Gear help
 Ragnarok.Klife
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-01-01 18:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello!
So i just randomly got a coruscanti today and i'm now thinking of getting my thf out of the closet. So what is the best equip set for tp/ws with a coruscanti and no relics. Im guessing i should be spamming Evisceration? I havent played much my thf for a few years so any help will be apreciated.

ps: i got nothing from neo-nyzul. I would like to build a set without those equip.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-01 18:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna guess Skadi +1 is out of reach too. If it is, then 4/5 Empyrean with 3% haste boots and the usual accessories.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-01-01 19:01:38
Link | Quote | Reply

How would 2/5 af3+2 with Enif body, af2+2 feet and haste+4 gloves be?
HQ Limbus gear is hardly hard to get compared to NNI etc

Edit: Forgot af3 hands dont have haste, changed a bit!
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-01 19:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally assume those that say "no nni" probably don't do anything except Abyssea and the occasional get lucky on VW run. The enif set you mentioned is probably more or less equal for a bit more effort to get.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-01 19:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Get Exenterator as well if you have a merit 5/5 ws you dont use that much atm. Dmg difference is huge between Exen and Evis. As for the TP set, might as well stick to something simple, like Austar stated, til you can do the events & get more optimal gear to maximize tp potential.

Something like this is relatively cheap & pretty common. Could replace athos feet with something else that has 3% haste (Dusk +1 or worse comes to worse could rock dem pink feet)
 Ragnarok.Klife
Server: Ragnarok
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-01-01 21:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok to clarify, i can pretty much do any event except legion. I dont do neo-nyzul because all my jobs are mages and my best dd is ranger which is not so usefull for neo. I'm currently getting a set of enhancing for my sch but its not quite ready and if i go i still dont know which set of equip i will choose. Skadi is also a nope since i'm looting morrigan in my salvage +2 set.

Now back to thf setup. thanks pwnzone for the setup, thats about what i was thinking. i just wanted a general guideline. So for TP i should focus on maxing haste and forget about crit and other stats? and for the ws, just focus on agi and the elemental gorget/belt? dont need crit or increase crit damage for anything?

I'm thinking mustela set and loki body for exenterator since its agi modifier, is there anything else better? toci doesnt have agi on it.. or am i missing something? I got houyi neck from qilin if its better
Something like this:

thanks for your input.

ps: be nice english is my second language :)
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-01 21:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »
4/5 Empyrean with 3% haste boots and the usual accessories.
^^

As for Exenterator - Exenterator thread
[+]
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-01-01 22:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

AF2+2 feet will be better than the haste+3 alternatives suggested above in most situations. The exception being if you have marches or embrava on top of haste.

If you're using Af2+2 feet, Miodio Gloves should also trump Af3+2 hands unless you need the acc on them. (But Miodio are obviously rare and expensive so I'd stick with AF3+2).
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-02 05:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hijacking to not make a new thread~ what sets do you people use for SA and TA? I feel like I sacrifice too much haste in my current ones and take forever to swing @.@
 Sylph.Peldin
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-02 18:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I mainly use SA and TA for stacking with weaponskills now. On occasion I'll use SA for the first hit of the fight. Just stack all the dex and increased critical hit damage gear that you can and use autoexec to swap back to TP gear, or macro back to your normal TP gear as soon as the buff goes away. Once the fight starts, I don't think I ever bother to use them on normal hits. Using the job ability slows down your TP gain and really diminishes the value of the extra damage depending on how hasted you are.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-01-02 19:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty much for the same reason the last person did (not wanting to start a new thread) Looking for some advice on stacked WS (Evis/Exenter) sets.

SA-Evis

TA-Exenter

Don't have thaumas head yet i know i should use that for Exenter when i get it.

Also if possible what should I switch to AGI/DEX for using SA with Exenter and TA with Evis or if im doing something horribly wrong with both of them.

I don't have T6 Jeuno VW done so i don't have access to any of the PW gear.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-02 19:40:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Evis: Cuchulain's belt

Exen: Loki's, AGI earring

Both: Ocelo +1 head, Qirmiz Tathlum

Edit: Actually should be using boomerang as thf so cant really change that out
 Asura.Kurriko
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-01-03 06:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

The difference between your WS, SAWS and TAWS is the hands choice (AF1+1 for TA, AF3+2 for SA) and using Athos's Tabard or Loki's Kaftan over Thaumas body.

Exenterator:
Crudelis belt for easy stuff, Anguinus for when you are not acc capped. Tessera Saio for easy stuff if you ever get PW access, Thaumas if you need the acc. Kudzu and Thaumas when you don't need the acc is basically a wash.

I wouldn't bother with a 4AGI earring. Yes it's better for damage, but the difference is roughly the same as adding 1att and Ghillie+1 has acc+3 so as soon as you benefit from the acc it wins. So unless you have one knocking around from a Rng or Cor Last Stand set, save your gil.

Evisceration:
Augmented (Crit rate) Heca subligar+1, Augmented (Crit damage) Heca hands+1 (when not stacked). AF3+2 legs also beat Tumbler trunks if no heca subligar. Ghillie Earring+1. Oce Headpiece +1. Cuchulain's Belt. Justiciar's and Nefarious are basically equal.

The suggestions assume abyssea for Evisceration, and outside for Exenterator. If you're going to stack a WS with Sneak Attack, use Exenterator instead of Evisceration (yes, even though it has an AGI mod instead of a DEX one). Evisceration is basically limited to Abyssea or dagger proc WS now (or possibly if you get Blood Rage...)

The benefit of soloing your JAs is only lost when you're hasted out the rear with marches or embrava. Without them, considering it'll add around 1k in damage, it's worth the 1 second delay.

Edit: I left out neo-salvage pieces as I haven't gotten around to putting them all in the spreadsheet and playing with them for sa/ta/ws.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-03 06:54:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Peldin said: »
I mainly use SA and TA for stacking with weaponskills now. On occasion I'll use SA for the first hit of the fight. Just stack all the dex and increased critical hit damage gear that you can and use autoexec to swap back to TP gear, or macro back to your normal TP gear as soon as the buff goes away. Once the fight starts, I don't think I ever bother to use them on normal hits. Using the job ability slows down your TP gain and really diminishes the value of the extra damage depending on how hasted you are.
Well, mainly I use it for a chance at TH proc since it has a higher chance with those JA, pretty much only when I use bully trying to stagger in dyna; and like you said it slows dps, so I was looking for a better balance.
By Aeyela 2013-01-03 07:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what I'm doing, really.

If I'm fighting regular Dynamis monsters I keep my haste at 20% for SA/TA so that I swing the next round quicker. The extra damage from piling on more DEX or AGI becomes redundant if it causes you to take twice as long to swing the next attack round.

When on an NM or on something outside of Dynamis where Treasure Hunter is relevant, I use full TH gear. For example, when farming empyrean items or something. The chances of a TH upgrade on SA/TA is just too high to waste them doing a little more damage, especially when I'm only there for the purpose of increasing drop rates.

If you want exact items, I could make some item sets for what I use, although by no means am I the best geared Thief around, so you might want to ask someone who full times the job or takes it a lot more seriously than I do. =D
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-03 07:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll use Suji's signal just in case

*summons Suji*
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2013-01-03 07:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Sylph.Peldin said: »
Well, mainly I use it for a chance at TH proc since it has a higher chance with those JA, pretty much only when I use bully trying to stagger in dyna; and like you said it slows dps, so I was looking for a better balance.
Pretty sure they mentioned in an update that TH can proc on WS (invisibly), so there's no reason to waste it on regular swings :)
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-03 07:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I know, just kinda feels like a waste to not SA when I bully :(
 Leviathan.Apoptygma
Server: Leviathan
user: Apoptygma
By Leviathan.Apoptygma 2013-01-03 08:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

TPExen
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-01-03 10:24:30
Link | Quote | Reply

@ Kurriko Thanks that's just the info I needed.