user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-19 22:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

11-19-2012 07:25 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello Dragoons,

We understand that wyvern breath damage is low and this is something that we would like adjust moving forward.

In regards to Ophannus's dragoon ability suggestion, before we adjust wyvern attack, speed, and accuracy, we would need to closely examine the damage dealt in conjunction with the actual dragoon. We'll keep you updated as we progress on this topic.
Subscribe
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-19 22:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Congrats Orphannus you are famous! Too bad this announcement really doesn't announce a whole lot.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-19 22:20:09
Link | Quote | Reply

While I seriously hope they are actually considering his suggestions because they are awesome, I have a feeling it's gunna be more like this:

Quote:
Dev1: Drgs are pissed...

Dev2: Hmm, let's buff the most useless part of drg to deter their rage while we completely ignore their actual suggestions!

Dev1: Here's a post that has a complaint about wyvern breath damage, does that work?

Dev2: Perfect, Make it so!
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-19 22:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

We do need something to help with our damage output on some stuff i have done alot more than the other heavier dds and on the harder tier damage sucks. Back at 75 cap i did come up with 2 Aura type jas for the wyvern guess they would be sphere effects these days.

Devilish Wyrm
Gives the wyvern dark armour and darker skin, aura effect (drg and wyvern only) att+25%, def-25%, 5% JA haste, str/dex/vit/agi+6, mnd/int/chr-6, increase wyvern breath damage, wyvern will not use healing/ailment cure breaths.

Heavenly Wyrm
Gives the wyvern holy armour and lighter skin, aura effect (drg and wyvern only) def+25% regen+25 refresh+2, new tier of healing breath(we got this bit so obviously isnt needed) grants wyvern erase breath, ailment cure breaths give high resistance to that ailment its just cured.

Lasts 3mins recast time is 5mins.
[+]
By Ophannus 2012-11-19 22:42:07
Link | Quote | Reply

To be honest I'm surprised I got a response because so far I thought the English community team never posts original content. 99.9% of their posts aren't their own, they simply translate what the JP's post earlier that day and put their own spin on it. The English community team will see a JP post regarding Pianissimo from the JP community tram, translate it into English and then scour the English forum for a thread REMOTELY relative to Pianissimo and then post their translated information as if they're directly responding to that person's thread. This post from Okipuit on my thread was actually original though, but it remains to be seen if the JP devs listen.

I secretly want them to implement "Muster" because having Spirit Link take 50% of a Wyvern's TP every 90 seconds amounts to a free weapon skill every 90 seconds for the DRG as long as you don't use a Smiting/Healing Breath. Could do self skillchain with Spirit Link or if you have OAT/Mythic: Sekkanoki,Meditate,Stardiver,Stardiver,Spirit Jump,Stardiver,Soul Jump,Stardiver,Spirit Link, Stardiver. =)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aelius
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aelius
By Lakshmi.Aelius 2012-11-19 22:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't worry, SE's way of 'fixing' things will be to alter the Call Wyvern recast time to 10 minutes. -_-

"There, we did something."
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-19 22:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
To be honest I'm surprised I got a response because so far I thought the English community team never posts original content. 99.9% of their posts aren't their own, they simply translate what the JP's post earlier that day and put their own spin on it. The English community team will see a JP post regarding Pianissimo from the JP community tram, translate it into English and then scour the English forum for a thread REMOTELY relative to Pianissimo and then post their translated information as if they're directly responding to that person's thread. This post from Okipuit on my thread was actually original though, but it remains to be seen if the JP devs listen.
I'm not saying that they don't do that, but it's very possible that their are JP community responses w/o quotes that originated from the NA/EU/FR/DE side except they just don't quote the post.

It's most likely that they don't do that though, but I've personally got Camate to get a response for a question I had so at least they do something and it only took a day for him to get back with a response that the JP side didn't post about.
By Chyula 2012-11-19 22:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

does SE realize you can't crunch out damage if your pet is dead. Even if they double of triple the current pet's damage will not solve anything when it die in 2-3 aoe spams from anything that matters.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Chibiclone
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Chibiclone 2012-11-19 23:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »
does SE realize you can't crunch out damage if your pet is dead. Even if they double of triple the current pet's damage will not solve anything when it die in 2-3 aoe spams from anything that matters.

Here, here. On some stuff I can do a pretty good job of keeping my wyvern alive, but only if I keep watch and actually try (Pil comes to mind). On other things (Ig-alma comes to mind) he's dead before I can even pretend to try and care.

Do anything you want about buffing it's damage, but until they come up with a way to let it not die (or at least let us resummon the thing quickly) it's really just dead weight on anything other than trash.
By Ophannus 2012-11-19 23:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

^ If they're shortening 2hours down to 30minutes, I think they will shorten Call Wyvern to 10 minutes. That seems reasonable to me. Anything under 10 minutes for Call Wyvern and they'd need to start taking back some of the damage reductions they gave to the wyvern and start weakening Spirit Link's regen/recast and Steady Wing; since those were all strengthened with a 20min recast in mind.
 Fenrir.Moldtech
Server: Fenrir
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-11-19 23:14:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, after they implement it and then nerf it later because it's "overpowered" like Embrava. It'll be like:

Moldtech uses Muster.

Duke surrounds Moldtech with a refresh aura.

Jumps are inactive during aura.
By Ophannus 2012-11-19 23:14:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/320
You guys should check out the localization forum on the official forums. Those GMs respond FAST and OFTEN! I had them change the "The Effect of Flash Wears Off" and a few other ones too. Byrnoth had them change a lot fo the ambiguous terms regarding many JA,spells, pieces of equipment and mythic weapons.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-19 23:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

They actually do an awesome job in that section.
[+]
 Ramuh.Pyromaster
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Pyromaster 2012-11-19 23:17:44
Link | Quote | Reply

they should make pets more customizable like puppets.... and different models, that would be able to make it survive more/be more useful and make pet dragons so much cooler like they always should have been...
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-19 23:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ophannus said: »
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/forums/320
You guys should check out the localization forum on the official forums. Those GMs respond FAST and OFTEN! I had them change the "The Effect of Flash Wears Off" and a few other ones too. Byrnoth had them change a lot fo the ambiguous terms regarding many JA,spells, pieces of equipment and mythic weapons.
You weren't kidding. O_O
By Ophannus 2012-11-19 23:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The game is 11 years old, honestly at this point I don't care anymore about what the Wyvern looks like. It's way past that point.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-19 23:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

90 hours in paint

edit: fixed...i hope
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-19 23:28:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The link is broken.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-20 00:09:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Since they are thinking about improving the wyvern... I think they should allow pt buffs and other such spells to be cast on wyverns. Aoe effects as well!

Though others could possibly see a downside...
Drg: Whm... My wyvern's haste wore!!!
Drg: /p <pethpp>!! Cure please!
By Chyula 2012-11-20 00:23:01
Link | Quote | Reply

just make the pet immune to damage in a 5 minute duration with a 7-10 mins recast timer. or something like 3 mins duration with a 5 mins recast.
By Ophannus 2012-11-20 06:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

3k Stoneskin from Steady Wing and native 40% Damage Taken Reduction is fine. Spirit Link with 4/5 Empathy twice, give your wyvern higher resistances/defense. Spirit Link imparts a 33/tick regen, use Dawn Mulsums if it gets bad. Wyvern should really not be getting one shotted anymore. Two shotted maybe, but between those two shots you should Spirit Link, or Steady Wing, Dawn Mulsum or Super Jump.
 Siren.Ihm
VIP
user: Ihm
By Siren.Ihm 2012-11-21 07:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Inb4 making drg weaker so they can strengthen the wyvern slightly.
By Aeyela 2012-11-21 07:45:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aelius said: »
Don't worry, SE's way of 'fixing' things will be to alter the Call Wyvern recast time to 10 minutes. -_-

"There, we did something."

That would actually be quite nice.
[+]
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-21 07:57:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Ihm said: »
Inb4 making drg weaker so they can strengthen the wyvern slightly.
*Dev Team looks at Wyvern under effects of Ryunohige*
"We might need to adjust that"

More seriously though I always wanted wyvern to be a different color based on your subjob. They have no problem color changing/reskinning stuff like the crawler model in the game, not sure why they cant add a different skin for offensive/defensive/multipurpose wyvern.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-21 08:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with Ryu, wyverns still suck. They actually benefit very little from the OA2~3 effect, cause they spend all their time locked up spewing worthless breaths rather than melee'ing.

It's funny that wyverns would actually do more DMG not WS'ing at all.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2012-11-21 08:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Since they are thinking about improving the wyvern... I think they should allow pt buffs and other such spells to be cast on wyverns. Aoe effects as well!

Though others could possibly see a downside...
Drg: Whm... My wyvern's haste wore!!!
Drg: /p <pethpp>!! Cure please!

If the whm hastes the dragoon and then the drg spirit links with empathy to give it to the wyvern, the whm already sees the message that haste wears from the wyvern.

I hate offensive wyvern, its damage breath sucks and its a waste of its tp and locks it up from normal attacks. I much more prefer a defensive wyvern and using it as a tp battery with spirit link so *I* can spam more ws.
[+]
 Sylph.Wardeniii
Server: Sylph
user: Wardeniii
By Sylph.Wardeniii 2012-11-21 09:01:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
11-19-2012 07:25 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Hello Dragoons,

We understand that wyvern breath damage is low and this is something that we would like adjust moving forward.

In regards to Ophannus's dragoon ability suggestion, before we adjust wyvern attack, speed, and accuracy, we would need to closely examine the damage dealt in conjunction with the actual dragoon. We'll keep you updated as we progress on this topic.
Subscribe

Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-21 12:51:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Even with Ryu, wyverns still suck. They actually benefit very little from the OA2~3 effect, cause they spend all their time locked up spewing worthless breaths rather than melee'ing.

It's funny that wyverns would actually do more DMG not WS'ing at all.
I've read somewhere that the wyvern can only attack up to two times in one round even with AM3 up. Is this true? :(
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-21 15:41:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've confirmed wyvern TA's from both atma and AM3
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-21 15:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply