Brewless Lowman Cuijatender Strat Anyone?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Brewless lowman Cuijatender strat anyone?
Brewless lowman Cuijatender strat anyone?
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Syagin
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-01-03 09:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to get club for my mule, anyone care to share an affective strat that does not include a brew?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-03 09:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Migawari
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2013-01-03 09:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

SMN with Garuda.

Keep your distance except to blood pact so you have time to resummon. If you're too close and he kills Garuda use an elemental spirit to distract him, gain your distance, release it then resummon Garuda. It will take awhile, but providing you know how to not build hate soloing, you will be in no danger.

Alternatively, since I assume you are doing this for the belt, just brew him once, be done with it in a minute max and never have to do it ever again.

My reading skill leaves much to be desired.

In any event, Migawari or Summoner burning are the only ways I can think of killing this low man. Beastmaster will struggle because of the Call Beast timer and I can all but guarantee his ??? Needles will do a tonne of damage on every occasion you don't want it to - Like when Call Beast is down.
[+]
 Shiva.Arana
Server: Shiva
user: Arana1
By Shiva.Arana 2013-01-03 09:37:23
Link | Quote | Reply

You make me want to lvl smn Aeyela.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-01-03 09:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Migawari

^This - Bring a NIN + WHM, go during Blunt as a properly skilled WHM will have 10/15 of the Blue procs you'll need, or bring a MNK friend. If no THF for TH, WHM/THF with Dread (and TH sash if owned) for good TH effect too.
 Bismarck.Phetty
Server: Bismarck
user: Phetty
By Bismarck.Phetty 2013-01-03 09:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Throw wave after wave of men at it. Also can't it be stunned? Could of swore I heard of DNC soloing it at sometime.
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-01-03 09:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Have soloed it on nin/rdm with ease. Bring echo drops for sure, and remedies (I've done without) if you want to make him a joke.

Worth noting I use an optimal fast cast set, which makes keeping up migawari with one person on it a joke.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Server: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2013-01-03 10:11:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it builds stun resistance, needles is stunnable if you payin attention. Otherwise, migawari is your only option, excluding a 20 min pet kill. Im sure the RMT cleavers will be happy with a lame pet kill :)
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-01-03 10:58:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Arana said: »
You make me want to lvl smn Aeyela.
yeah thats pretty damn impressive D;
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-01-03 11:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I appreciate the promt replies guys thannk you.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-01-03 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

my group always did this.

1.looks for a group killing dragua, and ask to be in the pt at the end, so you all get a fanatics powder (AoE phys dmg nullifier).

2. find and pull cuji.

3. use a predetermined order to pop your fanatics

4. zerg it down fast, popping a new fanatics powder as soon as the previous one wears off
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-01-03 11:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

cast invisible on him and then break.
[+]
 Fenrir.Reece
By Fenrir.Reece 2013-01-03 11:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Just solo it on NIN with Migawari, turn if your timer goes down and you're without it.
By Aeyela 2013-01-03 11:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Unless it builds stun resistance, needles is stunnable if you payin attention. Otherwise, migawari is your only option, excluding a 20 min pet kill. Im sure the RMT cleavers will be happy with a lame pet kill :)

What with having to turn when migawari is down, a NIN kill takes about the same time. I also generally don't like any strategy that relies on Violent Flourish being 100% accurate, especially when lacking the Etoile Casaque. You might consider it 'lame', but Summoner killing things like this is probably the closest you will get to a guaranteed victory.
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-03 11:51:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I 2-boxed him as nin/thf + brd/whm.

It took me a couple tries because I wasn't that great at 2-boxing at the time, but with haste + double marches you can keep migawari up 100% of the time (until he uses ??? needles) even if you don't have fast cast gear for ninjutsu.

Here's what I did: start by putting Myoshu on yourself, then pull him with Yurin, run out of the mandy area and debuff with Hojo and Kurayami. Then put up Migawari. Have bard stay back until after he casts his first spell, then have him come in to carnage elegy, pining nocturne, and then stand max range of you to use paralyna and silena as necessary, throwing in cure 4 here and there if you need it. Whenever he uses ??? needles, just turn and don't feed him any tp until migawari is off cooldown. If you're bard gets bored, I'm pretty sure magic finale will dispel the photosynthesis but it's not really worth the effort.

Atmas I used:
Ninja - Razed Ruins, Gnarled Horn, Apocalypse
Bard - Allure, Minikin Monstrosity, Apocalypse

P.S. If you have someone that can bring TH for you, then I suggest swapping to /dnc or /war for faster kill. I'm not sure which will be faster because /dnc allows you to violent flourish which will keep migawari up more often but it's not really necessary. If you keep up Yurin and Myoshu, he really won't use TP moves very often.
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2013-01-03 11:55:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »

What with having to turn when migawari is down, a NIN kill takes about the same time. I also generally don't like any strategy that relies on Violent Flourish being 100% accurate, especially when lacking the Etoile Casaque. You might consider it 'lame', but Summoner killing things like this is probably the closest you will get to a guaranteed victory.

A decent nin can solo him in under 5 min, so not really.
By Aeyela 2013-01-03 11:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said: »
A decent nin can solo him in under 5 min, so not really.

It took me 14 blood pacts to solo him, so a little over 10 minutes. Considering the amount of time we put into this game I don't consider 5 minutes that much faster than 10. I think we're splitting hairs.
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-03 11:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah you can use SMN to kill a lot of things in abyssea if you have the patience for it. I personally don't like taking forever to kill everything. Also if your SMN isn't /thf then good luck on the drop. NIN is just a much easier, much faster kill, especially if you have someone to clean off paralyze and silence. Also you can fight during slashing time and hope to get lucky with blue proc.
By Aeyela 2013-01-03 12:07:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Yeah you can use SMN to kill a lot of things in abyssea if you have the patience for it. I personally don't like taking forever to kill everything. Also if your SMN isn't /thf then good luck on the drop. NIN is just a much easier, much faster kill, especially if you have someone to clean off paralyze and silence. Also you can fight during slashing time and hope to get lucky with blue proc.

I got blue with Retribution once. True story!
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-03 12:09:49
Link | Quote | Reply

SS or it didn't happen! =D
By Aeyela 2013-01-03 12:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

100% legit, I promise.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-01-03 12:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget SMN gets club skill too! BLACK HALO!
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2013-01-03 12:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fought him the other day with a friend. Him nin/dnc useing megawari for needle attack. Turning around if it was down. And a whm if needed. Took a little time, but it worked
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2013-01-03 12:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

If you don't have the nin option, you can go w/ two DDs and a healer. When one DD falls, the other takes its place. Ive tanked him easily as a weakened MNK. It'd look messy from the outside, with all the deaths, but its a really easy controlled fight.
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2013-01-03 13:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Aeyela said: »
100% legit, I promise.
LMAO!!!
[+]
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-01-07 08:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

i did him thf +whm duol boxed and just zombied him... was pretty ugly but got win. no drop though.

was jsut out there and was curios about him.
By Latifah 2013-01-07 09:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

too bad you're mithra aeyela
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-01-27 02:18:54
Link | Quote | Reply

jsts got my club 1/2 ( if you count my jsut messing with him on thief the fist time)

wnet out on nin/war, had a shouted thief with me for the belt my whm mule and my gf on blu

i simply just tanked the cactus wit migawary up and as soon as it was down i turned to avoid tp feeding until i could get it up again.
everyone was instrucuted to GTFO when i turned my back to the nm.

We got lucky it was sword for blu proc and gf got it on her blu.

it was a pretty controlled fight albeit a bit slow
he is very accurate and i had some issues getting shadows up no and then due to interuption even with evasion katan on (but otheriwse dd gear)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Boq
user: Boq
By Ragnarok.Boq 2013-02-13 07:20:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I too soloed the nm on smn using garuda. I got the club on the 4th kill without blue proc.
First Page 2