FFXI Payment: Error 401 & 601
First Page 2
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-16 11:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Sooo, my payment ran out last night, and for some reason I can't reactivate?
If I just try to reactivate and pay by credit card (direct, no click'n buy), I get error 401.
If I try to update my payment info first, it gives me error 601.
I did double-check that my info is correct, and also that I have money on my card.
Anybody know exactly what these errors are for?
I can't contact SE until tomorrow and this is really annoying D:
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2012-12-16 12:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the very same issue a while back. My bank insisted that the issue was on SE's end, and SE insisted that the issue was on my bank's end. I eventually gave up and swapped to UltimatePay -> Crysta. I had been using the same card without issue for several years, so... idk.

Don't expect the incomps SE to be able to help you with this, but good luck all the same.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-16 12:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thing is.. I can't use crysta.
Atleast I'm not getting the option to do so >_>
When I click "about crysta" and click buy crysta from that page, it does give me prices etc, but when I try to pick one it just gives me error and logs me out.
Fairly sure it's not just available in norway*
 Bahamut.Ascadia
Server: Bahamut
user: Ascadia
By Bahamut.Ascadia 2012-12-16 12:12:45
Link | Quote | Reply

That's really strange.

So, Add Crysta -> Click a price/amount -> can't let you do that Dave? or does it bring up the payment options/methods screen first?

Edit: If it is a localization thing with the crysta, can you find anywhere else on SE's stupidly convoluted account management site to add UltimatePay as a payment method?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-16 12:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I just tried using click'n buy for the hell of it.
That worked.
Hopefully I can cancel that and use direct payment again next month..
Still gonna contact SE tomorrow and ask wth happened >_>
[+]
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2012-12-16 12:30:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
I just tried using click'n buy for the hell of it.
That worked.
Hopefully I can cancel that and use direct payment again next month..
Still gonna contact SE tomorrow and ask wth happened >_>
Glad it worked. You're in the minority, I can assure you. Click n Buy has the absolute worse service I have ever seen and equally worse customer support. You actually have a 1/3 chance of losing your money with making a purchase from them.
I would definately seek other venues.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-12-16 12:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that's why I really wanted to not use it >_>
But I got kind of desperate..
Got a 30m.silver loan yesterday, and I don't really wanna be deactivated with other peoples currency on me.. lol
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2013-01-11 19:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I had the same problem this last month, too, except mine was when I tried to buy crysta, so I had to use Click and Buy.
By Tylaar 2013-01-11 23:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't use Crysta in Australia, and for whatever reason couldn't use my credit card on one of my accounts so resorted to Click and Buy. They've been 'ok'.. but this month they messed up the payment, causing SE to LM31 the account. Out for a few days even though the money had been transferred.. wasn't too happy.

The SE guy was pretty helpful and indicated this has happened a lot recently (C&B issues). I mentioned that my CC wasn't accepted, and he did say if I tried again and it didnt work they could do a manual check and approve the card so it'd be accepted by the the management system I'm pretty keen to move away from C&B so I'll be giving his suggestion a go.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1646 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Luckyseven
Server: Asura
By Asura.Luckyseven 2017-07-16 07:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Maaaaaaan!

I multibox and my characters have mostly been on different creditcards. I decided to update so that they all got charged to the same card.

Now I'm locked out and it doesn't matter what card I try, it just gives med Error Code 601.

Tried 7 different cards, mostly from different banks. This issue is on all characters. What the actual ***?

EU so can't buy Crysta. turning off adblock doesn't seem to help.

Any ideas?
By Felgarr 2017-07-16 08:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Your CC company might have blocked the transaction? ...and maybe SE is just reporting that with those error codes?

When it comes to multiple characters and credit cards, I've only successfully put 1 CC to 1 SE account with 2 POL IDs linked to it.

I've been too chicken to try any more than that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [452 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-11 03:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Just wanted to bump this and remind people this is still a thing it has happened to me the last 2 months in a row. There is no issue with my funds or my card and it randomly works 2-3 days later. It will allow 0 payment options not even paypal. I also use 2 diff accounts they told me it could be that but that doesn't make sense either.

In short SE "fix your billing system please, you know considering that is how people pay you?"
It is not credit card company also It is on Square's side blocking credit cards they feel might be fraudulent" Most answers people receive from Customer support are people who do not know or care what it is, they are just the call center.

Just ranting because I am poopy pants and I cant play and missed my Aeonic clears tonight.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-10-11 03:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's billing systeme has a "protection" to prevent a CC to be fraudulently used to pay multiple accounts. you cannot pay in anyway for anything 2 different SE accounts back to back.

there is a delay of a few days, i guess for banking acknowledgement, so that the 2 operations can not be considered the same. they will never admit it at SE, "it's for your protection we cannot tell you more about it", but trial and error has shown that 5 days is a safe delay between payment. i'm sure it could be down to 3 days as it seems to be an average bank delay for operations.

so now, i just buy crysta with a rotation for my accounts. it's the best way to not trigger their shitty limitation. and since you are not supposed to have multiple account (the hypocrisy there...) you have no reason to want to pay for more than one... "we suggest you link all the account to a single SE account to make payment easier" and other stuff alike.
 Cerberus.Genoside
By Cerberus.Genoside 2018-10-11 03:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

can you still dual wield pol accounts under the same square enix id? I didnt think you could.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-11 04:07:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Their payment system has been nothing short of a headache. Even way back when I single boxed it was ridiculous. I had to literally drive to my bank every month and get a special note put on my card(account) to make the payment. They made me come in and sign documents every *** time.

Ever since they added crysta it's been headache free. Just drop 20 bucks on paypal and buy 2000 crysta. So much easier.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1542 days between previous and next post]
By Zierk 2022-12-31 04:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping because this just happened to me on the last day 2022... fml spending an hour on hold in the fraud department with my bank just to find out this is a thing.

Paypal > Crysta worked like a charm for me. Thank you.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-12-31 07:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding to bump... I have the same card and bank on File for 2 years. Nothing wrong on banks end nor anything wrong with the card. IS this just some random bug that pops up once in a great while?
By Pantafernando 2022-12-31 08:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

No, its like that for a loooong long time.

Paypal was introduced exactly because they didnt want to fix their garbage system.
[+]
By RadialArcana 2022-12-31 08:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the issue is linked either with paying for multiple accounts, and your CC keeps thinking its some kind of bug where you paid 3 times or region issues. I'm not sure. I think it started happening when they merged the account system from playonline to the ff14 square enix accounts.

I was paying by CC for a long time, then one day it would not accept it. I was forced to use paypal from that day on.
 Asura.Otomis
By Asura.Otomis 2022-12-31 08:21:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Just swapped to Paypay/Crysta and all set.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-12-31 08:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Some banks/cards don't allow you to pay other countries. They of course don't tell you when they change policies.

So one day your ***just stops working. It also happens at random. It's really irritating just how hard it is to simply give these chucklefucks the sub money sometimes.
By Pantafernando 2022-12-31 08:47:27
Link | Quote | Reply

With me, this problem started when I was paying for mules.

Probably during the conception, SE believed it would only make sense for a CC paying for one, at most two accounts because, in their mind, FFXI was supposed to be 1 person = 1 account.

After multiboxing become (more) normal, then I suppose it was kinda suspicious to SE seeing people paying multiples accounts, maybe some sort of scam.

At start, I used my own CC for two accounts, then used 2 another CCs for other accounts, but then the incremental block started to happen. Every attempt of using the same CC after the first block would result in extension of the penalty. At some point, my original CC was completely unusable because I never know when the block was cleared.
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2022-12-31 08:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

welp this is stupid, same card on 4 SE accounts, 3 are fine and 1 wont take the payment... error 601. well 2 arent due yet but 1 renewed on the 28th and went through, one that was due last night did not.
By RadialArcana 2022-12-31 09:05:54
Link | Quote | Reply

If you have different region accounts that's why, square enix is split up by region and they aren't supposed to accept money from the other regions.

You can just get around it with paypal though.
 Leviathan.Aqeeb
Server: Leviathan
user: Aqeeb
By Leviathan.Aqeeb 2022-12-31 09:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Crysta with paypal worked... but id rather have it on my card every month so i dont have to mess with it. Was anyone else that had to use crysta able to swap back to a card after the 3-5 days that some mention waiting?
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2022-12-31 10:21:56
Link | Quote | Reply

This usually happens because you're paying for too many accounts in too short a time period, and their third party anti-fraud vendor(iovation) determines that you are a fraud/chargeback risk because of that. Unfortunately, if you ever let your accounts lapse, that also means you want to reactivate them all on the same day and you end up with the billings synced, so back to this issue.

If you can feasibly stagger the billing by at least 3 days per character, that will let you leave them on autopay with no trouble in my experience.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2022-12-31 10:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a payment issue today as well, on a card I've been using for years, with a bank I've been using for over a decade. I only have 1 account.

Clearly something is wrong on their end.
By Trillium 2022-12-31 11:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Locked out. Same region, accounts that were activated again like 3+ years ago monthly billings since then no issues. Error code 401 all over the place. Adding crysta same thing. Tried 3 credits cards, 1 mc and 2 visas... something going on. only 1 of 3 accounts failed to make payment last night... very odd. All three did get DC around the same time, didn't see the error message as decided it was a sign I should go to bed lol... sent email support help request to SE. Somewhat glad others are having issues, hopefully gets resolved despite the holiday...
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2022-12-31 13:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm glad this wasn't just me. What a shitty system. I only have four characters, two of which only ever get touched during free login periods. Neither my credit nor debit card would be accepted. As others have said, using Paypal to buy Crysta works in a pinch. But I have zero interest in their gacha-style currency conversion. I'm going to have 405 Crysta leftover until the end of time. Has anyone had success getting the issue fixed via support? Obviously they won't be accessible until Monday at the earliest, though.
First Page 2