Dragoon Helm Questions?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Dragoon Helm Questions?
Dragoon Helm Questions?
 Caitsith.Comedies
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Comedies
By Caitsith.Comedies 2009-06-06 14:57:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Whats the big difference from Saurian Helm and DRG AF Helm?

My dad just recently attained 75DRG. And has doesn't know if he should get this. I have the 6 macro lines. So if I had both of these how would set up this along with the AF Helm?
 Seraph.Greyfin
Server: Seraph
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-06-06 14:59:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This is what i equip to trigger Healing breath.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/bassx100/pol2009-06-0614-57-38-46.jpg

Then i hit my macro to cast the magic and it equips my relic head.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v226/bassx100/pol2009-06-0614-57-44-37.jpg

The reason i have 2 diff macros is due to the fact that you can get interrupted, so its good to hit the first macro to reset to regular AF helm, then hit your magic macro again to re-equip relic, or Saurian in this case.
 Valefor.Schoolarnia
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Schoolarnia 2009-06-06 15:51:20
Link | Quote | Reply

basically in short every dragoon needs this! a must, one if not the most important pieces u can have.basically it cuts the limits for healing breath trigger. /whm 50% hp multi purpose jobs 30%hp.the starting point for healing breath without helm is /whm 1/3 health and multi purpose 1/4.think of it when soloing /whm /blu /rdm are ure friend this allows u to solo and what makes dragoon so good.halving healing breath trigger at 50% rather than 30% is so nice cuz when u solo at those levels 30% can get u one shotted~:} hope this helps.oh and same applies to party members.set maccros for dia -paralyze -poisona -barspells and whatever else u need to trigger.barfire is 12mp so i dont use often but casts megafast so i only use in extreme emgergency.
 Diabolos.Cassi
Server: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Cassi 2009-06-06 17:12:40
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Schoolarnia said:
basically in short every dragoon needs this! a must, one if not the most important pieces u can have.basically it cuts the limits for healing breath trigger. /whm 50% hp multi purpose jobs 30%hp.the starting point for healing breath without helm is /whm 1/3 health and multi purpose 1/4.think of it when soloing /whm /blu /rdm are ure friend this allows u to solo and what makes dragoon so good.halving healing breath trigger at 50% rather than 30% is so nice cuz when u solo at those levels 30% can get u one shotted~:} hope this helps.oh and same applies to party members.set maccros for dia -paralyze -poisona -barspells and whatever else u need to trigger.barfire is 12mp so i dont use often but casts megafast so i only use in extreme emgergency.

This is all about DRG AF helm.

I never tested saurian, but its a baby wyrm armet, it'll make your wyvern's cures bigger..

edit, AF1 triggers breath, saur increases the potency.
 Cerberus.Orodreth
Server: Cerberus
user: orodreth
By Cerberus.Orodreth 2009-06-06 17:21:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Comedies said:
Whats the big difference from Saurian Helm and DRG AF Helm?

My dad just recently attained 75DRG. And has doesn't know if he should get this. I have the 6 macro lines. So if I had both of these how would set up this along with the AF Helm?

Like Schoolarnia says, AF1 helm makes healing breath proc at 50% hp instead of 33% hp with a mage subjob, saurian helm can be equiped after healing breath start to boost the amount of HP cured.
AF2 helm also boosts HP cured from healing breath but more than saurian and you cant combine both~
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-06-06 17:22:34
Link | Quote | Reply

To the OP the differnce between the 2 helmets is this:

Saurian Helm increases the amount cured by Healing Breath, and DRG AF Helm allows you to trigger Healing Breath much earlier (1/2 hp with mage sub).

I got a Saurian Helm and was very satisfied. Both of them should be used in conjunction with each other. AF should be equipped for when you cast your trigger spell, and right after your Wyvern start to ready Healing Breath the Saurian Helm should be equipped. That way you get the effect of both helmets. Any DRG that loves to solo and has no way of getting a Wyrm Armet should definitely pick up a Saurian Helm.
 Ramuh.Omegisroth
Server: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Omegisroth 2009-06-06 17:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

For any new 75DRG, a Saurian Helm is a great addition to the DRGs that like to solo. If your dad is lucky enough he will get into a good Dynamis Linkshell and eventually get a Wyrm Armet but Saurian Helm is good until then. He probably already knows this but at lvl 1 his wyvern already had Healing Breath I (equal to Cure), at lvl 20 he gained Healing Breath II (equal to Cure II), and finally at lvl 40 he gained Healing Breath III (equal to Cure III). With just the Drachen Armet alone his healing breaths will trigger when his HP drops below 50% and his subjob is /whm, /blm, /smn, /rdm, /blu, or /sch.

With Saurian Helm he will see roughly a 57.75% increase in healing capability. Of course with Wyrm Armet this goes up to roughly a 66.7% bonus. Also just an added tidbit of info both the Saurian Helm and Wyrm Armet will increase his wyvern's offensive breaths (not by much as its dmg is related to your wyvern's current hp).

So now when your dad goes to trigger his wyvern's Healing Breath it is usually a good thing to already have on his wyvern hp+ gear since there does seem to be about a 2-3 second delay before the game recalculates the wyvern's hp for Healing Breath when you try to swap in wyvern hp+ gear. AF legs and Chanoix's Gorget are a good start until AF legs +1 and homam feet. A good macro would look something like this:

/ma "Dia" <t>
/equip Head "Drachen Armet"
/wait 1
/equip Head "Saurian Helm"
/wait 3
/equip Head "Walahra Turban" (or w/e he TPs in)

I know the question was very simple and yes I probably overexplained a little but knowing is half the battle. GO G.I. JOE!
 Caitsith.Comedies
By Caitsith.Comedies 2009-06-06 19:57:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok thanks for all the help. Ill be sure to let him know. He wants me to go solo the wyvern's to get him this helm :(

His current macro looks like this:

/ma "Poisona" <me>
/wait 1
/equip Head "Walahra Turban"

Omegisroth, Your example is what i was looking for. But I have a question doesn't the AF helm have to be first on the macro line?(Like dad aleady has it?)

/ma "Dia" <t>
/wait 1
/equip Head "Saurian Helm"
/wait 3
/equip Head "Walahra Turban"
 Ramuh.Omegisroth
By Ramuh.Omegisroth 2009-06-06 20:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really. By the time Dia gets off he should be in his Drachen Armet anyways. Really he can stick with his current macro though because that also works. As far as the wyvern fight I would recommend blms and at least 1 brd and use the Sleep + Nukes strat.
 Caitsith.Comedies
By Caitsith.Comedies 2009-06-06 22:19:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I may just buy the helm and save the headache of it.
 Asura.Charlottie
Server: Asura
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-06-06 23:56:14
Link | Quote | Reply

i spent a little time without my saurian (had to return it to it's owner).. and i was basically crippled. wyrm armet failing to drop, i decided to splurge and bought it. i couldn't be happier.

i do this thing in campaign- get max hp boost, spiritlink+empathy it to my wyvern. with all of my other healing breath equipment.. and with deep breathing.. i can break 1k healed easy.

wyrm armet is more potent yet, gra i want it.
 Ramuh.Awangarda
user: Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2009-06-07 00:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlottie said:
'spiritlink+empathy'
what does it have in common with HB potency?
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-06-07 00:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

wyvern max hp

from the wiki:

FLOOR(0.1757*(Drachen Brais Bonus + Wyvern XP Bonus + 1)*(Helm Bonus + Wyvern TP Bonus + Deep Breathing Bonus + 1)*(Wyv. HP + Wyv +HP gear)+42)
Wyrm Armet grants a 66.7% bonus.
Saurian Helm grants a 57.75% bonus.
 Caitsith.Xyooj
user: Xyooj
By Caitsith.Xyooj 2009-06-07 04:04:00
Link | Quote | Reply

also another tip, besides the obvious wyvern HP + gear for added healing breath. i like to carry some HP gear to increase my HP so healing breath can kick in sooner.
 Ramuh.Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2009-06-09 16:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Charlottie said:
wyvern max hp

from the wiki:

FLOOR(0.1757*(Drachen Brais Bonus + Wyvern XP Bonus + 1)*(Helm Bonus + Wyvern TP Bonus + Deep Breathing Bonus + 1)*(Wyv. HP + Wyv +HP gear)+42)
Wyrm Armet grants a 66.7% bonus.
Saurian Helm grants a 57.75% bonus.

it does not expain a thing. it mentions Deep Breathing, equipment, base hp, but no other merits to the one above.
so what sub job trait or wyv. acc. have to do with this?
I'm not saying it does not, I am quite simply asking for more explaination.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-06-09 16:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Awangarda said:
it does not expain a thing. it mentions Deep Breathing, equipment, base hp, but no other merits to the one above.
so what sub job trait or wyv. acc. have to do with this?
I'm not saying it does not, I am quite simply asking for more explaination.

Using the HP boost and then Spirit Link(with empathy) gives your wyvern more HP which translates to higher HBs.
 Ramuh.Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2009-06-09 17:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

what HP boost?

edit:
ok, I think I understand that now - with spirit link you can transfer one (or more) beneficial status to your wivern. in order to boost healing breath, we need max hp boost, right?
therefore, what items spells should be used to achieve this effect on ourselves first?
 Lakshmi.Tyndal
Server: Lakshmi
user: delan35
By Lakshmi.Tyndal 2009-06-09 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Awangarda said:
therefore, what items spells should be used to achieve this effect on ourselves first?

The only items that give this are the "body boost" items from campaign/besieged/nyzul. I've never tried to transfer the MNK JA (not that it would be worth it for how little it really gives). You are far better off just focusing on +wyvern HP gear for how situational HP boost items are. My HB, after 1000 xp, is 505 with no Deep Breathing (af1+1/af2+1 helms, af1+1 pants, chanoix gorget, homam feet are my normal items when I am focusing on healing)
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-06-09 17:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Awangarda said:

There are no spells that will boost your wyvern's HP. The items that will do this are listed here: Wyvern HP+ Items
 Ramuh.Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2009-06-09 19:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Baelorn said:
Awangarda said:

There are no spells that will boost your wyvern's HP. The items that will do this are listed here: Wyvern HP+ Items

well, this is my point. so saying this:
'get max hp boost, spiritlink+empathy it to my wyvern. with all of my other healing breath equipment.. and with deep breathing.. i can break 1k healed easy.'
what max hp boost do you mean and what is the point of doing spiritlink+empathy as Healing Breath is based on wyvern's max, not current hp? possibly in the first line you meant wyvern hp gear, but then why saying it again in the second last line, just before mentioning the almighty Deep Breathing.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2009-06-09 19:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

They're using an item from campaign that boosts their HP and then transferring it to their wyvern. Hope that clears it up.
 Lakshmi.Tyndal
By Lakshmi.Tyndal 2009-06-09 19:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

There ARE max HP boost items. But they are limited to campaign/besieged/nyzul, so, while the statement is correct, it is extremely situational. Under most circumstances the best you are going to do is with the +wyvern HP gear, and ignore spirit link + empathy, and you will max out a little above 500 HP cured from Healing Breath.
 Ramuh.Awangarda
By Ramuh.Awangarda 2009-06-09 19:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

for clarity reasons, should we name the campaing hp boost item?
also, my record for the biggest HB is somewhere near this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=9824
post your screenshots.
 Lakshmi.Tyndal
By Lakshmi.Tyndal 2009-06-09 19:42:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Awangarda said:
for clarity reasons, should we name the campaing hp boost item?
also, my record for the biggest HB is somewhere near this:
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=9824
post your screenshots.

it is called "Body Boost" (every place except Besieged, where it is "Giants Drink"), and I don't have Deep Breathing, so I can't get the max, but I hit 505 with 0 wyvern TP. I could boost it a little more if I ever bothered to use Wyvern Mail, or if I used Puk Lance in Assault (but I always forget it sitting on my Mannequin), but I find that 500 is good enough for all the situations I'm in.
 Asura.Charlottie
By Asura.Charlottie 2009-06-10 03:25:51
Link | Quote | Reply

you can go pretty high with all the items and full pettp (and deep breathing of course.) i wouldn't be able to test it myself.. but i'm thinking somewhere in the range of 1.4k. i would love to see a screenshot of this. you would need drachen brais +1.. egh.
 Lakshmi.Tyndal
By Lakshmi.Tyndal 2009-06-10 04:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Without Deep Breathing, I think I hit about 600 with more gear and more than 0 TP. I'm not meriting more to test with Deep Breathing, but if it doubles it 1200, maybe a little higher, since I've never actually done it, I too cannot be positive.