First Page 2
 Siren.Narayan
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-10 14:34:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Simply that lol

Allow characters to change hair styles and colors. 7 years of the same Galka hair is a lil boring. Could be incorparated with dyes; allow armor, hair, w/e to be changed in colors.

(Tho not so much on the changing of the appearance of existing items, allowing characters with ranged weapons like bows to be seen carrying such bows. :) And some people are crazy for capes....)
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 14:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

NO CAPES. Ever seen The Incredibles? NO CAPES!
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 14:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this for FFXI or FFXIV?
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 14:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd imagine FFXIV, since it's in that forum. >.>

Yeah, the "Galka" part does make ya think FFXI though.... Since there won't be Galka in FFXIV.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2009-06-10 14:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

while i agree on most things...
i also agree on NO CAPES!
have you seen how fugly some capes are on the lil preview button?! ; ;
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2009-06-10 14:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea sorry on my screen it doesnt say ffxiv lol i had to click around to see. :P
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 14:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, shame it just says "Suggestions". But if ya click the link, it shows the FFXIV forum instead. :P
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-06-10 14:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I so wish they'd let us change our hair or faces in FFXI, too. Honestly. It would be cool. And it would be awesome to see my bow on my back, though it would have to share my back with my fire staff sometimes.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nieko
Server: Cerberus
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 14:53:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Being a taru my bows are often bigger than me lol
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-10 14:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I cant stand capes but I thought I'd mention it lol
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-10 15:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be nice to see bows back-slung and to also be able to change hair etc.

I always liked in Fable that you could get tattoos. Also, would love if I could remove the tattoo from the bald head of my hume male char.
 Siren.Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2009-06-10 15:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
It would be nice to see bows back-slung and to also be able to change hair etc.

I always liked in Fable that you could get tattoos. Also, would love if I could remove the tattoo from the bald head of my hume male char.

Lol 10k gil for lazer removal & 2k for a tramp stamp XD
[+]
 Fairy.Bruser
user: gorteg3
By Fairy.Bruser 2009-06-10 15:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I like the idea, rate up+1

( don't forget to rate the idea a - or + )
 Asura.Malekith
Server: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-06-10 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Get back to me on this when you can make a black toon... nvm there are Galka...
 Cerberus.Nieko
user: Nieko
By Cerberus.Nieko 2009-06-10 15:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:
Get back to me on this when you can make a black toon... nvm there are Galka...

*applauds*
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 15:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well.. With PW's character creator you can make their skin just about any shade you want. Sooo.... You could make a Black character if ya liked.
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-06-10 15:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Humor me as I'm slow on the accros... but wtf is PW?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-10 15:45:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

mah asiannnnnnnnnnn
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-10 15:48:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Perfect World. Or PWI for Perfect World International, the English version. It's been localized and changed to separate servers for like 4+ different languages.
 Garuda.Shizukat
Server: Garuda
user: Shizukat
By Garuda.Shizukat 2009-06-11 10:59:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll add a little to this, as I don't feel like the need to make a new thread for it.

Add something in the lines "Cosmetic Gear" in the same fashion as in Lord of The Rings Online, I really liked that featured when I was playing LotRO.
Basically you had different equipment sets, one that was your actualy gear (used for stats and such) and one cosmetic. The later is what you and the other players actually see you as on screen. It also had options to show/hide headgear and capes with it, for those how don't like it showing.
I'd really like to see that.
(PS: in LotRO you don't need to actually have the gear on you to put as cosmetic, only have it "equiped" once, and you can leave it at your house if you want)
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 11:19:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. They had a feature similar to that in PWI. There were two separate sheets/tabs in your EQ window. You had your main gear that had the useful stats and such, and then you had the aesthetic gear on another tab. You had the body/hands/legs/feet for the aesthetic.

It was nice to have two separate sheets because in PWI, you have a limited area for eq, similar to games like NWN. You'd have 'squares' in your bag and some items would take up more space than others. If you had gear equipped on either set in PWI though, it didn't take up space in your inventory.

I could see the possibility of this, especially if they have a 'Cash Shop' and use micro transactions for various pieces of aesthetic gear.
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
Server: Ramuh
user: Nixie
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-11 11:50:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Malekith said:

It's a game that Tbest feels the need to refer to in EVERY post he makes. Seriously, I haven't seen a single post w/o it.

It's another clone of Asian pvp games, identical to 2,000 other games. While true, it's fun for the first week or two, there's no real content to it. They have Raid-like things but they lose their fun when players control a territory cuz then its just PvP instead of PvE. It also gives you the ability to fly, another feature already covered by a handful of games before it.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 11:56:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
Malekith said:

It's a game that Tbest feels the need to refer to in EVERY post he makes. Seriously, I haven't seen a single post w/o it.

It's another clone of Asian pvp games, identical to 2,000 other games. While true, it's fun for the first week or two, there's no real content to it. They have Raid-like things but they lose their fun when players control a territory cuz then its just PvP instead of PvE. It also gives you the ability to fly, another feature already covered by a handful of games before it.

And? lol
You didn't like my explanation or what?

Generally... People compare one thing to another using their personal experience for reference. Because I've only played FFXI and PWI extensively as far as MMORPG's go, these are the games that I compare most often when talking about features.

I 'have' played GW, WoW, and another ftp that I believe was called Solstice in beta, however... My experience with those three games amounts to ~1-3 days of playtime in each.
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-11 12:07:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
Generally... People compare one thing to another using their personal experience for reference. Because I've only played FFXI and PWI extensively as far as MMORPG's go, these are the games that I compare most often when talking about features.

That's all fine and dandy when you're talking about a games features, or making comparisons... However, I've seen you reference PWI in posts that it had no business being in xD

Always kinda bugged me, finally said it is all. If you love the game so much, use it's forums. Idk why you still come here to post in the forums when you don't even play the game. It's one thing to post in the FF14 one, because everyones anticipating it, but you post in all the other forums too, lol.

Back on track though, I'd really like to be able to see capes personally. They're not gonna be the same as 11's display pictures, you can almost guarantee that. It's one of those little features i'd just like to see added. Keep people from staring at my butt for so long! Too bad it most likely won't happen, because of the whole "tail" thing, though. Cape would be in the way. They'd have to be short for the Mithra-clone race, making them ugly :(

On a side not... i really hope they don't add jumping to this game lol. Swimming maybe, but i hated games that had jumping. Something about watching 20 random people running around bouncing up and down 10 feet in the air like idiots bothered me. If they add jumping, at least make it realistic. Not a very high jump.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Anarkissed said:
Tbest said:

That's all fine and dandy when you're talking about a games features, or making comparisons... However, I've seen you reference PWI in posts that it had no business being in xD

Always kinda bugged me, finally said it is all. If you love the game so much, use it's forums. Idk why you still come here to post in the forums when you don't even play the game. It's one thing to post in the FF14 one, because everyones anticipating it, but you post in all the other forums too, lol.

Back on track though, I'd really like to be able to see capes personally. They're not gonna be the same as 11's display pictures, you can almost guarantee that. It's one of those little features i'd just like to see added. Keep people from staring at my butt for so long! Too bad it most likely won't happen, because of the whole "tail" thing, though. Cape would be in the way. They'd have to be short for the Mithra-clone race, making them ugly :(

On a side not... i really hope they don't add jumping to this game lol. Swimming maybe, but i hated games that had jumping. Something about watching 20 random people running around bouncing up and down 10 feet in the air like idiots bothered me. If they add jumping, at least make it realistic. Not a very high jump.

O.oa Don't play what game?

I like the jumping/swimming/flying tbh. These add so much to the ability to explore. Also... It is kind of annoying to see a 'ledge' that's a whole 4" high and I can't just step over it in FFXI. >.>

I also like being able to hold another character and move with them.
 Ramuh.Anarkissed
By Ramuh.Anarkissed 2009-06-11 12:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbest said:
O.oa Don't play what game?

I've seen you post before in a different section of these boards that you quit FFXI.
 Fairy.Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 12:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

lol... No. I 'did' quit posting on the forum here for a couple months. XD And I 'have' taken breaks from FFXI for up to 7 months or so at a time... But I've never fully "quit".

You can easily look up my main character and see that I'm still active. >.> Unless you just thought I gave my character away. lol
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-12 03:08:39
Link | Quote | Reply

If they add capes, I'm going to be spending a lot of time on high mountains in the wind <_<

I don't like jumping or swimming either, as I've said in numerous places, I'm all for greater freedom in exploration, but it has to be done really well so as not to provide TOO much freedom (or too much limitation, picky ain't I? :D).

And yes, I frigging hate being blocked by objects that a one legged midget could easily climb over in real life, so I'd prefer them to just make these obstacles a little more believable (which wouldn't be hard).
 Cerberus.Boundsoul
user: Boundsoul
By Cerberus.Boundsoul 2009-06-12 04:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

i'm against capes solely cuz i don't wanna see a bunch of hume/elvaan males running around in nothing but capes and subligaria looking like Captain Underpants. i don't care if it is the FFXIV equivalent of Amemet Mantle +1/Cerberus Mantlev and Republic Subligar.

User submitted image
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-06-12 09:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

God damnit, you just made me hate the cape idea :(
First Page 2