11-09-2012 07:11 AM
[BG source] [JP source]
Slycer
BG Translator

Regarding the Probability of Treasure Hunter Rising

Random JP Players
Bunch of questions about TH

(something something idk)

In the post at this time I'll answer with some brief comments. Since various things can change the conditions, it is difficult to provide a single answer.

There is an increased probability in the occurrence of TH level rising when the difference between the value of the player's TH and the value of the current TH level on the monster are further apart. Therefore, equipment that raises the TH level above the natural trait level will prove advantageous from the beginning of the battle or if the TH level has already risen.

There have been requests that THFs would like to switch equipment after giving the effect of Treasure Hunter. Since this would reduce the overall value of Treasure Hunter equipment by diminishing the benefit in raising the TH level, we will maintain the current situation.

Hopefully this answered your questions.

Translated by: Slycer
Subscribe

11-09-2012 04:28 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Happy Friday everyone!

Sorry to intrude on this thread, but I wanted to share some information about Treasure Hunter.

This post might get a bit complicated since it is about Treasure Hunter, but that is the nature of the beast, as they say.

To shed some light of the background before I drop some knowledge bombs, there was a test performed by your fellow adventurers in Japan, and they noticed that after initially hitting the monster with maximum TH+ gear equipped and then switching to non-TH gear, the rate in which the TH value increased was reduced.

Now that you have the background…

Adding Treasure Hunter+ via equipment, or other means, will not increase the rate at which the Treasure Hunter value grows, as this is a set rate. However, when the value of Treasure Hunter placed on a monster and the value of the Treasure Hunter on your character are different, this will cause the growth rate to vary. With that said, if you want to increase the Treasure Hunter value, it is best to utilize equipment that has the Treasure Hunter+ effect. By unequipping Treasure Hunter+ gear, you are essentially creating a gap between the value placed on the monster and your character, which results in an inefficient means for increasing the TH value.

There have been requests to make it so that it's possible to switch out TH+ gear after the TH effect is placed on a monster, but as there is a concern that this would reduce the value of equipment with Treasure Hunter+ and also takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter, we would like to keep it as it is currently.
Subscribe
[+]
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-09 17:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So we were right fighting mobs with TH gears fulltimed!
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
Server: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2012-11-09 17:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

inb4 they give SAM a surprise JA called Dropishoten that has a 3 minute recast that makes all items 100%.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-09 17:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Gil toss. Drop rate increased proportional to how much gil you throw at the enemy
[+]
 Siren.Vanian
Server: Siren
By Siren.Vanian 2012-11-09 17:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I just cried a little, actually, make that alot
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-09 17:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah!
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2012-11-09 17:51:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight/Thief's Knife onry!
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-09 17:52:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Having the rate at which TH level increases based on the difference between your TH level and the enemy's TH level sounds pretty reasonable to me.

(That's how I've always assumed it was, but yeah.)
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-11-09 17:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not so sure about the "takes away all the hard work some players have put into maximize their Treasure Hunter" part.

Even if it was tough* to max out TH, people spend all kinds of time and money on niche use gear.

*it's not

But whatever, any more knowledge about exactly how TH works is more knowledge.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos 2012-11-09 18:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So if not having TH+ on decreases the rate, then having it on would cause it to increase. Yet they say having it on doesn't help as it's a set rate.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2012-11-09 18:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Not understanding this with the way he worded it really.

Can someone reword it for me? or break it down?
Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »
So if not having TH+ on decreases the rate, then having it on would cause it to increase. Yet they say having it on doesn't help as it's a set rate.
Pretty much this
 Lakshmi.Aanalaty
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aanalaty
By Lakshmi.Aanalaty 2012-11-09 18:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Damnit i am NOT fulltiming *** thf knife when I have invested in both a 99 mandau and 99 twash. *** you SE. *** you.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sevvy
Server: Cerberus
user: Sevvy
By Cerberus.Sevvy 2012-11-09 18:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I assumed as much too. Im glad I just always keep my TH+ gear on~
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-09 18:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I think what amazes me most is that people still seem to care about TH levels beyond whatever their first hit was.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Taereon
Server: Ragnarok
user: Halo4
By Ragnarok.Taereon 2012-11-09 18:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sevvy said: »
I assumed as much too. Im glad I just always keep my TH+ gear on~

Same here.
[+]
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2012-11-09 18:39:57
Link | Quote | Reply

By removing you TH gear you are technically cheating the system. Thf is ment to keep on the TH gear, the TH proc system wasn't thought through very well. Just like all of the other stuff the randomly implement in the game. If it is to good to be true they will nerf/correct it in time.

For Aanalaty why would you put all your eggs in one basket, haha for you.
 Sylph.Decimus
user: Octavius
By Sylph.Decimus 2012-11-09 18:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Like Sylow said, anything beyond 7 that's not purely accidental is a waste of time.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-11-09 18:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

TH2 is enough for damn near whatever you are doing. Adding TH has literally been dangling the carrot in front of the base and watching them scramble for it. And lol99 twashtar.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-09 18:47:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Not understanding this with the way he worded it really.

Can someone reword it for me? or break it down?
Quetzalcoatl.Bryangelos said: »
Pretty much this

This kinda boggled me a little too.

Also, like usual, their reasoning is just pure silliness. No serious thf wants to full-time th gear, but smart thfs will at least swap it in for a hit or two or for a /ra to make sure th is on the mob. "Hard earned" th gear is still being used regardless. :/
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-09 18:48:35
Link | Quote | Reply

TH7+ is only for NMs or things where time/damage isn't an issue.
 Phoenix.Icemn
Server: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2012-11-09 18:50:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Why lol99 Twashtar? I've seen 99 Twashtars out damage many DD in VW, and no not lolDD, some of the best DD on server by my friend on DNC lol..

and yeah...I wouldn't bother keeping TH gear on past the first proc, rate's already going down after that since you can't keep up with gear, I don't see a point to keeping it on after the first proc.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-09 18:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
TH7+ is only for NMs or things where time/damage isn't an issue.

Time is always an issue.
[+]
 Odin.Rengeki
Server: Odin
user: Rengeki
By Odin.Rengeki 2012-11-09 18:55:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably going to continue to swap out of TH gear on NMs after I hit with thief knife equipped anyway. Everything I do is lowman, though.

Don't bother with higher than TH6 in dyna unless it's an NM. I guess things haven't really changed unless you're in a big linkshell. Still, this is... annoying.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
Server: Siren
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-11-09 18:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope they come out with another TH+ dagger. That way I'll be expected by people to never use my 99 Mandau.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2012-11-09 18:59:29
Link | Quote | Reply

i love how they pretend that is a difficult thing get TH Gloves +2 and boots and knife nowadays.

It was beofre only on the case of TH Gloves, and it was purely to the restrictions that dynamis had.

To be honest now that thief has a TH3 as base trait I am not using th gear anymore (farming dynamis) unless is a rare NM or drop. In that case get the first upgrade and then switch them off.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-11-09 19:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

While good to finally get some answer to any mechanisms behind the guarded secrets of TH... SERIOUSLY WTF?? maybe if this was old school 75 cap days when getting the relic/TK was actually time intensive (via low drop rate/priority lists)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-09 19:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
I've attacked a lvl 95 mob with th10 then got naked and used signet staff, spamming like 100 SA and TA on it before it died to that 1 dmg weapon criting thanks to the mechanics of SA and TA. not a single upgrade ever to th11.

And yet if I attack a fresh mob with SA +TH10 gear + prowess setup, it upgrades to 11 from time to time uniformly over the course of an hour.

So their whole claim of "gear has no affect" seems broken

They didn't claim that, it's based on your TH level vs. mob's level.
 Leviathan.Vaudianx
Server: Leviathan
user: xVaudianx
By Leviathan.Vaudianx 2012-11-09 19:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aanalaty said: »
Damnit i am NOT fulltiming *** thf knife when I have invested in both a 99 mandau and 99 twash. *** you SE. *** you.

Need to get TH augments for those weapons.

edited: tired and can't spell, and beer...
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6