRK and WAR?
Paewr Belt or Phasmida Belt for DRK and WAR?
 Sylph.Shandok
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-18 02:45:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got my DRK up there. Now in the past for 75 only DRK, I remember acc was always ideal for DRK, However now that we are 99 age. Seems everyone is haste crazy. So this left me with a thought, which belt should I be using for DRK and WAR between Paewr or Phasmida, both seem to have some nice perks. Only other belt Id have to choose from is Warwolf for the stats to help WS. But yea, figured I would ask here and see whats up. Would higher haste/acc be more ideal, or is the extra def and attack power with 4% haste better (along with some fire resist) Thanks. =)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-18 02:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Phasmida will always beat Paewr Belt unless you're still at the haste cap(26% from gear) with Paewr. However, goading or bullwhip can be obtained with minimal effort and will generally be the best options. Phos is a straight upgrade to bullwhip, of course, due to the lack of negatives.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-01-18 02:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Phasmida will always beat Paewr Belt unless you're still at the haste cap(26% from gear) with Paewr. However, goading or bullwhip can be obtained with minimal effort and will generally be the best options. Phos is a straight upgrade to bullwhip, of course, due to the lack of negatives.

DRK can't equip bullwhip
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
Server: Bismarck
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-01-18 02:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Until you can afford Phos belt, Goading is most likely your best option. Once you reach that haste cap, which comes quickly, should tack on some of that handy STP for an X-hit
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-18 02:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea but I could use bullwhip on my WAR, however that leads me to this question.. so many negative stats on it.. I mean magic mobs would love if I were to wear this I think.. Is it worth 1% extra haste for the amount of -elm resistance and -hp you get?

Now Goading belt. Ok that does look like the idea belt to use for WAR and DRK, least for my usage and inv slot space heh.

So till then, just stick with Phasmida?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-18 03:00:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Elemental resistance will not inherently increase your damage taken, the -hp can be a negative though.

If a monster nukes you, the server does a roll to decide the following:
Full Damage
1/2 Damage
1/4 Damage
1/8 Damage.

Adding resistance will bias it toward the lower end of the spectrum, while subtracting it will bias it toward the higher end. Unless you're specifically wearing a resist build, it's unlikely you will be getting any reduced damage on a high level monster so the belt ultimately does not change your damage taken there. It may be more relevant on targets around the easy prey/too weak range.

I wouldn't discount it simply because of the hp and elemental resistance, but phos is obviously a much better goal. Certainly use phasmida for the time being, though.
 Bismarck.Bloodrose
user: Bloodrose
By Bismarck.Bloodrose 2013-01-18 03:04:58
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have Phasmida, stick with it. Bullwhip Belt, atleast in my opinion, is really not worth it.

Although you say you want to use the bullwhip on your war, you really shouldn't. I am addressing this even though you specifically asked about drk (i am being a bit of an On Topic Terd, but w/e) I am going to assume basic attainable gear - Bale +2 (6%) Bale Gauntlets +2 (5%) Homam/Calmecac/Jingang etc/ 3%ish unless you have access to NNI II gear, for Phorcys Dirs 6%, Ace's Leggings, Bale Body +2, yadda yadda

anyways, like i said, Phasmida if you got it, Goading if you don't
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-18 03:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah, I wont use bullwhip, I was replying to the person who mentioned "Drk cant use it". Was saying my war could tho if I chose to use it. So it was thanks for the heads up type reply.

As for Phorcys Dirs, Looks really nice for use on my DRK and WAR (sharing item in inv wise) Atm I use Byakkos legs for WAR for the 5% haste. Guess Ill need to Nyzul sometime when I find time lol.

So then let me ask this then. Phasmida vs Goading. Thoughts here? acc/eva vs store TP (which could stack with my other store tp items, not to mention should I go /sam) Still worth going after Goading in the long run?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-01-18 03:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You aren't worried about stat vs stat, you're trying to make a coherent build. You want to maintain 26% haste with the lowest # of hits required to gain 100 TP, for the most part. There are some exceptions where you'll increase your #/hits required to gain a significant amount of inferior stats, but not many. For example, if you have nyzul gear, bullwhip belt will beat phasmida and goading on WAR because the builds lend themselves to a 7% haste belt(7 on head, 7 on legs, 5 on feet leaves 19.. requiring 7 more to cap). You would lose more than the 5 STP on goading by trying to gain back that 2 haste elsewhere.

I would recommend looking at the DRK and WAR guides for the information you're looking for: it seems you haven't really looked into any background yet. Start by learning how TP/hit works in relation to store TP, then look at what you have available and how you can get your appropriate xhit without sacrificing haste(or just match one of the many sets listed in the WAR and DRK guides: there's bound to be one within reach for you).
[+]
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2013-01-18 03:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Always gear towards capping haste first - even more so since you apparently don't have neither Rajas nor Brutal yet (go get those missions done -.-), which makes gearing towards a specific hit build all the more difficult. So if Phasmida puts you closer to, or at haste cap, use that. However, you should still go get Goading, you will probably need it down the road once your drk is better geared.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-01-18 04:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Tamoa said: »
Always gear towards capping haste first - even more so since you apparently don't have neither Rajas nor Brutal yet (go get those missions done -.-), which makes gearing towards a specific hit build all the more difficult. So if Phasmida puts you closer to, or at haste cap, use that. However, you should still go get Goading, you will probably need it down the road once your drk is better geared.

really, listen to that. Do those Missions before anything else. Rajas and Brutal are great for ANY of your Meleejobs. Also, get Af3+2 for WAR and DRK. You cant just ask about "this or that belt" and get a general awnser, you need to look at your whole gearset.

If you want to improve your gear, post your whole Set for TP and you can get an awnser what belt would be better for you (and your probably will get other suggestions to improve your gear)

The DRK forum has a guide, and has ALOT of Sets you can look at and set your goals for equip.
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/35174/dont-fear-the-reaper-a-dark-knight-guide/#arm
[+]
 Sylph.Shandok
By Sylph.Shandok 2013-01-18 12:59:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I love that DRK guide, its nicely done, wish all jobs had as good as a post lol.

As for CoP... ya ya... >.< Just got back in NOV to play hardcore and catch up from 75 era to this new aby 99 stuff, so its been on the backburner. Back then, CoP infuriated me.. spend all day working for it.. only to fail a mission and all that day was lost. Should be easier to do now indeed. Just still lazy, but yea, I need to get that.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2013-01-18 17:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

As much of a pain CoP could be sometimes at the 75 cap, its all pretty much soloable now. That being said, go get your ring and earring! :D
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-18 17:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

@OP
Just please have atleast 2 gearsets for these jobs, TP and WS, not one that's a hybrid between both.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-01-20 01:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shandok said: »
Yea I love that DRK guide, its nicely done, wish all jobs had as good as a post lol.

Heheh, thanks! ^_^