Bismarck.Shebby
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Shebby
By Bismarck.Shebby 2012-11-03 09:25:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone,

well how to start.

Hows the Topic alr. Said I'm looking for a Gear advice for the Blade: Metsu WS outside of Abyssea of course.

I was looking the last weeks/months in every thread i could find about this WS but either the Thread is outdated due the new Gearsets or they doesn't rly help cause of Blade: Hi > rest.

I'm a careeer NIN and would like to have serouisly answers ;).
I got my Kikoku yesterday and want to make this Job/WS more usefull as I can.

I'm also fine if ppl want to make a Blade: Shun set as well compared to the Blade: Metsu WS Set.

I just heard experience about both WS but couldn' rly talked with owners about it.

I'm glad for every help I can get.
Thanks a bunch.

Greetz Shebby

PS. Sry for the bad english skills ;p
 Bismarck.Shebby
By Bismarck.Shebby 2012-11-04 05:51:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sry for the Bump.

But does have nobody any Idea or Sets he want to show us :).

=(
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-04 06:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Byakko's is replacement for legs that actually exist. If Pil is screwing you over Iga+2 is great. Probably Rajas/Second Thundersoul over Tjukurrpa since that thing is really tough to get. Thaumas Gloves (+set bonus), Athos Gloves or Iga Tekko +2 all work alright for hands until you get Myrmex. No NNI? Get Kacura+1, Scopuli or Athos.
[+]
 Bismarck.Shebby
By Bismarck.Shebby 2012-11-04 08:55:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you very much Kincard,

That helped me alot to know what to work for ;).

Looks like a rly good Blade Metsu WS Set any experience about a Blade Shun Gear Set Vs Blade Metsu?

Rly interesting would be dmg wise compared to them.

I'm looking forward to get this Set.
Using for Blade Metsu;

Head: Ocelomeh Headpiece +1
Neck: Gorget
Ear1: Centaurus Earring Ear2: Brutal Earring
Body: Toci's Harness
Hands: Iga tekko +2
Ring1: Rajas Ring Ring2: Eponas Ring
Back: Atheling Mantle
Belt: Shadow Belt (but will replace it with yours mention)
Legs: Thamuas Legs
Feets: Koga kyahan +2

Well don't know how to post Gear Sets you did from the AH since its looks rly better to show what I have.

But thx first of all what you shown me may we seen more sets or atleast a Set for Blade: Shun and if ppl use Blade Shun over Metsu.

Thank you :)
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-04 14:35:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Shameless plug! I have a set for Blade: Shun posted here. I try to update the post with each patch so just check back to see any updates when they hit.

Generally Shun will outdo Metsu, and the Blade: Metsu aftermath doesn't make any difference unfortunately.
 Bismarck.Shebby
By Bismarck.Shebby 2012-11-04 16:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome Kincard,

I completly forgot about your rly nice made Thread, well I will save it into my favorite list.

Thanks a bunch, you helped me alot :).
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [263 days between previous and next post]
By tiresias 2013-07-25 08:52:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I just finished Kikoku last night thanks to Ryouken for loaning me the final 30, and I have been wanting to make a set for this WS so it's actually usable.

At the moment I don't have horrid gear and working to get more VW gear but reading your list, would you still use Cuchulain's Belt over Shadow Belt? I assume from what I read it seems all Relic WS's are 1 hit? (Need to actually test this and confirm) Because I spammed 200 WS's for my first trial last night and got REALLY RANDOM TP gain back ranging from 4-11 TP in return and numbers were around 1000-2300 averaging 1500.

Also to that, would you still use Brutal Earring? I see a lot of posts and people saying stay away from it and go all STR for earrings. Assuming Metsu can still double / triple attack proc when used.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-07-25 09:00:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Metsu itself is a 1-hit WS, but you'll get an offhand hit and you can get DA etc procs.

If you're going to be using it in Adoulin I imagine Elemental Belt will be nice for both saving space and giving you an accuracy bump. Don't feel like you have to invest a lot of money into it right now because in August they're going to adjust a lot of gear and the sets are probably going to change significantly again.

In all honesty though there's no real reason to be using Metsu outside of your trial stuff at the moment IMO. Gonna have to wait for that REM patch and see if they do anything to it or Kikoku.
By tiresias 2013-07-25 09:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I figured as much about the update thing and using outside. Although I have to say without athos pants and feet which I am currently working to get for Hi outside I kind of like Metsu, but I do agree with you.

Gear wise though I'm not worried about space for NIN. I've got multiple sets which I swap in and out. I'm mainly wanting to make Metsu something good to try contradict what all the other forums say about it. That said I'll wait with trying to buy anything for it and just go for the stuff that's free then and wait till the update. Hopefully after trials I'll start to see an improvement with the bonus dmg trait given to Kikoku.
By fillerbunny9 2013-07-25 10:15:33
Link | Quote | Reply

For right now, I'd advise just using what you have to make the most of Metsu on your trials. Probably 2/3 (if not worse) the relic weaponskills are not worth the TP expenditure. Metatron performed much better than Geirskogul ever did for me, particularly when paired with Warrior's Charge, and the AM was nice; however Metsu is up there with Geirskogul, Scourge, and Onslaught for poor performance from what I have seen. I'd love to see them do something to make relics relevant again, but after the single idea they threw out that the community deemed acceptable, we've heard zero information since. Good luck with your killshots and marrows and congrats on completion.
By tiresias 2013-07-25 13:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Fillerbunny9! I'm happy it's done. I've always liked NIN so I mean even it never pars to Hi, I'm happy with it. I am however a little worried about getting Marrows. I don't mind the crafting / farming for gil to buy them, but feels like no one does Arch-DL anymore to actually get them. May have to try and make PT's for it myself me thinks. That's a ways down the road though.