Resources or Spellcast issue
 Bismarck.Arkhelyi
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Arkhelyi
By Bismarck.Arkhelyi 2012-11-09 09:21:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi

I'm dual-boxing two characters. Up until yesterday, everything was working ok. Today when I loaded my two characters, the main was working normally and but for the mule, spellcast was not working.

Opening the console, I saw that 'spellcast encountered a serious error and had to quit' with something like 'outgoing text method' given as a reason. At that point, if I reload spellcast and try to use it, it crashes the game.

I checked resources and it seems there's an issue there. On the main, it gives either a MD5Check is invalid or an updated messages. On the mule, only the MD5Check one (but of course the resources are shared)...

I'm lost at that point. Any pointers?

Thanks
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-11-09 15:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

A LS mate and myself bother encountered this today. Performing actions with the Chatoyant staff caused spellcast to unload itself. Not sure why all of a sudden though.
 Odin.Calipso
Server: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-11-09 15:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Have this problem, too. Everything was working fine till today.

Also, the spellcast link on windower forum is broken. Doubt I have the latest version but can't update it to see if that's the problem :(

"Spellcast encountered a fatal error and must be terminated. Error: Access violation in outgoing text method"
 Valefor.Clairefox
Server: Valefor
user: Clairefox
By Valefor.Clairefox 2012-11-09 15:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Here I did this and it seems to work now. Seems the items are missing from the list.

Add this into your items_weapons.xml:
Code
  <i id="18632" enl="Iridal Staff" fr="Bâton Irisé" frl="Bâton Irisé" de="Iridal-Stab" del="Iridal-Stab" jp="イリダルスタッフ" jpl="イリダルスタッフ">Iridal Staff</i>

<i id="18633" enl="Chatoyant Staff" fr="Bâton Chatoyant" frl="Bâton Chatoyant" de="Chatoyant-Stab " del="Chatoyant-Stab " jp="チャトヤンスタッフ" jpl="チャトヤンスタッフ">Chatoyant Staff</i>

I tried w/o restarting the game and just //updateresources, and it kicked me. Once I got back in though from having to restart, it works just fine.
[+]
 Bismarck.Arkhelyi
Server: Bismarck
user: Arkhelyi
By Bismarck.Arkhelyi 2012-11-10 04:12:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That did it.
Thanks!