Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » New SP
New SP
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-11-10 05:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hellow fellow DRG's. I don't know if ppl already looked that up, but the new sp for drg is really interesting. Even more with a Ryu or a oat.
Grab some tissue before reading this. Credits to Camlan and Kalila

Quote:
Dragoon : While effect is active, there will be no cool down timer for Jump.
The ability will affect all jumps and when activating the special ability, any recast timers that are up for jumps will be reset. While it will no longer be possible to spam the same jump in succession with no delay in between, we feel that the adjusted effect will quite beneficial with the increase duration.

Recast time will be increased from 0 to 10 seconds.
Effect duration will be increased from 30 seconds to 45 seconds.

We are also planning to make it possible to reduce the recast time further via merit points in the future.

I'm really lookigjn forward to this.
 Shiva.Zidian
Server: Shiva
user: Zidian
By Shiva.Zidian 2012-11-10 07:52:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I guarantee you this wont hit the live servers. its way to broken, a DRG could pump out ridiculous amounts of damage with spamming jummps at no cost. Unless the JA lasts 5-10 seconds, I cant see this actually happening.
 Odin.Skeero
Server: Odin
By Odin.Skeero 2012-11-10 08:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Heaven forbid Drg has its moment to shine
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-10 09:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, there (sadly) will be more adjustments to come.

They really shouldn't have hyped up DRG's as much as they did, cause now they are going to rip them apart with weakening the new SP :(

I hope the finalized version is still awesome though, it would be nice for DRG to get some love!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-10 09:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways, if you are a DRG, love to play it, and can play on the PC, then you should sign up for the test server to see how ridiculous the 0 delay SP is. You're able to test it now, for the limited time it's up there.
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
Server: Carbuncle
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2012-11-10 09:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

It will be most likely nerf, but still, this is a great sp with great potential.
It has already been nerfed, since it was supposed to be 30sec of jumps without recast, now it's a 10s recast with a 45s duration.
That's actually 2 jumps every 10 sec, aka 8-10ish jumps during the whole process.
(Assuming jump/high jump are still sharing recast with spirit/soul.)

Let's say they nerf it even more, that will still be a good improve to drg.
Guess we'll have to wait on test server's results.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-10 12:17:43
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/32257/dev1135-new-special-job-abilities/23/#2081703

According to the last JP post that Slycer translated they are looking to separate timers but at a significant cost...

SP duration will stay 45 secs but recast of each jump will now be 15 seconds...

Jump(Recast stays at 60 secs, 50 with merits) and High jump(Recast stays at 120 secs 100 with merits) will no longer share timers with spirit(Recast will now be 90 seconds and merits won't affect it) and soul(Recast is now 180 seconds and merits won't affect it).

At first I thought, OMGOMGOMG 4 jumps! This should be awesome! But after reading more and talking to people, it hurts drg's dd especially in high haste situations since a normal jump isn't even worth using because of JA delay and only getting enough tp for a single hit anyway. Spirit gives X2 tp and Soul gives X3 tp which is a huge bonus and extending the timers on them by 50% is pretty awful. They are already limited by a need to keep the wyvern alive to get the bonus, otherwise they are just like normal jumps.

It's sad that they started with something so awesome and instantly decided to gimp it in to the ground yet left it unchanged on the test server to tease even more. I guess we'll see how things go but I'm really hoping they reduce the recast on Spirit and soul atleast by a bit or make merits affect them and put the recast during the SP2 ability down to 10 secs again.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 13:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Anyways, if you are a DRG, love to play it, and can play on the PC, then you should sign up for the test server to see how ridiculous the 0 delay SP is. You're able to test it now, for the limited time it's up there.
Not to mention you can get a free Ryunohige to play around with ontop of it... speaking of kali where is the link for the test server i want to play with this a bit myself...
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-10 13:43:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll see if I can find it for you, one sec
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-11-10 13:47:18
Link | Quote | Reply

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/13713

Also, for those who don't know, you can talk to the ToM moogle to get any trial weapon you want.

For instance, if you wanted to try out the level 99 Afterglow version of Ryunohige then go to search trial number, enter in #3625, and there you go, a weapon that would take any normal player 8 years to create.
 Sylph.Knala
Server: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-10 21:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks!~ i may not be playing regular XI but might be fun to mess around on the test servers <.<

Edit: umm... hmmm there any torrent links to the test server files? those links are terrrrrribly slow.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-11 00:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

The new DRG 2-hour is pretty fun. Video related:
[+]
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-11-11 00:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
[+]
 Bismarck.Lillica
Server: Bismarck
user: agryas99
By Bismarck.Lillica 2012-11-11 00:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

+

Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-11 01:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I have the CDi Kriss Kross game somewhere, thanks for reminding me to go burn it.