users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Carbuncle » DRG LS
DRG LS
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2009-06-04 19:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok i know this sounds silly but do u think a LS of only drg 75 and maybe 3 brds and 3 cors would work well in endgame? All the drgs would go /mage. I was just curious because after playing in a drg burn party makes me want to try it with harder mobs and more drgs :).
[+]
 Cerberus.Jaxson
Server: Cerberus
user: Jaxson
By Cerberus.Jaxson 2009-06-04 20:07:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Well from my experience, this would not work well. I haven't done sky or sea, but I know in dynamis this would just not go well. The statues would destroy everything since they are only easily defeated by a team of black mages or well geared red mages. I guess scholar would be useful, but I digress. It might work for endgame things where all you need is outright damage, but other than that I think it wouldn't work at all. Hower I do agree that 5 drg's and a brd or cor kick serious flying ***.
[+]
 Sylph.Ranok
Server: Sylph
user: Ranock
By Sylph.Ranok 2009-06-04 20:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

2 drg/war 3 drg/mage 1 brd Best exp ive ever gotten, on flying of course
[+]
 Siren.Temeraire
Server: Siren
user: Temeraire
By Siren.Temeraire 2009-06-04 20:14:26
Link | Quote | Reply

On HNMs, you'd feed them way too much TP to survive.

In Dynamis and Einherjar, you will need more support.

Might be an interesting Limbus group, tho.
[+]
 Phoenix.Meez
Server: Phoenix
user: Meez
By Phoenix.Meez 2009-06-04 20:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I duo drgs with a friend and a all drg ls with skilled drgs who know what they doing, along with a few brds and a pld can take anything... we duo as /blu and it costs us a total of 5 mp each to cure for 900+ hp when we trigger healing breath... come on can ur whm do that? if just 2 drgs can do that then what would a whole ls be able to accomplish?
 Titan.Exhile
Server: Titan
user: Clax
By Titan.Exhile 2009-06-04 21:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

You're forgetting a most vital piece of info...
Wyverns die from AoE stuff .... a lot...
20Min recast says no =(
So on an HNM or anything that isn't a bird your tactic would fail rather quickly.
[+]
 Hades.Valkyria
Server: Hades
user: Valkyria
By Hades.Valkyria 2009-06-04 22:14:16
Link | Quote | Reply

AoE, whats ure point? you dont need to be engaged to use your wyvern to heal, just within range. its completely feasable and frankly, a good idea. considering a well geared drg healing breath setup can knock out 400+ heals without TP. yes a wyvern engaging would render stronger heals. but thats why you have multiple and why SE gave us deep breathing fully merited to 5/5 gives 5min recast. And not sure why your worrying about an all drg ls in hnm, only thing you can get for drg from hnm is heca head/legs, and if u wanted them that badly, go do Odin, which has a far better item anyways. Sp in reply to u Aliceisback, its a damn good idea and id be all over it if i was on your server. have fun, good luck and dont let anybody say loldrg again.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-05 08:27:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd love to meet the COR or BRD mains willing to sign up for a linkshell like this.

What's your all-drg strategy for Omega? How about Faust? Divine Might?

While it sounds good on paper, even in a social drg-oriented linkshell you end up spending your time trying to teach people why Narashima's Vest / Dreizack is to be avoided only to hear "DURRRR URE ELITEIST" in return.

Better idea is to /friendlist the good drgs you meet and keep a semi-static for the most fun at Nyzul birds you can have :P
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-06-05 08:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer: No.
 Unicorn.Excesspain
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-06-05 08:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Every HNM/God has at least one AoE/Cone move that will wipe out your wyvern quick, as Exhile said. Once that happens it's all downhill from there.
 Phoenix.Mogue
user: Mogue
By Phoenix.Mogue 2009-06-05 08:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Excesspain said:
Every HNM/God has at least one AoE/Cone move that will wipe out your wyvern quick, as Exhile said. Once that happens it's all downhill from there.

Doesn't even have to be that. It can also be a Double attack or Crit or TP move that hits for more than the 40-75% HP threshold that the paper-thin DRG constantly sits at.
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-05 08:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

EXP @ birds with that setup is solid. However, HNM / Endgame is not

however if u had 2 top-notch tanks mixed in there, with proper support given, it might work

Meez said:
we duo as /blu and it costs us a total of 5 mp each to cure for 900+ hp when we trigger healing breath... come on can ur whm do that? if just 2 drgs can do that then what would a whole ls be able to accomplish?

That doesnt matter too much at all against moves such as Tortise Stomp (i assume we're talking about sky according to the OP...) it really doesnt matter if your wyvern is healing 900+ hp when you get one-shot-killed.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
Server: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2009-06-05 08:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I suspect that a large number of very well geared drg's can probably work through limbus and actually kill omega, but as everyone else has already stated, overall = no.

Now, if you change that to Pet job LS, then yeah, you can pretty much kill anything as a few PET job ls's already have.
 Shiva.Jimmyjazz
Server: Shiva
user: Jimmyjazz
By Shiva.Jimmyjazz 2009-06-05 12:43:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I can foresee;

-Enemy: Big AOE wipes all wyvern "RAWR"
-Dragoons: "Quick everyone SUPERJUMPS!!1!"
-Bard or Corsair: "Oh shi-"

But seriously, sounds like it would be fun to try out on some big baddies with ample support and/or tanks.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-05 12:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyjazz said:
I can foresee;

-Enemy: Big AOE wipes all wyvern "RAWR"
-Dragoons: "Quick everyone SUPERJUMPS!!1!"
-Bard or Corsair: "Oh shi-"

But seriously, sounds like it would be fun to try out on some big baddies with ample support and/or tanks.

I LOL'ed. XD