Setting Up VW Parties. (Discussion)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Voidwatch » Setting up VW parties. (Discussion)
Setting up VW parties. (Discussion)
 Asura.Cormag
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Cormag 2012-11-03 14:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm curious to see what people view as the "best" set up for a VW party. Jobs & all.

I know some parties would be tweaked for things like Botolus Rex. & for whatever reason, to this day I still join VW parties that wipe against easier mobs. So I wanted to start making my own parties.

Thank you in advance.
By Ashandarei 2012-11-03 14:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR
DRK
Heavy DD(Another WAR, DRK, SAM(if they're good))
COR
BRD
WHM

SAM
MNK
RNG
COR
BRD
WHM

BLM/DRK
BLM/SCH
SCH/RDM
BLU/PLD
BLU
NIN

Is the optimal set I would use and be able to beat just about anything that didn't have adds.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-11-03 15:21:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Regular alliance setup is perfectly fine for botulus rex. You just need to make sure your RNG and 2 CORs have wildfire.

Above setup looks almost exactly like what we use. We usually have 2 WARs for proc purposes. DRG is fine to bring as well. I've never done it myself, but PUP can replace the MNK.

The one difference I will highlight though is that the SCH should absolutely be /BLM and stunning (on the harder mobs anyway). You also do not need 2 BLUs. Bring a SMN.
By Ashandarei 2012-11-03 15:36:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
Regular alliance setup is perfectly fine for botulus rex. You just need to make sure your RNG and 2 CORs have wildfire.

Above setup looks almost exactly like what we use. We usually have 2 WARs for proc purposes. DRG is fine to bring as well. I've never done it myself, but PUP can replace the MNK.

The one difference I will highlight though is that the SCH should absolutely be /BLM and stunning (on the harder mobs anyway). You also do not need 2 BLUs. Bring a SMN.

Been wanting to toy with the idea of having a SMN/PUP in that 2nd BLU spot, but can never find a SMN with PUP leveled lol
 Asura.Cormag
By Asura.Cormag 2012-11-03 15:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Thats what I was thinking, about the smn. thanks for the help guys.
cant wait to get tells from thfs, lol.
 Cerberus.Sephrin
Server: Cerberus
user: xSephrinx
By Cerberus.Sephrin 2012-11-03 15:41:05
Link | Quote | Reply

The above setup is good, however I think cor/brd x2 is a bit over kill for weaker stuff like Jeuno T3+ Qilin and the like.

For harder stuff like Ig, Rex etc yeah it would be beneficial. For the easier crap I'd suggest just one buffer for the second DD party. Either BRD or COR.

On my server it's difficult to find a BLU let alone 2. I usually fill up with a SMN instead of 2 BLUs.

Also echoing what Helel said.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Server: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-03 15:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

For most VWNM my setup is:

WAR WAR SAM WHM BRD COR
DRK RNG MNK WHM COR DD (the random DD is usually a second DRK)
BLM/sch BLM BLU/pld BLU NIN/dnc MAGE (usually SMN)

This setup is not optimal for VWNMs that spawn adds, nor for Botulus Rex, but should work for just about everything else. For stuff with adds, an easy fix is to make the random mage a WHM and replace one of the BLU with a PLD. People *** about not having 2 BLUs I've noticed, but a competent party should have no problem dealing with a 1 minute cooldown to get a 3 or 5.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-03 15:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Who you put in the best buffed party should always depend on the players, check them and see who is deserving(or change them as you parse). Although the cor should usually get at least a drk and a war for rolls improvement.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Server: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-11-03 16:30:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
The above setup is good, however I think cor/brd x2 is a bit over kill for weaker stuff like Jeuno T3+ Qilin and the like.
There's nothing wrong with overkilling. (*'-') Love when VWNMs drop before my initial AM3 wears off.
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-11-03 16:39:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Ashandarei said: »
WAR
DRK
COR
BRD
WHM

SAM
MNK
RNG
COR
BRD
WHM

BLM/DRK
BLM/SCH
SCH/RDM
BLU/PLD
BLU
NIN

Is the optimal set I would use and be able to beat just about anything that didn't have adds.
I've never even thought of this before but man that's a great idea, doesn't cover all of the absorbs but gets at least 4 more proc spells.
By Avitori 2012-11-03 17:18:12
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR
DRK
COR
BRD
WHM

SAM
MNK
RNG
COR
BRD
WHM

BLM/DRK
BLM/SCH
SCH/RDM
BLU/PLD
BLU
NIN/PUP

ftfy
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-11-03 17:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd rather have ninja and bards sub blm as half of them can never land stuff and can't proc.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-11-03 23:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

WAR
DRK
(DRG / SAM / MNK)
COR
BRD (sub PLD)
WHM

WAR
DRK
(DRG / SAM / MNK)
COR
BRD (sub NIN)
WHM

BLM/SCH
BLM/RDM
BLU
Open
Open
Open

Open spots can be SMN / RNG or whatever extra friends / proc jobs that you want to bring. PLD fits here if there are adds. Can also add THF / NIN / ect..

We try to always have WAR + DRK in each of the melee parties for the boost on Fighters and Chaos. The two extra DD's are then pulled from SAM/DRG/MNK depending on whats available. One BRD subs PLD for Shield Bash and the other subs NIN for most of the procs. One BLM subs SCH for helix procs the other RDM for those few procs.

That covers just about all possible eventualities and gives you overwhelming firepower to crush anything while also having enough diversity to ensure capped red and a good supply of fanatics.

-=Edit=-

Forgot to mention, you do BRD rotations to get four songs on all your DD's (more if your lucky).
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-03 23:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Avitori said: »
WAR
DRK
COR
BRD
WHM

SAM
MNK
RNG
COR
BRD
WHM

BLM/DRK
BLM/SCH
SCH/RDM
BLU/PLD
BLU
NIN/PUP

ftfy
I'd go with NIN/DNC and switch out the second BLU for the aforementioned SMN/PUP personally.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Server: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-04 00:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Cormag said: »
I'm curious to see what people view as the "best" set up for a VW party. Jobs & all.

I know some parties would be tweaked for things like Botolus Rex. & for whatever reason, to this day I still join VW parties that wipe against easier mobs. So I wanted to start making my own parties.

Thank you in advance.

T3 probably doesn't matter, as it will be dead really fast. Majority of setup can beat it quickly in various combination so I really just go with what I get.

For harder one, if there's a risk of not be able to kill it in less than 2 min, or if I only get average DD and no one is elite. I aim for higher output in ally.

WAR DRK MNK DD COR BRD/SCH

WAR DRK SAM DD COR BRD/SCH

BLU NIN BLM BLM WHM SCH

DD can be any job that is good at doing dmg. DRG is ok for angon, but only if DRG isn't completely gimp. I wouldn't go all out to invite a DRG just for proc. RNG is ok if he's good too, but just like DRG, the chance of getting good RNG is low. WAR DRK are must have in DD pt, the more the better. SAM is skippable if you can't find a good one, but you can have it if you want. NIN is also replaceable with someone /NIN. Although main NIN gives more proc.
SCH is replaceable with another mage depending on NM. 2 WHM is completely pointless on most NMs except a few, if you split -na duty between WHM and SCH, and BLM stuns are done properly.

Honestly VW setup is pretty versatile, a lot of times there are no "best" setup, but completely depend on who you get and how good they're at it. I don't go all out to invite jobs like MNK SAM DRG NIN RNG 2nd WHM 2nd BLU SMN etc, if I get them and they're good at it, then I just use it, other wise I don't notice super big difference when you skip a few proc job as long as all kills are < 2 min. I think ppl just too paranoid about "perfect" setup for VW.

As for BRD rotation, I do it on PW. I guess it's not a bad idea to do it on T6+ either if nobody is too lazy to do it.